Unlimited access >

Is this website legit? Fundis-Equestrian

I just bought my fourth item on here after discovering them 2 weeks ago :rofl: I am OBSESSED. Free shipping and it is FAST (I live on the west coast of the US). They are legit.

I bought a Helite vest, a dyon bridle & reins and no Tucci boots…dangerous if anything!

1 Like

I just bought a dyon bridle for $120…insane. Also bought dyon reins for $30 something and free shipping. My Helite vest was $500 versus $800 something in the US. You have to go back & look, it’s amazing the deals you’ll find!

1 Like

STAAAAHP. I think I need to browse again tonight… :rofl:

1 Like

Is there a way to convert prices into US dollars while browsing? I don’t see it, but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve missed something like that!

Eta: What about VAT? Don’t I have to pay VAT for shipments from Germany to the US?

Yes—there’s a little dropdown at the top with a German or EU flag. If you click the carat next to it, you’ll see the option for “English (USA)” and you’ll see USD. However, those prices will still show VAT. You’ll see VAT-free prices and shipping costs ($10, in my case) once you go to your cart. And no, VAT isn’t charged on exports of goods to countries outside the EU.

(My breeches are out for delivery, less than 48 hours after ordering them!)

Thank you! This is a very, very dangerous website! :rofl:

Eta: Update! Daughter’s birthday is coming up & she asked for new show clothes from the grandparents. After a few days of deliberation & adding items to the cart just to go “Squeeeee! Look how cheap it is compared to here!” we managed to settle on what she wanted. Order shipped out within 12 hours & arrived in under 3 days. Meanwhile, I used Mercari’s new FexEx SmartPost option to ship some model horses I sold & two of them are still circling a mail hub in Ohio :roll_eyes:

Don’t know how Fundis is doing what they do, but I hope they keep doing it!

2 Likes

@blondewithchrome and @katiepadie12 - were you offered sizes to choose from for your helmets? I’m a 7 1/8 and was eyeing the Samshields but it seemed like it only had S M L to choose from.

Not directed toward me, but since we are the same size and I’ve had two samshields I feel like I can help!

The SML refer to the shell, then you buy the insert/liner in your specific size (so, 7 1/8). You have to convert from the 57,58,59 etc.

I personally prefer the medium shell, as I’ve had both medium and large, and the liner does mold to your head (read: it shrinks a bit, but you can wash it and it’ll return to relatively new).

I recommend trying it on at your local shop and going from there. Or a friends.

1 Like

I’m actually on my second Samshield now. I never knew the shell was sized S/M/L - I’ve always just ordered through SmartPak and selected my exact size. I’ll have to look at my helmet tomorrow.

Great! Thanks! One Marcus Ewing bridle w reins and two Equiline saddle pads later… free shipping!!

3 Likes

Yes! I bought a couple on sale show shirts and they cam immediately

Eric Lamaze just shared that he is sponsored by them - you can use the code TEAM-FUNDIS-21 for 10% off until April 10th, per his post.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried and had success with this code? I have not had any luck using it.

Nope, I also can’t get it to work.

SmartPak just puts the liner inside of the shell.

Right - so I’ve never had to think about whether I’m ordering a small, medium, or large shell.

Benefit to purchasing in person - although I bought my first one in person and they never told me this (at LA Saddlery, no less!).

Fast forward several years later and I upgraded to the Miss Shield. I learned about liners and the fact that my size liner (7 1/8) can fit in both the M and L shells.

I think most helmets these days are like this. I also have a KEP and bought the liner and shell separately (but together, if that makes sense).

I go with the Medium shell for my 7 1/8 liner! I opted to actually get a 7 1/4 liner with this one because 1) they also are cheaper on the fundis website versus American sites and 1) I have two different miss shields and I like the 7 1/4 for putting my hair up when I show. So, I can just switch the liners into the helmet for a show and then my smaller liner back in for every day riding where I wear my hair down.

Just a note that the return policy is not great - I ordered $100+ half chaps that don’t fit (they don’t match the provided size chart), and Fundis does not want to take a return for anything under $250.

That’s par for the course for most European sites. You can probably resell them her and get back what you paid and then some.

1 Like