Unlimited access >

Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials 2022

Course is being designed by Derek Di Grazia. Can not wait to see what he does with it. The course is absolutely burnt to a crisp outside the gallop areas. Laura Collet posted on her instagram a sneak peak and the grass is totally yellow everywhere. Going to be such a change to see that.

Entry list - quote a few Americans which may change: https://burghley-horse.co.uk/three-day-event/entries

1 Like

We were at Burghley in 2018 and they were in a drought then also. Outside of the course was rock hard but the course itself was in very good condition/

2 Likes

I am going! My husband and I are going to celebrate my 40th birthday! We can’t wait.

6 Likes

omg jealous!!! Have the best time!

They were talking about it on the Eventing Podcast and they have been watering it all year and I guess the course is fully roped off all year too. Footing should be great.

Excited to see Woods Baughman, who grew up riding with my instructor, tackle this! Just glad I’m not his mom though, nerve wracking!

4 Likes

Travel as light as possible. Everything you can possibly think of will be available to buy on site. Many people go to shop and never watch a horse.

1 Like

Sooo true! The year I went it was the wettest summer in 100 years - tons of mud in the trade fair. My sister and I bought wellies and they were so comfy, we wore them the whole weekend (luckily it didn’t pour the entire time!).

I also bought an awesome rain hat, Man From Snowy River style. Still have it and love it 14 years later :grin:

1 Like

Will they be live-streaming it?

Yes but you need BurghleyTV. The course walk has been posted and the course looks AMAZING. Derek has worked his magic I think.

I just subscribed yesterday and its $30 CND for me. I’m eventing this weekend so I can at least watch back with this.

Yes, I got on the site and saw that – I seem to remember I signed up for that last year? How do I find out? Try to login?

Some Burghley tasters here;

1 Like

Incredible test from Piggy and Megan with Palm Crescent!

1 Like

The UK Worlds team is running through their tests in the main arena with Carl Hester commenting. WOW

1 Like
1 Like

Palmer must have been hard at work this year with his dressage! Sub 30 for him & Meghan O’Donoghue :clap:t2:

6 Likes

I am so spoiled with the free livestreams, trying to convince myself to pony up the cash for the livestream. :face_vomiting: It’s a tradition for SO and I to hook up the BIG screen TV and watch XC day. Will replays be anywhere or limited to behind subscription paywall?

I finally had time this AM to sit down and look at the fences and course. Wowza. I really love DdG and dread the day he retires. He always uses terrain SO well. Curious to see how the “showjumpy” fences before the Cottesmore Leap run.

I showed SO the Parasol table and he (jokingly) said “Wow, course designing has gone so crazy we’re jumping spectator picnics now.” :laughing:

The Boodles fence is cute is heck. And the fence I most want to ride of this year’s Burghley goes to the Slate Mine - that looks like such a cool fence.

1 Like

The coverage is worth it. It was $30 CND for me. There is so much content and it is QUALITY. The brits running through their tests with Carls commentary alone was worth it haha

2 Likes

The videos stay behind the paywall, the subscription allows for a full year’s access, along with lots of old stuff.

1 Like