Unlimited access >

In memory of November Rain

[QUOTE=baleofhay;3791825]
Why doesn’t someone email and ask if he has a tattoo?[/QUOTE]

Registered Aussie TB’s have freeze brands on both shoulders and not tattoos. I don’t see a brand on this guy but they are sometimes hard to read with the winter wooly coats.

If I remember correctly I was told when this guy was for sale by the previous owner that he did have a “funny brand”.

Any news yet Tazer??

If anyone can verify his brand, I can possibly identify him through racing registrations.

If Tazer does not buy Dundee then my dad and I absolutely will! He deserves a nice home! :yes:

1 Like

Australian Thoroughbreds are microchipped.

“Identification – the most rigorous and practical means of identifying thoroughbreds in the world, all Australian foals are DNA typed, microchipped and branded and records are maintained by the Australian Stud Book.
Online technology – the Australian Stud Book website is the most advanced online facility of its kind, providing full breeding history of every thoroughbred since 1972, information of historical significance and the facility for breeders to lodge mare and stallion returns online. The website received an upgrade in 2004 and allows breeders to access up-to-date and pertinent information regularly.”

They are now, but I believe that started in '03, and probably would not have been in effect if the horse were truly foaled in 1990 or so.

For a minute he looked just like Eros to me, but then I saw his two hind socks, which I do not believe Eros had. Of course, they say he’s a jumper, but that could also mean 3-day horse (many people do not know the difference).

Tazer: I live in PA and can ship him for you if you can give him a home. Please let me know.

I’ve been following this thread

And gotta’ say you all are GREAT!!! :yes:

I hope that Dundee intuitively knows that someone is coming to his rescue and his retirement will be filled with all the good things life has to offer.

Way to go COTH’ers and I thanks you for your large hearts!!!

Old Friends is a truly wonderful and unique organization, its formation was in response to Ferdinand’s slaughter. You can sign up for their electronic newsletters and they have great gifts available for sale, proceeds help them continue their work in saving TBs and bringing them home to live out their remaining years in comfort. Please check out their website. :yes:

[QUOTE=War Admiral;3793031]
God, y’all, I just looked at his pic again and wanted to cry. :cry:

I really HOPE one of y’all can take him in. I’ve already got the one rescue I can afford, and he’s going to be arriving in bad shape, so I cannot do two. :frowning:

Just a thought as to I.D… You know that famous team of show jumping brothers who donated a LOT of horses to a certain much-discussed NON-501©(3) over the years… Could this be one of theirs???[/QUOTE]

Whats the story here? PM me if youd like

This is so sad - I sure hope a COTHer is able to come to his rescue, olympics or not.

I don’t get this dump 'em when they can’t do things anymore mentality. My older OTTB only took me to intermediate (eventing), not WC level or anything, and I can’t imagine not providing him w/ a comfy retirement after all he’s done for me. He is totally spoiled and deserves it.

1 Like

I searched photos online of Australian jumpers but, none look like him.
This is terrible poor boy.

[QUOTE=farmgirl88;3795886]
Whats the story here? PM me if youd like[/QUOTE]

Ditto

[QUOTE=GettingBack;3795661]

For a minute he looked just like Eros to me, but then I saw his two hind socks, which I do not believe Eros had. [/QUOTE]

Correct - no socks on Eros. He also has the shoulder freeze marks, and a much more distinct “heart” on his forehead. He is enjoying retirement with Anne and Hoffy, where I’m sure he will live out his days. :smiley:

I am so glad to hear it sounding like someone from the board will likely take him. The sight of his spine poking out like that, and still with the kind, hopeful eye he has, is enough to rip your heart out. :sadsmile:

They have another for sale that is skinny too!
http://www.horseville.com/php/view.php?id=188148

[QUOTE=GettingBack;3795661]
They are now, but I believe that started in '03, and probably would not have been in effect if the horse were truly foaled in 1990 or so.

For a minute he looked just like Eros to me, but then I saw his two hind socks, which I do not believe Eros had. Of course, they say he’s a jumper, but that could also mean 3-day horse (many people do not know the difference).[/QUOTE]

I can assure you, it is NOT Eros! Doesn’t look like him (Eros has a big star), but I just talked to Anne this week, and Eros is currently trail riding in Southern Pines, enjoying his retirement!

This horse is in a different location than the first one. What exactly is Outlaw Acres? Is it a rescue network?

Ha! No way that is an Olympic Jumper…