Unlimited access >

Kentucky Three Day Event 2024

Sharon having a lovely test!

3 Likes

She was entered for Burghley in 2022, but withdrew.

“Similarly, the other British team members for Pratoni, Ros Canter riding Lordships Graffalo, Tom McEwen riding Toledo De Kerser and Yasmin Ingham riding Banzai Du Loir have also withdrawn but we should get to see Ros competing on Pencos Crown Jewel and Tom on CHF Cooliser.”

1 Like

Thanks! I am in!

2 Likes

was the footing bad that year, or was it suffering from Covid weariness?

I loved watching Zach Brand’s test on Direct Advance - he was clearly having to manage the horse’s energy and tension and stayed so calm and quiet, even through some rearing in the reinback.

4 Likes

Went to Pratoni the next week and Won the World Championship :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

yeah, I know but I meant since they all wthdrew I guess they were already all qualified. I know UK has so many top riders.

Phelps is such a cutie. Lovely test!

7 Likes

I missed it, hoping for a replay somewhere!

My big bay crush is about to canter down the centerline. I love a TB with a good story.

1 Like

Does Barnaby look uneven to you? Looks like she was just rung out.

4 Likes

how sad!

1 Like

I was wondering that myself, watching without sound at work. Can someone confirm?

Why would they discuss trot ups for the jumping phases? He’s out.

Yes, very sad :pensive: What an incredible partnership this has been!

I wasn’t paying enough attention. Kudos for acting if they saw something, but so unfortunate for Lillian and Barnaby. They’re one of my favorites.

2 Likes

At Kentucky the commentators confirmed she was rung out because the judge felt he wasn’t sound.

3 Likes

This was obviously a good call. Barnaby is getting up there in years and I’m sure they do their best to make him as comfortable as possible in his work – which he clearly enjoys! But age will catch up with every living creature.

3 Likes

Gutting for Lillian and Barnaby, they worked so hard to get here. Tough call for a judge to make. There is one other I was surprised was not rung out - I wonder what made this one different.

A nice test by Ollie, with some bobbles in the beginning and an unasked for tempi in the final diagonal. Too bad you don’t get bonus points for creative expression. :wink:

Looking forward to watching Bug!

6 Likes

Bug had a really nice test. I thought he was retired.

5 Likes

John Kyle’s imitation of Bug was perfect :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Me too, but they did an intermediate and a 4* in March - the Bug is back!!

6 Likes