Unlimited access >

I'm So Excited! A Fine Romance Daughter Heading to Europe to Compete!

I just read on Phoenix Eventing’s page on FB that the A Fine Romance daughter A Little Romance, is heading across the pond, to compete at Normandy and Blenheim.

I’m so excited, nervous, and beyond pleased for her breeders/owners and her rider, Jessica Phoenix.

A Little Romance has been competing at the IO, ** level, with a recent win in a Two Star up here.

And now I am also nervous!

For people who are interested in breeding and bloodlines, ALR is 3/4 TB, 1/4 Trakehner, her damsire is Donaufurst.

Here she is, winning her class at last year’s Indoor Eventing at the Royal Winter Fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u1b-ePg7E

Congrats to you, AFR, the breeders and Jessica!!!
I can certainly understand your nervousness- I get queasy just thinking about heading over to the mainland on the ferry with my girl!

I will be rooting for her!

When the crowd got pumped and started whooping? That mare really lit up and fed off of it, didn’t she?

Thats one born and bred competitor. Congratulations on getting that rider to showcase your product too. I look toward to following them.

That was an exciting win! I will be watching for her results. Good luck.

How exciting! You deserve to be proud, what a great bunch of offspring :yes:.

[QUOTE=findeight;7117834]
When the crowd got pumped and started whooping? That mare really lit up and fed off of it, didn’t she?

Thats one born and bred competitor. Congratulations on getting that rider to showcase your product too. I look toward to following them.[/QUOTE]

I have watched that video a hundred times, and I still get excited watching it. The yelling of the crowd, that incredibly loud music ("she’s coming!!)
That little mare just ZOOMED!

Thank you everyone for the kind congrats and good luck wishes. :yes:
This is a first, having an offspring compete overseas.
I am excited, proud, and nervous - all at once.

That is one awesome little horse- the ultimate eventer!! Just love her. Just how a proper event horse should be- quick, clever, cat like, incredibly athletic and just sheer love for the job. Is her dam pure TB?
Look forward to seeing her compete in the Uk.

oh she looks awesome!!

See post #1 she’s 1/4 TK

I just got a chance to watch her video. She is so darn cute!

Keep us posted, it will be fun to follow her on her “European Vacation”.

[QUOTE=RoundTheBend;7120754]
That is one awesome little horse- the ultimate eventer!! Just love her. Just how a proper event horse should be- quick, clever, cat like, incredibly athletic and just sheer love for the job. Is her dam pure TB?
Look forward to seeing her compete in the Uk.[/QUOTE]

Thank you RoundtheBend.
Her dam is 1/2 TB. 1/2 Trakehner (by the lovely TK sire Donaufurst.
A Fine Romance, her sire is, full Thoroughbred, so she is 3/4 TB, 1/4 Trak.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments and good wishes. :yes:

How exciting! I’m sure she’ll be a superstar!

She is a clever little thing, isn’t she?!

Congratulations! It’s wonderful to see his offspring out competing!

[QUOTE=ISR;7123073]
She is a clever little thing, isn’t she?!

Congratulations! It’s wonderful to see his offspring out competing![/QUOTE]

Nothing like a little Hail Mary at the end to show off how clever she is! I love her!

Congratulations, Gail! Fred has fantastic babies.

Good luck to Jessie and ALR!

Here she is with Pavarotti and the Phoenix Event team, waiting to fly to France.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.565995480125200.1073741830.153720458019373&type=1

What a great looking and very talented mare! Hoping her trip goes great and she is very successful. Congratulations, Gail, it’s so wonderful to see “our”
youngsters out and getting it done! Good for AFR – getting the attention he deserves!

PennyG

Congrats!!! It is awesome to see Canada doing so well and even more awesome to see Canadian bred horses doing so well!!!