Unlimited access >

La Mundial: Horrible Customer Service - refusing to make boots UPDATE post 138

Did anyone else order boots from
La Mundial this spring (at or around Rolex - end of April?)

The company has since decided that they are not obligated to provide a product or refund to it’s customers (from my experience) and I am feeling robbed. Glad that they think they can just steal $750 from customers and claim that it’s my issue with another company not La Mundial because without my knowledge they apparently outsource the production of their boots and that other company declared bankruptcy.

In my opinion if I write a check to La Mundial that means they are the one with the obligation to fulfill my order or issue a refund. To say that I am mad is the understatement of the century.

Just curious how many others out there are dealing with this recent La Mundial issue? Or if you managed to get your money back how did you do it? TIA

UPDATE: spoke with Roberto. Boots should be in the works. Will confirm when they arrive with update.

I am not dealing with it but I have heard through Facebook of a number of people that are. Horrible. I have nothing to say other than it is really crappy and of course they owe you boots.

I’m assuming you have seen this thread?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?242798-Anyone-purchase-La-mundial-boots

wow - did you write a check? or use CC. if CC you could get bank to issue credit and let them take it up w/ company. If they are US based you might be able to get some recourse through the consumer affairs dept where they’re located or Better business bureau. frankly - i’d be so irritated I’d take them to court and hopefully onto Judge Judge etc. Good luck to you, really hope you prevail in your efforts.

FWIW, I bought mine in April and got them right on schedule in June. They fit perfectly and I love them - first pair of boots that’s ever fit me right!

Did you order them through a rep at Rolex? They should be the ones fighting on your behalf. What does the company say happened? They definitely owe you boots - sucks that you can’t use your CC company for leverage.

Wait, so the company that La Mundial outsources the labor to went bankrupt so La Mundial has no product to deliver to multiple (numerous?) customers and they refuse to provide a refund or the product?

Do I have this straight?

If so, WOW.

[QUOTE=lachelle;7756573]
I’m assuming you have seen this thread?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?242798-Anyone-purchase-La-mundial-boots[/QUOTE]
Yes I saw that thread but I am referring to the current issue.

Unfortunately I did write a check. Can’t go the CC route. Never again.

[QUOTE=shmon;7756630]FWIW, I bought mine in April and got them right on schedule in June. They fit perfectly and I love them - first pair of boots that’s ever fit me right!

Did you order them through a rep at Rolex? They should be the ones fighting on your behalf. What does the company say happened? They definitely owe you boots - sucks that you can’t use your CC company for leverage.[/QUOTE]
I purchased 2 pair. One was delivered mostly on time but production of the 2nd pair didn’t begin until the first pair arrived and fit was confirmed - or so I was told. They are now refusing to refund me the money after this company declared bankruptcy.

[QUOTE=french fry;7756652]Wait, so the company that La Mundial outsources the labor to went bankrupt so La Mundial has no product to deliver to multiple (numerous?) customers and they refuse to provide a refund or the product?

Do I have this straight?

If so, WOW.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The La Mundial associate that I spoke too claims that there are 100+ people in my shoes. Which I am not sure how accurate that is but they could make the boots because that is what they initially stated they were going to do. They are not staying they are taking legal action against the other company on clients behalf but can’t/ won’t offer refunds or boots as the other company took the order. For the record my check was made to La Mundial not this other company so I believe it is entirely their responsibility to right this situation for me and any other customer in this situation.

You might want to let the folks at RateMyHorsePro.com know about this…

[QUOTE=californianinkansas;7756773]
You might want to let the folks at RateMyHorsePro.com know about this…[/QUOTE]

Or your state AG.

Wow. I’ve only heard bad experiences about La Mundial, thought someone had claimed they were turning things around, and now this. Insane! I really hope something gets worked out.

This is why I always pay with a credit card on any item of value. I have heard of too many bad experiences with that company even before the bankruptcy to even consider buying from them. What about a complaint to BBB?

[QUOTE=MyGiantPony;7756872]
Or your state AG.[/QUOTE]

And Florida’s, since that’s where their US address is listed.

BBB is a joke. Don’t even waste your time.

[QUOTE=Lucy17;7756993]
And Florida’s, since that’s where their US address is listed.

BBB is a joke. Don’t even waste your time.[/QUOTE]

i got an immediate resolution to my problem when I filed a complaint with BBB. The vendor couldn’t wait to make things right so now I always recommend doing that.

So I am currently dealing with a similar situation with them!!! Apparently the company went bust and then the head of La Mundial left and started a new company, all of this is based out of Ecuador. I had set up multiple appointments for people with them and everybody got theirs and loved them except for one person, whose bots were too short. She went and sent them back to La Mundial through their rep and never got them back. So now this poor person is out 1200 dollars and has no boots! The problem is that it’s been over 90 days and the CC company is giving her a really hard time. SO I tracked down the reps that I worked with… one of which lives in Ecuador. They were hugely sorry, but aside from that they really couldn’t offer any help! I am so upset with this company. I have a pair of boots that I love from them, but I can not express the distaste I have for anyone who knowingly takes money from someone without providing the service or product paid for. The reps were all laid off and given absolutely no information.

[QUOTE=BAC;7757026]
i got an immediate resolution to my problem when I filed a complaint with BBB. The vendor couldn’t wait to make things right so now I always recommend doing that.[/QUOTE]

If a company relies on the BBB to back up their marketing and “legitimacy” or is trying to get listed with the BBB, then yes, they’re going to fall all over themselves to make you happy. General consumer companies fall into that category. You’ve got no legal recourse through the BBB (ie. Get you money back). I worked for a company where the one office in one city had a membership, the other office in the other city did not, we did the same exact business, but the non-member city was treated like the ugly step child when we had an issue. The office in the city with membership, the person making the complaint actually had a harder time. The letters notifying you from each city’s BBB for the same issue were night and day. Sounds like you had success because whatever business uses the BBB “good name” as part of their marketing strategy. Trust me, I used to think the BBB was some high mark of quality until I dealt with them for 7 years in 2 cities. It’s a brilliant racket. Lol Use it to your advantage when you can, but…

La Mundial, with its 100+ backed up orders based out of another country, isn’t going to give a flip about the BBB envelope. I don’t know what company in our business that would - we’re too specialized. Especially a foreign company like LM.

Now, a letter from the Attorney General’s office… Especially since OP got a cleared check to a business that (should be) registered in the state of FL and they’re telling you tough %#*]? That might get someone’s attention, and if your don’t see your money back, you’ll get them one step closer to having problems doing business in FL at least.

Sounds like they’ve got some other issues. Their sub going under and they can’t refund the money because the sub got it doesn’t add up… For one, you’re not going to pay your sub 100% of what you charge & for two, why did they pay the sub up front? Your funds should be available to refund to you. Something else fishy is going on (to say the least). Good luck, OP!

My word of mouth understanding is that la mundials were great but that the people at the top couldn’t see eye to eye on some key issues and everything suffered. Well one top guy was either evicted or left, but now things are starting to run much more smoothly. Hope this is all true I bought a pair in August - will a commitment to have them to me by November. Fingers crossed.

[QUOTE=BITSA;7757238]
My word of mouth understanding is that la mundials were great but that the people at the top couldn’t see eye to eye on some key issues and everything suffered. Well one top guy was either evicted or left, but now things are starting to run much more smoothly. Hope this is all true I bought a pair in August - will a commitment to have them to me by November. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

I hope for your sake that you get them because the company has been truly awful to deal with. They accept no responsibility for taking consumers money and feel no obligation to make things right in this situation. Besides a claim to take legal action (on customer behalf) against the company they outsource to. I didn’t write a check to the other company. I wrote it to La Mundial. It’s their responsibility in my eyes to make this right in a timely fashion.

Actually they offered to make my boots despite their predicament and I was thinking “wow great customer service” they have since taken back that offer and claim that they never offered it. I know of at least 5 other people that ordered when I did (multiple of them ordering more than 1 pair- and receiving nothing).
La Mundial will never have my business again. Especially not if they don’t make this right in some way. At this point a full refund is most appealing!

I have made a complain with the FL Attorney General through their website. I am unsure if it will make a difference but I can hope.

Going by the general cost of custom boots, I think you’d fall within the limits for small claims court. Or, you could try approaching a law firm that does class action suits to see if this would qualify and if they’d take it on a contingent fee basis. Might put the fire under La Mundial to stop punting to the other company. I don’t know if this would be enough to get the AG’s attention. So long as La Mundial isn’t bankrupt, they are the ones you are trying to get the money back from. If the other company is supposed to indemnify them, well, that’s a problem between those 2 companies.

My impression would be that your purchase contract is with La Mundial which means that they are responsible for the product delivered by their subcontractors. If their subcontractors are no longer able to do the work, La Mundial is obligated to find another suitable subcontractor to do the work or to terminate the purchase contract by way of refund. Customers should never be held responsible for subcontractors they had no control in selecting.

I do not get their logic. But I guess there really is no logic to get. They took money and now have hit a road bump that in the big picture will end up costing them money so they are saying screw the customer, we are not taking the hit.
Very sad.