Unlimited access >

Jill Burnell - Gray Fox Farm (CA) update

Please click on link to read story. I was asked to remove the copy/paste of the words in the article. Sorry!

[edit]

For the love of all things holy.:no:

I can only hope that bringing attention to this case again will bury Jill Burnell. I had forgotten the horrifying images of emaciated horses lying in the mud. Maybe the pictures taken inside her house can be shared again.:mad:

Burnell’s attorney has no shame - supposedly a horse person as well. Emaciated pregnant mares, fighting stallions inter-tangled in the mud :no:

I hope Burnell is insane - otherwise she truly in a horrid creature - her puppy mill needs to be permanently shut down.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?365564-Jill-Burnell-Gray-Fox-Farms-FACTS-THREAD/page14
starting on post 265

dressagecat, there is a legitimate well regarded farm that uses the “grey farm” spelling, as opposed to the farm in California that has become very poorly regarded that using the spelling “gray fox.” Please change your topic to the correct spelling, which is “Gray Farm.” That way people will not be googling with the wrong spelling and thinking the above board farm is the one that you are referring to via your link.

Home again, I feel so bad for ‘grey’ fox farm. I think I would strongly be considering a name change :confused:

[QUOTE=Home Again Farm;7940825]
dressagecat, there is a legitimate well regarded farm that uses the “grey farm” spelling, as opposed to the farm in California that has become very poorly regarded that using the spelling “gray fox.” Please change your topic to the correct spelling, which is “Gray Farm.” That way people will not be googling with the wrong spelling and thinking the above board farm is the one that you are referring to via your link.[/QUOTE]
I was just coming here to say the same thing.

Hopefully people understand that these are two totally unrelated farms. Jill Burnell’s Gray Fox Farm is a California breeding operation with a long and sad history. Grey Fox Farm is a Florida and Virginia based eventing barn, that has been training and producing top quality event horses for over 20 years.

The complaint states the defendants acted to destroy Burnell’s breeding business while interfering with the Burnells’ rights by engaging in various activities including: seizing livestock from the Burnell property; impairing the health, breeding value and capacity of plaintiffs’ breeding livestock; making false and derogatory statements with reckless disregard for their truth; using the pretext of an animal abuse investigation to raise money; and testifying falsely in administrative, criminal and civil proceedings.

Maybe it would be helpful if the Marin Humane Society had a petition with names of people that have been negatively affected by her business practices and/or have seen or had animals effected by her practices. I believe there is space for comments. http://www.change.org/en-CA/petition

I am so disgusted about what this Lady did to Radieschen whom I knew back here - is there a way I can send Human Society Marine Money via Paypal that should be used for defending ? It will not be much, but I guess every penny counts …

[QUOTE=alexandra;7941116]
I am so disgusted about what this Lady did to Radieschen whom I knew back here - is there a way I can send Human Society Marine Money via Paypal that should be used for defending ? It will not be much, but I guess every penny counts …[/QUOTE]

Lady??? she is nothing close to a “lady”!!!

Was copied from shared site. I made the farm name change as requested

They are requesting a trial by jury. Really? Show a non-horse person those pictures and see if they don’t think the seizure was warranted. Is there any way that, when Jill loses, she can be made to pay the attorney fees for those she is suing.

[QUOTE=dressagecat;7941438]
Was copied from shared site. I made the farm name change as requested[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should point it out to the people on that site too.

What they really need to show is the “LAB” she had in her house for processing the semen she shipped to states all over the US and Canada. Red Wine is EVA positive - and with that disgusting setting it certainly didn’t follow protocol. I contacted the State Veterinarian in California when this broke and requested that she or some of her staff research this situation. To my knowledge they never did.
And honestly $15 million - are they kidding? I hope the Judge throws the case out - it’s insulting to the court.

Thank you for pointing out there’s a Grey Fox Farm that has nothing to do with this Gray Fox mess. I can not believe the court was apparently bargaining with this woman and dropped 11 charges in exchange for one measly guilty plea.
Un-be-lie-vable. We will never know what these poor things have been going through month after month.
I don’t know if there are more and more abuse cases nowadays or if the individual cases just get more coverage but I’m sick of it and which these people would all just stay away from horses altogether :frowning:

I also hate that the bargaining happened. That’s a lot of charges to drop…

It’s a sad reality in our legal system that horses are considered “property” by many courts. So the concept of them being living breathing animals falls by the wayside.

[QUOTE=Joanne;7941512]
They are requesting a trial by jury. Really? Show a non-horse person those pictures and see if they don’t think the seizure was warranted. Is there any way that, when Jill loses, she can be made to pay the attorney fees for those she is suing.[/QUOTE]
Don’t be so sure. I was blasted on the Off Course forum after bringing up an abuse trial where the defendant got off not guilty. This was a jury trial where a video was shown of the downed horse still tied to a 4-wheeler, and I was told the video showed the horse’s injuries. Seems this asshat (yes wheresmywhite, I STILL stand by that description) is acquainted with John Walsh, of America’s Most Wanted fame, and he was a character witness for the guy. Apparently the jury was quite impressed. So, you never know what twists and turns may happen!:mad: