Unlimited access >

Jellybean update - not good

Thanks @Zu_Zu

I found a vet that is open today for in home euthanasia. She will be here in a little bit. I’ve dug his grave and loved on him all he wants. Luckily he was a very cuddly cat when he was well because he just wants to be left alone now.

I fed horses this morning and when I got back he started howling off and on. I’m very grateful I found someone to come out today.

5 Likes

I hope you find peace and love today and live with the happiness a good kitty brings to your heart, always.

6 Likes

I’m sorry. Beautiful kitty. Peace to you. It’s the right thing to do and you’re being brave for him.

4 Likes

“How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” Winnie The Pooh

RIP ~ Handsome JELLYBEAN ~ knowing you will always be loved and remembered ~

((hugs)) rubygirl1968 ((hugs)) laced with strength and comfort and understanding ~

7 Likes

oh I am so sorry. You did your best and continue to do your best. He was lucky to have you and you him. You are giving him the respectful peaceful end he deserves. (((((Hugs))))). I am thinking of you.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. He had a long and wonderful life.

3 Likes

Thank you all. It’s done. He’s gone and in his resting place.

He was already checking out when the vet got here, I think. He was almost gone after the sedative. It was very peaceful and I’m glad he’s not suffering any more.

I wish they lived longer but a healthy longer.

I’m going to miss my fat little jelly belly.

10 Likes

{{{{rubygirl1968}}}}

Susan

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Oh, I’m so very sorry. It’s always so sad and hard. You were the best, most loving mom and you gave him a wonderful life. Memorial Day will have new meaning for you now. Wishing you peace and in time you will have comfort from all the good years and memories of your sweet Jellybean.

3 Likes

:cry:

1 Like

I am so sorry - I know it’s not the outcome any of us wanted,. Or ever want. You were the best kitty mum and he knew it, and you did all you could for him. He knew that, too.

Hugs and jingles to you.

3 Likes

RIP JellyBean.

Strength to you rubygirl.

2 Likes

So deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved Jellybean. I hope your dear memories ease your grief. Hugs to you.

1 Like

RIP sweet Jellybean - sending virtual hugs to you and surely hope your happy memories will help to fill the hole in your heart.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the support. It means so much.

I’m trying not to second guess myself today. Why didn’t I push more fluids, why didn’t I do this or that??

Sigh… it will pass. Thank goodness the intensity fades with time.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your Jellybean. We just went through the same thing with our 19 y.o. I am regretting not doing it sooner, as our cat was so fragile the sedation given before she was put down ended her life. I miss our cat terribly, and clearly there is no perfect time to make the decision to end a beloved pet’s life. Yes; thank goodness the intensity fades with time.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. You’re right, it’s the hardest decision and so hard to know when the right time is.

19… what an incredibly long life with you. You obviously did many things right for them.

I know we did the very best we could with the information and observations we had at the time.

Many hugs for you and wishes for peace with our decisions. (((Clint)))

3 Likes

I have not posted prior to this, but have been following.

Peace to Jellybean. Peace to you.

So sorry.

1 Like

Looking in on you rubygirl1968 ~ sending along some ((hugs)) laced with peace and comfort ~

1 Like