Unlimited access >

Jumper Conspiracy?

This came across my newsfeed on Facebook. You need a coffee and a chunk of time to get through it, as it is a long read.
https://www.huntingtonfarm.org/dropping-the-bomb

The author basically points the finger at George Morris for inciting a movement against her for the last 20 years. The page about her ID stallion Cradilo is interesting too.

All I can think is I hope she has a good lawyer and lots of proof… pretty defamatory.

I refuse to read all that … pile of words.

Sorry.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but that is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read (though entertaining). She is claiming that because she once refused to wear spurs while riding with GM’s assistant trainer, he has spent 20 years personally blackballing her from FL to NY to CA to Chicago and to the Midwest… including bribing a legal judge and rigging the Maclay Finals.

The common denominator in her lengthy tale of legal troubles, loss of friendship, horses and clients- is her, not GM lurking in the bushes like an evil, cartoon villain.

37 Likes

Didn’t really read it but I liked this line:

“I had to answer in a duel for my professional life”

On its face the idea that any one of these trainers would cry over losing a client with 2 horses, only training on a temporary basis, solely because she refused to wear a dummy spur on her horses, is so ludicrous as to make the rest of it entirely not worth reading.

6 Likes

She is, or was, a journalist? :uhoh::concern:

11 Likes

Isn’t one of the prime rules of journalism not to bury the lead?! I’m 10 paragraphs in and she’s still throat clearing. Get to the point!

19 Likes

Nobody said she was a GOOD journalist…

22 Likes

I think I only made it through all of that because I’ve got a very large glass of moscato sitting next to me.

22 Likes

Just watch the video, I understand this is the author of that novel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqLKF4VwNC8

It will maybe help to put stuff in perspective

9 Likes

I skimmed most of it. It smacks of delusion and I’m not sure the writer is 100% there, faculties-wise

8 Likes

I couldn’t finish it. There seems to be a plethora of “journalists” who can’t write, as shown by this and by the “shut up!” thread in Eventing. This writer sounds unhinged.

11 Likes

I remain bemused that anyone’s best, and most concrete conclusion is “conspiracy theory!” when presented with what this article asserts as a body of evidence.

Occam’s razor might be a worthwhile concept to subscribe to, especially in this case.

3 Likes

TL; DR. Needs an editor.

6 Likes

Wow. That video, though.

11 Likes

Now, now, don’t you know that video was a conspiracy? George Morris was obviously hiding on the backside of the jump and made him jump out of the ring.

6 Likes

I was not expecting that. I was watching and thinking “look, it’s not textbook but she’s getting the job done… what could possibly go wrong…” until the end. I have to say, he was remarkably calm for ending up in the tent and the stallion owner (at the time I guess) shows some some appropriate humility about what happened. I’d win most hunter classes if they only judged 7/8 fences :wink: been there (though not, IN THE TENT been there).

19 Likes

Tinfoil hattery for sure.
There is bad luck, and there are those who bring negativity upon themselves. I think it is safe to say we are not getting the entire story. :rolleyes:

4 Likes

What in the name is this…all I can see is “Woe is me. Woe is me.”

Yup, because evvvverrything that went wrong in your life has nothing to do your attitude and plain circumstances.

7 Likes

Oh man, she’s sort of local. Well, now I know who NOT to buy Irish horses from in the future. :lol: Conspiracy people give me the heebie jeebies.

10 Likes

I am quite sure if you asked GM or CK who Amy Hunter is, they’d probably say “Who?” Does she really think that GM has time to do all this to one person who refused to wear spurs? Is this girl related to that Blonde Jumper girl who posted here with her own woe is me tales? They are both from Wisconsin and claim to be mistreated by the horse world, and of course both are incredibly innocent in all the things.

7 Likes