Unlimited access >

Jingles needed for Daisy

While we were out of town over the weekend my cat sitter noticed that “balcony cat” Daisy was limping. For those who remember, Daisy was one of the mama cats from the summer of kittens.

When we bought this house we discovered there was a herd of feral / dumped cats, and Daisy and another cat were ready to pop with kittens. With the help of a rescue (since our municipal shelter won’t do a thing) I turned my garage into a cat maternity ward for these moms and their litters of 4 babies each. Eventually all babies got fixed and adopted, and the mamas and the other outdoor cats got TNRd. I unwittingly became a manager of a cat colony haha.

I grew attached to Daisy and wanted to keep her, but DH put my indoor cat limit at 4. Plus Daisy was used to her outdoor cat living ways with hunting and tree climbing. Over the years, she’s become my unofficial outdoor cat. She’s learned that if she climbs up to the balcony I’ll give her treats. I eventually made her a cabana out there and gave her a safe space from rain and other cats.

Something happened to poor girl while I was gone as she is 3-legged lame. I don’t know if it’s a hip or leg issue, but she can’t sit normally or let it touch the ground. I brought her in, and am trying to get her into a vet today.!

IMG_7254|video

25 Likes

Jingles for sweet Daisy :heart:

1 Like

Jingles for Daisy. She was such a sweet mama too. And speak up if you need a dribble or two.

Jingles for Daisy.

Jingles for sweet Daisy. She’s so pretty.

Jingling like crazy for dear sweet Daisy :blossom:

Poor Daisy! I hope she feels better soon!

Poor sweet daisy! Hope her prognosis is good. And she gets to live in the house while she’s recovering.

JIngles for Daisy!

Jingles for sweet little Daisy. Maybe this is the way into the house?

1 Like

Ohh boy the power of COTH jingles is real! I was having a hard time getting her into a vet, when my regular vet called with a miraculous 2pm cancellation and I was able to rush her over.

She was scared but a perfect lady at the vet. She was sedated for X-rays and….

No breaks!! I had worst-case scenarios in my mind and it looks like she just has a bad sprain. We are a little concerned about the about of poo she has in her rectum, it hurts to squat so she might need some help with that if she doesn’t pass it in a day.

I have some onsior for 3 days, and we will keep her inside until she starts to look better. I’m so glad it is not a terrible break that would have required surgery. Good job coth kitty aunties!!!

29 Likes

Too late for the original Jingles, but I’m glad nothing broke.
I’ll add :chains::chains::chains: for sweet Daisy to heal & maybe DH will relent.
But only if Daisy agrees In is better than Out :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Too late for jingles, but what a pretty girl! Also, love your balcony!

I am jingling for a quick and easy recovery.

1 Like

Poor Daisy! I hope she feels better soon!

Did the vet check her leg for a cat bite? Teddy, the cat I just lost to heart failure, came in three-legged lame one day and the vet found a very small bite that was on its way to getting infected.

I never would have found it on my own, but my vet said that’s always the first thing she checks on cats that come up lame.

4 Likes

I second what @chestnutmarebeware said above.

I recently rushed one of my barn cats into the vet with a dangling leg. I assumed the cat must have been hit by a car.
Sedated the poor thing (for X-rays) and the only thing we could find wrong was an implanted thorn/nail (animal) that was not currently looking infected but the vet thinks it was brewing and probably hurt.
A course of antibiotics and pain meds for just a couple of days and that darn thing was back to crazy parkour kitty things.

3 Likes

So glad to hear Daisy has no breaks.

Still sending positive thoughts for easy bowel movements.

1 Like

Lucky girl! Hope she likes her indoor time.

He said he palpated her when we was sedated. Nothing was shaved or anything, so I suppose a tiny puncture could be missed? No heat on anything, she was letting me touch it last night.

1 Like

So daisy got automatically upgraded from the spare bathroom since FIL is staying with us for a week. She is now in our bedroom. She wanted some cuddles, but politely let me know when she had enough and scooted away on the bed but loved the soft blankets.

She’s definitely feeling the drugs- I don’t think eyes can get much bigger!

look-alike Puss n Boots image

Eventually she did jump down and investigated under the bed. We had an uneventful night, even when Milo and Wheata demanded to come in.

21 Likes