Unlimited access >

Is this website legit? Fundis-Equestrian

Hello, I came across a website called fundis-equestrian and was wondering if anyone purchased anything from them before? I’ve never heard of them before but I saw a pair of hind boots that were super cheap compared to what other retailers sell them for so it looked a little sketchy.

link to website:
https://www.fundis-equestrian.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqJDXzbKz7wIVrfvjBx1Khgp1EAAYASAAEgISf_D_BwE

They have 36k likes on their FB page. If that’s a con, they’re playing the long game :rofl:

Here’s their german language site: https://www.fundis-reitsport.de

Are you including shipping in pricing their goods?

1 Like

Ok good to know :smile: I did not include shipping but everything looks way cheaper on here even with the € to $USD conversion.

I’d definitely use the little drop down in the upper right to show their US prices–I didn’t see anything that looked crazy cheap with a quick poke around! Looks like they have nice stuff, it’s always fun to shop at the european tack stores!

The website has a table with shipping rates. It’s only 9,90euros which is about $12.00 That seems crazy cheap?
But they look to be legit, to me. Besides you’re paying with a credit card which carries fraud protection. Here are two sites which include reviews or mentions of the Fundis site. On top of the FB presence mentioned above, it would be a very elaborate scam indeed if these are all fake.

I’ve ordered Beris bits from them before. Totally legit and so much more affordable than most US retailers, even with shipping. And the wait time is not bad either.

1 Like

How long did shipping take?

I’m not sure I remember exactly, but I think it was about a week. Maybe 10 days. That’s about par for my experience with shipping overseas. Unless you order from a company that does DHL or another courier service. Then I’ve received things as quick as 48 hours later.

I purchased from them 3x and they are legit. I, very stupidly, clicked the wrong size girth… twice. So, thinking returns would be a breeze I finally ordered the correct size. Third times a charm, right? Guess what? Shipping to return ended up costing MORE than the purchase price.

Not their problem. I just thought I’d warn you on the return shipping issues.

1 Like

I purchased a Samshield helmet from them. About $150 cheaper including shipping then stores in the U.S. Also, for me, it came within two days.

In my experience this is usually the drawback with European online retailers - not the shipping cost but possible return cost (as I recently found with a pair of breeches). So just make sure you’re prepared to keep or resale what you buy.

5 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if Customs ever notices this kind of stuff & chuckles. I work seasonally at a US retailer that sells a lot of items imported from Europe. This year, a customer ordered something very famously associated with a one European country to be sent as a gift to a relative stationed in that country. :thinking: You have to list each item in the package & its country of origin on the Declaration sheet that is attached to the shipping label. It was late on a long, busy day as I was working on the forms & we all were little punchy:

Me: “Look. Look at where this package is going.”

Coworker: "Wait. What? Huh? They want us to send that to someone in [Country]? Why would they buy that from us & pay international shipping rates to send it back to where it came from ??

Me: “Dunno. Can you imagine being the Customs agent looking at this? COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: [HERE]”

Coworker: [Laughing maniacally with tears rolling down his face]

1 Like

I order from them quite often (I’m in Germany). They’re legit and I’ve never had an issue.

Same experience here! Purchased a beautiful Miss Shield from them for about $275 less than US retail. Got it in 4 days.

1 Like

I order from the all the time, I’m in Luxembourg. Great customer service and I love getting the little freebies from them. Their boot socks are super comfortable!

I’ve heard of Americans sending chocolates to Belgium before. The Belgians got his with customs charges. Guess what? They didn’t pay it. Who would for chocolates from the Us???

1 Like

I just purchased a pair of breeches from them. They super helpful with sizing, and I believe my breeches arrived in around 1 week.

I ordered a HS bit and an Animo show coat from their German site. I think I got free shipping, and it must have been on the slow boat across, but it did get to me eventually. It was worth it for the sale price I got on the coat.

For anyone on the fence about ordering from them, I ordered two pairs of Equiline breeches last night around 9pm ET (at the cost of a single pair here in the U.S.). They shipped UPS Express Saver from Germany and the UPS tracking says they’ll be delivered tomorrow. :astonished: I’m in NYC.

3 Likes

Even the U.S. prices still show VAT–it’s not until you get to your cart that you see the price sans-VAT, so it’s roughly 20% cheaper. Of course, it’s also particular brands that are cheaper, too. Buying, say, Ariat, doesn’t make sense, but buying Equiline, Pikeur, Animo, etc., is much cheaper.

2 Likes