Unlimited access >

Landrover Kentucky 2023

Has there been any release of entries? I went to the website and it still has pretty much all 2022 information. Overall their website is pretty lackluster. I can’t find any update on how the live streaming is going to be handled with the transition of usef network to clipmyhorse (which was such an awful decision) and if they’ll still have the discount codes.

Feels like we’re pretty close and they should have entries announced so I may have missed it.

3 Likes

“Landover”?

Ha fixed. Thank you, typing on my phone

3 Likes

Closing date for entries is next week so I imagine we’ll have the list then.

At least you did better than i do typing on my phone! Almost every time i try to LIKE a post my finger misses the heart and hits the flag instead. Thank goodness COTH has a “Do you really want to flag this post” alert and i think “Gosh no!” and am grateful.

6 Likes

I managed to find a list of current entries the other day…and then completely forgot how I found it when I went looking for it again a few days later :joy:.

2 Likes

I am super excited to go! It has been a few years.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it this year. Hopefully the replay / live streaming isn’t terrible because I’ve always liked using to catch what I missed during the horse park day.

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting the list as well. I think this year is going to be one of the strongest fields we’ve seen in a long time, both from a US and International perspective. With Julia Krajewski teaching a clinic in VA in April, that makes me assume her mare will be making her 5* debut this year at Kentucky. Hoping we might see Tom McEwen and JL Dublin who is incredible. Plus MJ and Chipmunk, a few Price horses, Yas and Bonazai, whatever Oliver decides not to run at Badminton. We’ve got some of the highest quality US horses I think we’ve ever had coming as well between Tamie, Liz, Boyd, Will, plus a few others.

Scanning through the Badminton list and noting who’s not on it, looks like Kentucky may actually be the more competitive field this year between the two.

6 Likes

I scoured the internet for the entry list with no luck. I’m big hype for this year too, we bought our 2023 tickets in our hotel room during 2022 :joy:

Excited for every single aspect, seeing riders/horses, being back in Lex/KHP, farm tour, and of course SHOPPING :star_struck:

1 Like

The links for the ride times still say they’re for 2022 but if you click on them, the actual page says it is for 2023.

https://kentuckythreedayevent.com/4-star-list/

1 Like

I don’t think those are actually for 2023. The 5* list has Vandiver, Sea of Clouds, and Steady Eddie on it, and they all stepped down from the 5* level after last year? We’ll prob just have to wait until after the closing date :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I think these entries are from 2022, the names and numbers match 2022 results. https://realtime4.startboxscoring.com/leaderBoard.html

1 Like

You are correct, this list of riders is from 2022. As well as the ones listed above, in the 4* - FE Coldplay and FE Ophelia were sold last year. Candy King and FE Mississippi haven’t been out since the WEG’s, so I doubt one would see them at a 4*.
Looking forward to seeing what the lists will look like for 2023. :wink:

I bought mine while watching stadium last year - clearly I was already in :smiley:

2 Likes

I love the option to purchase for next year during the current year, was last year the first time they did that? I can’t remember them offering it before.

I need to start my travel/snack supply shopping soon :star_struck:

my tickets came this week. have not been for six years. Yippee!!

2 Likes

I’m so far ahead on my planning for this year. I think last year was the first year that they offered the option to buy for the next. I believe in the past you had to wait until October.

This is my fourth time attending. I attended in 2015, 2018, and 2022 with family / friends and we combined the three-day with time bourbon tasting and at Keeneland.

This year I’m traveling alone, intentionally, and really looking forward to just being able to immerse myself in all the things without needing to coordinate with others. I may also try to get to Maryland this fall - my partner’s family is in MA and it might work to combine it with a trip to visit his dad.

3 Likes

Yeah for past years, I’ve had to wait until the fall and it was a mad dash to get everything ordered as soon as it went live. This made it so much less stressful.

It is really nice to experience it the way you want to vs also having to entertain others. I went with horse friends in 2015, and then I went with my partner in 2019. He was a trooper and had a good time, but it just wasn’t the same as going with other horse-y family/friends. I went with my mom last year and we’re going together again this year. I’ve been planning basically since we got home from last year, so all that’s left is getting supplies.

I did book the hotel for Maryland already because they just don’t have the # of hotels/BnB options that Lex has, and I didn’t want to miss out and get stuck in either a rat hole or one that’s wildly expensive/out of our budget. Will it be your first time at Maryland?

Yep - first time to Maryland. Do you have recommendations / thoughts about where to stay? I’ve done zero research at this point. And don’t have tickets.