Unlimited access >

Jellybean update - not good

I’m so sad to see this. I had hopes that he would improve. I’m still pulling for him and for you, too.

100 ml is better than 0 ml of fluids. You can only do what you can. I am sending you both hugs and hoping for the best. .

(funny - I was thinking about you and the Bean last night and wondering how it was going.)

1 Like

Thanks. How are you and Ollie doing?

I’m so sorry - hugs and jingles for both you and Jellybean.

1 Like

Thanks. He ate a little a/d with hot water mixed in. He was screaming for food but the amount he ate sure didn’t match the tenacity of the face pawing and screams.

1 Like

try some baby food. that usually seems to help when kitties arent feeling well

1 Like

Hartz delectables squeeze up - tube of puree - Tuna & Shrimp is best here but Tuna is good too for my elderly feline friends ~

Jingles & AO for a comfortable long weekend with your precious & handsome

JELLYBEAN

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that Jellybean isn’t doing well. I was hoping that no news was good news. I really hope he’ll perk up tonight or tomorrow so you can have a good weekend with him. It’s so hard to see them not feeling well and when it happens gradually (or when it’s up and down) it can be hard to tell when it’s the right time.

Sending love and all good thoughts to you and sweet Jellybean. I hope you can have more time together.

1 Like

@ravenclaw, that’s the problem, I think it’s time and start steeling myself and then he will perk up a little and eat a little better.

This morning he ate most of his a/d and drank some tuna water. Granted, I had to take it to him so he’d eat on the bed but that’s okay. I guess it’s tastier and a nice soft bed is more comfy than the kitchen floor.

Thanks @Zu_Zu. I think I tried something in a tube but it’s been awhile. I’ll pick some up tomorrow and try some baby food as well.

1 Like

@rubygirl1968 - thinking of you and Jellybean today. Jingles and virtual hugs to you both.

@Alex_and_Bodie_s_Mom, I think I screwed up big time.

I mixed up some a/d and warm water for him this morning and he lapped it once and that was it. I gave him his meds and wound up feeding it to him by hand.

I’d smear it on my fingers and he ate most of it. Ever since then he’s been hanging out by himself and now he’s under the bed. I gave him his nightly dose of zofran just before he went under there, thank goodness.

So, now the vets office is closed and will be closed tomorrow. I don’t want to take him to the emergency vet but I will if I have to.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have made the call last week.

Slow down - breathe - it’s natural to second guess and feel trapped during a holiday weekend. Please ‘just be’ with Jellybean and comfort one another. Maintain your routine as best you can ~ peace & quiet & love ~

Jingles & AO for both of you ~

Stay in the present and trust yourself ~ you will know what and where and how when Jellybean needs you to know ~ ((hugs))

You’ve been a wonderful owner to Mr. Jellybean and he knows you will continue to take the very best care of him ~ we all know that ! Just be with him; he needs you to not be frightened - be brave for Jellybean ~ cherish your time together - this evening and onward ~

5 Likes

@Zu_Zu, thanks.

Right now he’s under the bed out of reach unless I take the mattress off so I’m just going to leave him alone for now. I think he went under there because I gave him the pill and brought food in and he obviously doesn’t feel good.

I’ll keep on deep breathing and checking on him. Thanks again.

1 Like

Periodically - just sit by the bed on the floor so he knows where you are and talk to him a bit.
Does he have an article of clothing that has your scent to snuggle in while under the bed ? Gently push a tee shirt under there -

and in order to help Jellybean YOU
must take care of yourself and take some frequent breaks … be smart & be kind to both of you during this weekend ~

We’re all here to listen and ‘shore’ you two up !

7 Likes

No, you didn’t screw up. You did the best you knew to do at the time. We always second guess ourselves, but in the end, we can only do the best we can.

Nigel hid under the bed a lot when he was sick. I had to wait him out. Jellybean may just need some alone time right now. He ate. He had his meds. He knows you love him. That may be the best you can do for him, for now.

Also, everything @Zu_Zu said. Times 100.

5 Likes

Agree that you didn’t screw up. We do the best we can with the information and experience and gut feelings we have, and we make the best decisions we can at the time. That’s all we can do and all we can ask of ourselves.

Please try to be kind to yourself and I hope you can get some rest tonight and find a little bit of peace. Maybe Jellybean will come out tonight or in the morning. (((((Hugs))))) to you and trying to send the heart emoji too. :heart:

2 Likes

Another vote for you didn’t screw up. You are doing the best you can with what you know. You’re only human. Agree with @ZuZu - just leave him be and come in and let him know you love him.

Hugs and strength to you. I will be thinking of you both and sending pawsitive energy.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone.

He came out last night and laid on my chest for a few minutes. He’s on top of the bed again and not under it.

I tried feeding him off my finger but he wasn’t interested so he got his meds and I left the food in there.

He’s only eaten a tablespoon of food since yesterday morning. Sad, considering that cat used to love to eat.

1 Like

Jingles & AO for you two to have a comfortable day ~

• if the meds are causing a sour stomach he will not eat til that settles a bit - try again later - warm the food to bring up the smell to entice his appetite perhaps *

Take care of yourselves today ~ you two are in the Z gang’s thoughts and prayers ~

4 Likes

Do you think this is small cell lymphoma? Because if this is I would push fluids or even do subcutaneous fluids and start chlorambucil in addition to the prednisolone.

I don’t know. He started vomiting a d x-rays showed thickened intestines so we started him on prednisolone.

They won’t give chlorambucil without more diagnostics and I didn’t want to put him through an ultrasound and a biopsy at 15.

I know some people have had wonderful luck with it for their pets but I know others that haven’t.