Unlimited access >

Kitten in Barbed Wire Fence Brigade - Ham Needs Jingles!

Thank God for zoomies! When they feel that good it’s a good sign.

Hope he continues to zoom!

2 Likes

Zoomies is a good sign!

Hope all is well with Hammie!

1 Like

He was active and zooming around this morning - but ate very little last night, and nothing this morning. That’s very unusual - he’s a total chow hound and normally eats his, then steals from everyone else. So I’m still worried, for sure.

1 Like

That is worrying when a normally busy little boy won’t eat. I would want to take him to xray and maybe to OSU. Hopefully he is not being dramatic like my kitty - the way he behaved I thought he was headed OTD.

1 Like

Jingles for Hammie… glad he seems to be doing a little better and hope he continues to improve.

1 Like

He ate better tonight when I got home at 4 - now Nigel is the one not eating again . . . sigh. We’ll see how they eat later. He’s been in my lap sleeping for the past thirty minutes or so. That’s normal. If I’m on the laptop, Hammie is usually asleep in my lap.

1 Like

Good to hear.

Now I wish I had a lap warmer…instead of screen-blocker-keyboard-sitter-barfer-on…sigh…

1 Like

All of your cats are beautiful! Jingles for Ham!

1 Like

Get some Gerber baby food. The plain meat ones. The chicken and ham are favs. Make sure you read the label so no onions or garlic which I think is why Gerber is recommended.

2 Likes

I will try that. :slight_smile:

My ultra elderly cat ate 3 jars immediately. Her eyes lit up like a christmas tree when she licked the first lick.

2 Likes

I hope they are both better this morning. It is so worrisome when they aren’t their normal selves.

1 Like

Saying the Start Eating prayer for both Hammie & Nigel :pray:

Have you changed food recently?
Sorry, have not read much upthread, so if you have not, ignore this.

My 2 went on litter box & hunger strikes after 4yrs of eating whatever was on sale dry kibble & same for litter.
Both were fine within hours of me going back to what was for them the Good Stuff (Tidycat litter, Meow Mix or Kit & Kaboodle dry).

My aged kidney failure cat was not interested in the baby food of any flavor.
But by the time she stopped eating, she was pretty much endstage @ 17yo & after months of (at home) sub-q fluids.

1 Like

How are Nigel and Hammie doing?

I hope better. Jingles***

No, I haven’t changed food lately - they all eat either Friskies, Fancy Feast, or (for Maximus and Tiny) Purina Pro Plan.

Nigel just has to get through the early stages of the antifungal medicine, I think - he was spiking a 103 fever today, so the vet gave him more antibiotics. He ate a bit tonight - not great, but more than he has in the last day or so.

Hammie’s finally back to eating well - goofball. I don’t know what happened to him. He better not do it again, though. Don’t think I can take it!

1 Like

Ham’s back to almost his old self - he gobbled his food tonight, no issues. :slight_smile:

Nigel had to go back to the vet this morning. He had a temp of 103+, and got more antibiotics. He ate a little tonight, which I was glad to see. If he is still picky on Friday, I’ll take him back for an appetite stimulant. They’re both asleep on the bed right now. Poor guys!

5 Likes

Poor you!

3 Likes

Poor little guys.

And I think I know what to get you for Xmas. A set of scrubs. Srsly. The year you have had.

1 Like

Poor Nigel. I hope he feels better soon!

I’m so glad Hammie’s back to normal. He’s used up enough lives, he needs to be a cat with no issues for quite a while now!

2 Likes

I know. And the year’s not over yet . . .