Unlimited access >

Kentucky Derby 2022

Absolutely stunning, lol. Keen Ice gets a Derby winner! Claimer to Derby winner.

1 Like

Unbelievable finish by Rich Strike.
Who still had enough spunk after winning the KD, to keep biting at the pony & pony rider.
Congratulations to all the connections.

5 Likes

Maybe that pony taunted him before the race. :rofl:

7 Likes

That guy best be fired immediately
I’ve never seen something as abusive as that by the outrider
Horse’s mouth gonna be bruised for weeks

6 Likes

Why? Would you rather he just keep letting Rich Strike bite/savage his pony :woman_facepalming:t2:

28 Likes

No but repeated punches to the horses face and the constant yanking even when he had backed off were over the top imo.

6 Likes

He should have LET GO of the horse

15 Likes

Horse was being an ass, attacking the pony horse and trying to run off. Outrider was almost unseated and had a “come to Jesus” meeting with the horse.

26 Likes

Rich Strike had the pony horse’s rein in his mouth a couple of times.

12 Likes

Ok PETA :woman_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

Sonofabitch!!! Did you see that?!! Talk about ‘meant to be’. I love these kinds of stories

5 Likes

I have no problem with a come to Jesus moment but that was over the top for the behavior and it’s not his horse to train

6 Likes

I mean but no, he really should have just let him go. Clearly Donna wasn’t going to be able to ride up and interview him.

I feel so bad for Epicenter and Joel so that was a disappointing finish but amazing at the same time.

4 Likes

It looked like he almost got the pony rider’s arm a few times. The pony horse almost went over, too. Sometimes you need to use tough measures.

19 Likes

What? And let him run off and possibly injure another horse, person, or himself?

24 Likes

But the outrider kept snatching at HIS OWN horse, not the horse doing the biting!

4 Likes

Usually I put the TV on pause for 1-2 hours earlier in the day, which allows me the luxury of skipping through ads and all of the celebrity ass-kissing. I may end up a minute or two behind actual time when the gates open, but it works. I wasn’t home this time to prepare, though.

In 2018 a good friend texted me the Belmont results as I was watching the horses break from the gate. Fortunately he lives several states away, because I was positively homicidal.

2 Likes

Yep. At one point the pony rider let out the lead, so RS was further away & he (RS) went after the pony riders leg.

He was quite rank at that point & being let loose was NOT the best option.

23 Likes

Eh, he probably would have been fine galloping back, it’s what they do in any other race.

6 Likes

Well, I imagine it’s difficult to control an amped up racehorse, irritated pony horse, and keep your seat at the same time. I’m not going to fault the guy cause I sure couldn’t have done better.

27 Likes