Unlimited access >

In response to yesterday's incident. Please read.

I really hate to bring this subject up again, especially since I was so adamant about it in the last thread. However, I just wanted to clear up a couple of things after reading the replies to the most recent M_J topic (I’ve been in school and just got around to it).

One, please don’t clutter my e-mail with your immaturity. Whatever you say (or yell) isn’t going to change my way of thinking, so you’re just wasting my time and your own. Flaming, to quote my 12 year old sister, is “so five minutes ago.”

Two, please reread my posts so you’ll see that I recognized the fact that you’re entitled to a different opinion. While you may think of me as Satanic for “daring” to defend her, also understand that I just might think the same of you and your ideas. Yet, I keep my mouth shut, because, as I also stated, this is a free country. You can think whatever you want and I can’t stop you, so there’s no reason to try.

Three, thanks to all of you who supported me, though you didn’t agree with me. I appreciate it.

The only reason I am posting this is that the hatred in some of those replies was… um, intense, and I wanted to make sure my reply to M_J wasn’t the cause. I don’t want to lose any friends over this.

Thanks,

~Erin B #1
'Cause we got a K car, on the road of life, yeah we got a K car…

You are a very kind person, ErinB, and of course, you have a right to defend whomever you want to. Anyone who would send you an ugly email is small minded.

We should all move on, I think. I see MJ has posted another thread. I for one, will not read it or respond to it. I hope others do the same.

“What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?”

I admire your stand even though I do not agree with you. I am sorry for those that sent you those hate emails. While they need to attck something they picked the wrong target.

Stay the way you are and be a shinning member of this BB.

Maria

ErinB, you’d make a good judge! But you better watch out…when you turn 18 and end up on jury duty, you’ll do doubt end up getting selected!!! Actually, I LOVED being on jury duty when I was working for the federal government. I got paid for an entire day even though I didn’t spend 8 hours in court AND my local courthouse is in Malibu! I avoid it like the plague now, though, because my employer doesn’t pay while you are on jury duty.

Ignore the fools sending you nasty emails.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

you have a good point. We should just let the new post go by with no responses. Please - can we all just ignore it and maybe it will go away???

ErinB - NO ONE should be emailing you mean things - you are entitled to your opinion. Shame on them. Grrrrr. Getting my “mom” instincts up and protecting my BB buddies. Grrrrrr. Mean folks stay away from ErinB. Grrrrrr.

• C

Erin B. I feel your pain. I posted something sort of having to do with MJ sort of having to do with moving on. I’ve gotten two replies which were fine but 12 emails chewing me out!!! But if my post reminds anyone of what this board is about then it’s worth the evil emails… but people, grow up…

“Poets have been mysteriously quiet on the subject of cheese.”

Don’t let those turkeys get you down!

I was a member of this board when this “incident” first reared its ugly head and, although I never posted, I followed the entire saga. It was like a bad dream slowly unfolding. The anger I felt towards, not MJ herself, but her ignorant and her inability to accept responsibility for her actions was off the charts.

As I was tucking the horses in last night, I started thinking about this whole affair and was suprised at how much anger I still carried. Then I thought of you and your amazing ability to “take the high road”. I felt pretty ashamed that I have been unable to do something that a person over half my age had the wisdom and compassion to not only do, but stand up in a crowd that was vehement in their opposition and ask that others join her.

Shame on those who sent you nasty messages. Instead they should be sending you emails thanking you for being a great role model for us all and setting a standard of compassion to which we all should strive.

Being a member of this BB doesn’t mean we all have to agree. And we can disagree without being disagreeable. In the future when I start to stray from this principle, I will think of you and hope that I can act in the same manner as you have acted in this situation.

“Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved” Western Zen Saying

Its like a car wreck. I can’t help myself. I promise just to look, though.

ErinB, disregard the evil emails. Just delete them. Keep your innocence.

There’s no place like first place.

I’ve kept quiet about all of this, as I wasn’t around when it happened, but I think it’s sad someone would be hateful towards you, ErinB, as you’ve always seemed like a very kind, very mature person.

Now, to other matters:

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simplyirresistable:
ErinB, you’re a cool person. I’ll send you some virtual Mydol (In response to yesterday your complaining that you had none). Question about Mydol - if it is caffiene, why does it put me to sleep?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I was abroad this fall, I stopped drinking caffiene. Then I took I a Midol one evening and could not fall asleep for the life of me. So the next day, not only was I not happy from pain, I was not happy from not sleeping!

ErinB - someone called you “satanic??” What’s up with THAT??? I can’t believe it - my mouth keeps opening and shutting like a goldfish - I’m speechless. (A first,trust me…) And you were doing a Christian thing - forgiving. Okaaaaayy, I give up…god help all of us.

I will tell you now that I love your posts. My night is just not complete, my dear, unless I read one of your hilarious comments on life and horses.
You are a good person.

Stupidity should be painful.

I really hate to bring this subject up again, especially since I was so adamant about it in the last thread. However, I just wanted to clear up a couple of things after reading the replies to the most recent M_J topic (I’ve been in school and just got around to it).

One, please don’t clutter my e-mail with your immaturity. Whatever you say (or yell) isn’t going to change my way of thinking, so you’re just wasting my time and your own. Flaming, to quote my 12 year old sister, is “so five minutes ago.”

Two, please reread my posts so you’ll see that I recognized the fact that you’re entitled to a different opinion. While you may think of me as Satanic for “daring” to defend her, also understand that I just might think the same of you and your ideas. Yet, I keep my mouth shut, because, as I also stated, this is a free country. You can think whatever you want and I can’t stop you, so there’s no reason to try.

Three, thanks to all of you who supported me, though you didn’t agree with me. I appreciate it.

The only reason I am posting this is that the hatred in some of those replies was… um, intense, and I wanted to make sure my reply to M_J wasn’t the cause. I don’t want to lose any friends over this.

Thanks,

~Erin B #1
'Cause we got a K car, on the road of life, yeah we got a K car…

I’m going to try to be like MargeretF and NOT look!

ErinB, that is very much a bummOR that people jumped on you. You are better than doing something like that!

BGoosewood in Goosewood and therefore TweedleDEE http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simplyirresistable:
Question about Midol - if it is caffiene, why does it put me to sleep? Last time I took it, I fell asleep repeatedly during school, and kept having this strange hallucination like dreams.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It’s the diuretic in it that makes you sleepy. (Actually, I’m not sure Midol HAS caffeine in it … will have to check the label when I get home. )

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

People are cluttering your email???
Everyone is entitled to their opinions!!! EVERYONE!!!
BARB*

House hunting on Long Island…we’re looking at cardboard boxes…since that’s all we can afford in a nice area…:slight_smile:

ErinB, you’re a cool person. I’ll send you some virtual Mydol (In response to yesterday your complaining that you had none). Question about Mydol - if it is caffiene, why does it put me to sleep? Last time I took it, I fell asleep repeatedly during school, and kept having this strange hallucination like dreams.

Horse related… ummmm… I prolly rode that day?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Actually, I’m not sure Midol HAS caffeine in it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Midol I have definitely has caffeine in it. Maybe there are two kinds? I think mine is extra strength. Midol works, but because of the caffeine, it’s always a toss-up between actually taking it, and having my morning coffee. A tough decision! The smell of the coffee is the reason I get out of bed. (Gee, think I’m a little addicted?!)

and everyone has a right to their own.

I usually post from work and, as such, don’t have my email listed but I am quite sure that I avoid some nasty remarks because of that choice. I am sad that anyone, especially people from this forum, have chosen to express their free speech by inundating you with hate.

I don’t agree with you on the particular subject and cannot personally let bygones be bygones as I work hard to provide proper care for not only the humans in my life but the animals which I am fortunate enough to choose to have (the animals don’t choose to live with us!)

However, I sure am glad that there are people in the world who are as kind and forgiving as you. I may need that support myself sometime.

All together now. Remember the Beatles “Help” and the “fiendish thingie”?

(It was in the ice curling scene, I keep remembering that line because of the Olympics )

Erin, there are not many things I disagree with you on, but I cannot forgive and forget in this situation…

On the other hand, I respect your opinion and I’m glad your not going to let people bully you. Stay strong. As for the people who are emailing Erin, stop hiding behind your computer. Who are the childish ones now??

If you’re a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. - Jack Handey
Pony Rock

ErinB, you’re certainly entitled to have your own opinion on any subject under the sun, as is everyone else. 'Nuff said.