Unlimited access >

In Celebration of the BB Family

As upset as many of us are over MissD’s accident, it serves to remind me that there are so many of you who’ve become like a virtual family and I wanted to take the time to celebrate all that you mean to me.

The sisters who’d give me a strong shake and tell me to get over myself:
Louise, Portia, Justalurker, Erin, Weatherford, Fred, Quinn, dogchushu, Canter

The sisters with whom I can no longer go out because they’ve been banned from the bar:
Coreene, DMK, Inverness, Kennett Square, Cactuskate, Mazzy, HeyYouNags

The younger sisters beside whom I look normal:
ErinB, Bread, Jumpthemoon, Tin; and dear Colin

The blonde half-sister from my father’s first marriage:
VTRider

The brother who wouldn’t hesitate to query, “girl, you going out in that?”
Robby Johnson

The brother in whose hair I’d put a wad of well-chewed Double Bubble gum
Jair

The first sisters I’d call if in need of a shoulder, a meal, or bail money:
Duffy, ETBW, Quinn, AHC, Justalurker

The grandfather from whom I wouldn’t take linty candy:
The Urchinator

[This message was edited by Heidi on Feb. 05, 2002 at 03:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by Heidi on Feb. 05, 2002 at 04:26 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
Daughter got the greenie WB – but recognizing the error of my ways, she’s now training in dressage. I’ve even conceded to some eq. flat classes come summer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got the horse??? Why didn’t you tell us? Or did you and I just missed it? Oh I miss everything.

Anyways congrats!! Your daughter must be thrilled!

<Post tie-back Surgery: 23 days until he can neigh and be turned out>

Awww, Heidi, I’m touched. I guess being designated a virtual sister takes a bit of the sting out of being dumped as a potential sister in law!

“I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin

I just don’t know whether Merry and I should be crushed – CRUSHED, I tell you! – or dancing a little madly celebratory jig that we were dissed by Heidi’s list.

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

The sister whom I can count on to embarrass me in front of anyone I know:

Heidi

That being said. I agree with everyone’s sentiment too We have such a fun, caring community here, it can be quite special at times

The sisters who’d give me a strong shake and tell me to get over myself:
Louise, Canter, SoEasy, Robby

The sisters with whom I can no longer go out because they’ve been banned from the bar:
DMK, Heidi, Robby, Colin, Jeb

The brother who wouldn’t hesitate to query, “girl, you going out in that?”
Robby

The sister in whose hair I’d put a wad of well-chewed Double Bubble gum
DMK - it would drive her nuts

The first sisters I’d call if in need of a shoulder, a meal, or bail money:
ETBW, Louise, SoEasy, Weatherford, and Heidi

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by batgirl:
“… is the kid in whose hair I would put bubble-gum. …”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To the batsaddle!

Just injecting something a little serious here. We all care for each other so much on this BB, and we all HAVE become part of a virtual family.

One thing I often worry about is that we will not know when something happens to one of our family.

Please - all of us should give one person who would know what is happening in our lives a list of people to email in case something happened. One of those email addresses should be for someone who can let the BB know what is happening.

There are people who have disappeared from this BB, that I often wonder about. Hopefully they just got bored, but, we will never know. I don’t want to wonder about any of my BB friends.

Now, back to the fun

“We ride and never worry about the fall.
I guess that’s just the cowboy in us all.”
Tim McGraw

Sisters with whom I would never share a meditation tank for fear they’d drown me:
Why, that could only be Merry and Beezer. But mostly Beezer.

Slugger, I understand your perspective but simply put, what I like best about my BB ‘kin’ is that they reinforce my belief that most people are, in fact, kind and good.

And unlike blood kin, you’re allowed to impose distance, be aloof if you must; attend to other tasks without having to drop everything because Mama Heidi has, yet again, blown up the barbecue. It’s like a virtual family without the baggage - at least it has been for me.

Palisades, I have often suspected you are the most normal person on this BB.

You took a carousel ride on a croissant?? Well, THAT explains a lot!

I swear, you Canadians…

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

Great suggestion, Louise! I too wonder about some of the people who no longer post and hope everything is fine with them.

Gosh, Heidi, I’m so honored to be included in a couple of your categories. This means a lot to me.

Frankly, I depend on you for your always very well thought out and common sense posts. I almost always find myself saying “right on, Heidi” when reading your thoughts on some of the rather controversial topics. Well, when it came to riding daughter’s desire for a pony, you did seem to have a bit of tunnel vision, but I forgave you for that.

Cheers, Maggi

LOL Spaz! A new clique, perhaps? The Morbid Posters Union?

We could all sit around and discuss topic lines, page counts, and the initiating poster of our farewell message.

Ah, fun times, fun times.

~Erin B #1
Step One: Boot up brain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louise:
There are people who have disappeared from this BB, that I often wonder about. Hopefully they just got bored, but, we will never know. I don’t want to wonder about any of my BB friends.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As one who sometimes goes walkabout, it’s so nice to have people like Heidi and Louise and my other BB family members to remind me to keep in touch.

You weren’t supposed to let the secret about re the bars!

Heidi and I have consumed alcohol around the world, in the same bars at the exact same time.

What she doesn’t tell you is that I have been banned for life from said bars because I was the strapping screaming blonde trying to drag the little hoochie mama off the bar, where she was doing a wild dance that would put the hos in Coyote Ugly to shame. And when they wouldn’t release my sistah, I had to slap 'em away!

Then, finally, we escaped, took off our Manolos and ran wildly through the streets of Cannes in the wee hours, shrieking down the Rue d’Antibes, and were stopped by some toothless Frenchman who took one look at us and asked “COMBIEN?”

Well, what could I do?

Hell, I was out of pin money at this point. And earring money as well. And, of course, there was a pair at Chanel on the Croisette with my name ALL OVER THEM.

So I looked at that Frenchman and in my best Down Home accent said “Why Chahles Day Gall, is you wonderin’ how much fer the little gurl?” Because, as you may know, Heidikins is shorter than me.

He offered me 500ff. I turned him down - our little ho ho hoochie mama is worth so much more!

Of course, Heidi was getting obnoxious at this point AND the people in the bar were catching up, so I wound up pushing her through Yves St Laurent’s car window - it was open of course - and they sped off into the dark of night up to Moulin de Mougins while I had to fight them off, one by one, all by myself.

It was worth every minute!

I seem to be one of those BB’ers thats here and then gone and then back again but I echo Heidi’s sentiments. You all are wonderful virtual friends. Merry, Beezer and Heidi you have no idea how many times I’ve been in the dark in the evening in front of the computer screen laughing 'till I cried…you guys kill me, and what better way to end an evening than with a smile.

Aww thanks Heidi! However, I don’t know about making you looking normal. Just, perhaps, “a little more composed”.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> One thing I often worry about is that we will not know when something happens to one of our family. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least I know I’m not the only one. Yes, I do tend to freak out when a BBer is mysteriously absent. I’ve even taken it a step further, but for fear of being labeled as “morbid” I hesitate to share.

Ah, what the heck. I’ve often wondered what exactly I would do if I were, uh, well you know… unable to get on the board, for one reason or another (whatever that “another” is I’ll leave up to your vivid imaginations). I’ve even considered giving FatLilPony emergency instructions. Yes, you know you’re obsessed when…

I’ve also wondered what the replies would look like should FatLilPony ever have to make that announcement. (Hey, I KNOW I’m not the only one who wonders who would attend her funeral… or am I?)

Anyway, those were my random musings for the day. Back to my reguarly scheduled immaturity.

~Erin B #1
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Coreene, my elder, albeit taller, sister, how could you possibly accuse Jacques Gibout of being toothless?

Thank you, though, for refreshing my memory. Everything after the carousel ride on the Croisette is but a mere blur.

You know, the scary reality is that my ‘real-life’ adventures in Cannes are actually worse than being chased down the street by fictional waiters from Jimmy Z’s.

The sister whose expense account you count on for a dinner at Machou:
Coreene!

Forgive me, Maggi, for I have sinned. Daughter got the greenie WB – but recognizing the error of my ways, she’s now training in dressage. I’ve even conceded to some eq. flat classes come summer.

Virtual snugglies from me and my kitties.

Aw Heidi your so sweet!

The one thing I love about this board is that everyone cares about everyone else. Sure we may have our tiffs or weird moments but there is always one sypethetic ear, if not hundreds!

I also find myself quoting COTH posters in my everyday travels and it takes much explaining to who Heidi is, or why ErinB is ErinB and not just Erin and why when I swear I always think, good thing Erin isn’t here

<Post tie-back Surgery: 24 days until he can neigh and be turned out>

Heidi