Unlimited access >

Kitten in Barbed Wire Fence Brigade - Ham Needs Jingles!

DEFINITELY! Time for him to grow up and live a quiet, drama-free life. (Though with Ham, I doubt that will ever happen.)

Jingles for ALL !

1 Like

Glad Ham is better, but boy, it never rains but it pours. Hopefully Nigel will join him in the recovery soon. Probably just a cat bug going around, but those are still worrisome, I know.

1 Like

Looking in on you and your pride ~ hoping your world has calmed down ~

1 Like

At least Hammie is back to normal. But if that ever happens again, he’s getting a full brain scan!

Nigel is still struggling. He is hungry; he begs for food, he wants to get in my plate when I’m eating, but when I give him food, he often won’t eat it. Sometimes he will lick at it. He licks gravy off food, but won’t eat the food itself. He did lick/eat a little chicken baby food today, but not nearly enough to make me feel better. He goes back tomorrow for more subQ’s and a checkup. He had a fever again on Friday, so we started him on more antibiotics to help bring it down. He is a very sick kitty. But he wanted out today, so I let him (it was in the high 50s and sunny), and he spent a couple of hours hanging on the porch. That seemed to cheer him up a little.

1 Like

Also, I will sometimes take selfies, if there’s a cat in the photo, so this is Hammie being a Ham-Baby. This photo is actually fake news - I do not spoil my cats. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh, no. Not you. You are so cruel. Treats and hugs and love…ugh.

That is actually an adorable pic of him. He is such a happy little creature.

1 Like

He really is SO happy. He just looks happy, even when he’s asleep. :slight_smile:

Jingles & AO

1 Like

Awww, such a sweet picture!

He sure is a cute little guy. :slight_smile:

More jingles for Mr. Nigel!!

1 Like

:rofl:
Yeah, me neither :smirk:

Glad Hammie is Good again.
Hope Nigel joins him ASAP! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thought I’d share another photo of Hammie - this is him and his ‘big’ brother, Tiny Baby Fiend (Tiny is the tiny one in the photo - he’s about 5lbs!). Ham isn’t a year old yet. 10lbs already. Starting to wonder about that bobcat hybrid theory.

9 Likes

What a handsome boy! They’re twins… color wise, size… no. Lol

Brown tabbies rock!

Is he all good now?

1 Like

As far as I know! He just loves everyone - even the Psycho Demon Cat Mick was washing his face last night! And she hates EVERYONE.

Knock on wood . . .

4 Likes

I love your cat names. Tiny Baby Fiend and Psycho Demon Cat. :rofl:
Mine are just Jack, Duncan, Baler and Ollie. yaaaaawwnn lol

Hammie is so handsome. He and Tiny sure look alike. I’m looking at Hammie’s feet and I think he has some more growing to do - them’s is some big ol’ feet.

2 Likes

Mr. Ham is going to be HUGE ! Be proud of saving his life… well several times I guess.

3 Likes

YES! I really think he’s still growing. Them ears, too. Maybe he’s part Maine Coon?

Sometimes these little strays grow up big. The two kittens I got at 5.5 weeks when their mom was killed by a car are whoppers! Lol

At their second round of shots the vet asked if I was feeding them miracle grow. :joy:

They are now 15 so obviously this was a long time ago but I was surprised how big they got.

3 Likes

Well, about those paws: (that’s his paw against MY hand. My hands are a bit small, but what the fruitbat??)

5 Likes

Oh, not everyone gets a cool name. The outside cats are simply Abigail, Peaches, Sweetums, Intrepid, Baby Girl, and Sonic (who was found behind my local Sonic, hence the name).

Then I have Maximus Imperius (Tiny’s brother, and also a Baby Fiend). When Ham does something REALLY bad, he knows it because all three names are used - Alexander James Hamilton! Then he just stares at me, quirks his tail, and saunters off. He’s actually mad at me right now - he was sitting in the window this morning meowing at the birds in the yard. He clearly wanted me to bring one in the house for him. I told him that would not happen.

3 Likes