Unlimited access >

It's National Answer Your Cats' Questions Day

My goodness, looking back to your prior post that is your kitty and a chipmunk. But this picture makes kitty look like a black tiger with I don’t even know what!!!

3 Likes

I wondered about the “mystery prey” too. So … a chipmunk?

oh no, thats her bff, my Beagle
The black spot next to where she’s biting are the black marks in front of Beagies ears.
Beagle has lots of extra skin, you could fit a second dog inside her pelt in there with her
Both this cat and grandcat are very aware of how to scruff some Beagle in play without hurting her.

Look at my profile image, that’s them the first day the became friends

9 Likes

It’s Gordon!! Looking handsome as always. Thanks for the pic!

1 Like

My girl, Sassy.
“Hey! I’m trying to take my sunbath in private here. Close the door on your way out.”

8 Likes

Looks like it was love at first sight. Both so cute!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Gordon has JUST started using his heated cat pad --I put it where he usually lies in the mow and he managed to avoid touching it for a month --then yesterday, I saw him quite happily lying on it! Yeah!

7 Likes

(Wheata) “why can’t I drink out of that glass of water on the table?” - because you have a cat fountain in addition to a regular water bowl and I don’t want your tongue in my drinking water.

(gemma) “Why can’t I go in the closet?” - well I don’t want your cat hair all over my clothes and last time you got in there, you burrowed so deep under the shelves that no one knew you were in there and you were trapped for a day and peed on my clothes.

(Wheata) “Why can’t I eat plastic?” - because vet bills are expensive

(Wheata) “Why can’t I eat that ribbon?” - see above

(Wheata) “Why can’t I go into the bathroom with you when you take a shower?” - Because you get sudden onset temporary claustrophobia and beg to be let out about 2 minutes in. I’m not walking across the bathroom dripping wet & nude to let you out.

(Milo) “Why can’t I sleep on top of Wheatabix?” well he’s got some pretty bad arthritis, and you are 22 lbs, so it understandably hurts him when you try to sleep on him. He gets grumpy and swats you since you ignore his other cues to leave, then you run away which normally ends in me getting scratched.

(Milo) “Why can’t I go outside and play with Daisy and the other outdoor cats?” Remember when you snuck out and spent the night outside? I found you the next morning huddled on the doormat between daisy & mouse and crying like the dickens! You sprinted back into the house and hid under a warm blanket for the rest of the day. I had to treat you for fleas and worms and you hated it. Yeah - you are an indoor cat bud.

I’m clearly a terrible owner with all of my draconian rules!

14 Likes

Aww, that’s so sweet. And a relief to know he’s cozy warm now. My kitty was a street cat, then in the shelter. She is the least trusting about any new thing, so I totally understand Gordon’s hesitance.

2 Likes

i’m pretty sure all mine would be related to how I simply starve them to death. And why everything.
Or a big ol’ lecture.

4 Likes

My one Boy is "Why can’t I put my front paws on your laptop as you work? " (Well, I can not work when you do that and thank you very much for sending an email for me with no content.) I now use a 12 in by 6 in kitchen cabinet wire shelf turned sidewise as a barrier on one side where he lays, but his paw can fit through, My family laughs at me.

6 Likes

My cat and I both love our new Linux pet steps that just arrived from Amazon. Setup was easy, and the steps are both strong and lightweight. But we are both wondering why the person who applied the UP sticker did not include an arrow to show which way’s up.

6 Likes

I ordered some steps that I’m not happy with. Is there any chance you could post a picture of your steps next to a bed so we could get an idea of the size/bulk? If that’s too much trouble, not a problem.
:wink:

1 Like

No trouble at all. I will post a pic just as soon as I can get up out from under the cat! :smile_cat:

1 Like

ZINUS Foam 13 Inch 2-Step Step Pet Stairs / Pet Ramp for Cats and Dogs, Extra Small, Beige

Ours is the Extra Small set. We also have the larger, 4-step, set by the bed.

2 Likes

Sorry. Here is the actual link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Q46PD1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

Do the steps get used? Um, asking for a friend who buys her cats things they refuse to use for the intended purpose. Also pricy cat food and treats and toys…

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Do you find the 4-step by the bed extremely bulky for the space? My main bedroom isn’t huge so trying not to take up a huge amount of room.

My cat can get on the sofa with no problem. She’s still getting on the bed okay also, but when she gets down, she really hits with a thud. She is getting older, and I’d rather not have her jar her joints so much.

Thanks again for the photo and link!

1 Like

Yes, Velvet uses the steps regularly. She is 19 and uses them to get up onto the bed and down again, also for the sofa and our recliner.

They’re foam, so while they’re sturdy they’re also softer than some of the hard sets I’ve seen online.

1 Like

The 4-step does take up some room. My bedroom is small too, and the double bed is right in the middle of it. And actually I took off the top step, but it’s the length of the bottom step (which is the base of the “staircase”) that sticks out into the room.

According to Amazon, the bottom step is 28" long.

I have the steps by the side of the bed, down near the foot. They do stick out a bit into the room, and I have to remember they’re there when I get up in the morning, but again, they’re soft, and they’re also sturdy enough that I don’t knock them over.

1 Like