Unlimited access >

Keeneland Breeding sale

But on whose behalf was he bidding? Nice commission

He has a farm (Brookdale) and breeds, so it could well be for himself.

Partnership maybeā€¦how many breedings does that 2.5% include? And is it transferable / salable?

Four Graces 2.3M

Iā€™d love to see the contract but I doubt we will. Maybe someone here knows, but itā€™s not me.

Stunning Quality Road colt 700K hammer.

His dam, carrying a full to him, 900K hammer

A lot of these mares look like they just want to go back in their field.

1 Like

Midnight Bisou in foal to Tapit to 5.5M

1 Like

Midnight Bisou in foal to Tapit 5.5M

Posted at the same time :laughing:

1 Like

We do that a lot, donā€™t we? :grin:

1 Like

Midnight Bisou going to Japan.

Fred Seitzā€™s son, also named Fred, signed the ticket for an undisclosed buyer.

Interesting! I wonder who it could be. I was expecting Godolphin to be offering a fortune for the whole horse, as they did with MDO etcā€¦ doubt theyā€™d be satisfied with a small share though.

They have also purchased a couple horses from todays sale.

2 Likes

She looks worth every penny in that picture.

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually really sad to see her go to Japan. Canā€™t believe Bloom sold her.

A lot of great mares went off to Japan this week.

And good for them buying into such quality. Whatā€™s the difference between that and US breeders buying at Tattersalls to ship over here?

1 Like

Japanese breeders value our bloodstock and were willing to pay more for her, and the other mares they bought, than U.S. or European breeders were.

Breeders buy mares that they think will fit with their breeding programs. Japanese breeders have been buying quality U.S. mares for many years now and have become very successful in breeding world class racehorses. Iā€™d think that Midnight Bisouā€™s pedigree would be welcome anywhere.

Japan has a lot of the Sunday Silence line over there and Midnight Bisouā€™s sire and dam have no breeding in common with Sunday Silence. Perhaps that was one of the reasons they wanted her more.

Lovely Gun Runner weanling 425K.