Unlimited access >

Last news stallion

If you like Traks, look at Future Gravitas. He is half brother of Windsome Adante. I have a TB mare in foal to him for a 2015 foal. That foal will be more than 75% blood. I think he is going to produce some really good moving event horses.

Trying to think who else we have over here who might do frozen.

There’s Wickstead Didgeridoo who was gelded but has frozen.

[QUOTE=G3myst3ry;7681018]
Thanks for the info :slight_smile: I found Silver Twist and really liked him but when I contacted the people he’d been sold and they didn’t know how to get in contact with the owner which is a real shame as he is a lovely looking horse. Also like V’Tropez but not so keen on the predominantly warmblood stallions as I am looking for more of the tb blood. Does anyone know of a contact for the people with Last News? Also, what did Triple Twist end up doing before he died, the info on his site is from 2007… the stud now stands Comet Shine if I’m not mistaken…[/QUOTE]

I evented Triple Twist through Training and was ready to move up to Prelim but got pregnant with my first daughter so he had some time off. We started back eventing once I was able but unfortunately he passed away much too soon in 2011. He schooled 4’6" easily at home. I do have his intact son who is available but I plan to freeze and geld him next year.

[QUOTE=twistoffate;7683838]
I evented Triple Twist through Training and was ready to move up to Prelim but got pregnant with my first daughter so he had some time off. We started back eventing once I was able but unfortunately he passed away much too soon in 2011. He schooled 4’6" easily at home. I do have his intact son who is available but I plan to freeze and geld him next year.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the breeding of his son and any photos?

I’m am breeding from tb mares (I can post bloodlines) they are all well bred, two unfortunately did not have performance careers due to injury and the third will hopefully come into work after her first foal which is due in November. I am looking for stallions with good hind ends, uphill movement for two of them and good long legs with enough bone. I am keen to use tb stallions as, for eventing, I really like the thoroughbreds. I am happy to use something with warmblood or Irish in it to add movement but don’t want to be producing anything heavy…

For personal interest I am trying to make a list of thoroughbred stallions that stand to performance horse breeders as I am interested in seeing what’s out there and what people are breeding to. There seems to be a lot more standing now then there were…

If you email me I can send you some pictures. tofph3@aol.com

http://www.pedigreequery.com/t+f+classic+twist

[QUOTE=twistoffate;7683838]
I evented Triple Twist through Training and was ready to move up to Prelim but got pregnant with my first daughter so he had some time off. We started back eventing once I was able but unfortunately he passed away much too soon in 2011. He schooled 4’6" easily at home. I do have his intact son who is available but I plan to freeze and geld him next year.[/QUOTE]

If it’s not too intrusive to ask, why are you planning to geld your Triple Twist colt? With his very rare bloodlines, I wouldn’t think it would be too difficult to find a buyer for him as a stallion. If you don’t want to answer here, please PM me.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=zipperfoot;7685314]
If it’s not too intrusive to ask, why are you planning to geld your Triple Twist colt? With his very rare bloodlines, I wouldn’t think it would be too difficult to find a buyer for him as a stallion. If you don’t want to answer here, please PM me.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Because in the 7 yrs Triple Twist was available he only produced 7 foals, 4 of which were mine. I work full time, I’m an adult amateur, have 2 small children, a husband and a farm. I’m an hour and a 1/2 to 2 hrs from a collection facility and can’t drop everything to collect semen and I’m also not set up to take in a lot of outside mares for LC. I’ve struggled with this decision for quite a while. He does have exceptional bloodlines that I wholeheartedly believe in and he is a very nice colt but he’s also small. I don’t have the time or the means to stand him properly as a sport horse sire and in my experience most sport horse breeders want something bigger than 16 hands. So I decided that he will be gelded next year so that if there are any people interested in using him for TB mares he will be available for LC until then. After that I will have him collected and frozen and will start his eventing career. Frozen straws are much easier to manage and I do want to preserve the bloodlines.

I understand. Life happens. You have to do what’s best for you.

I’d like to see some current photos of Classic Twist–I have a mare that I may want to send to him nest spring. I’ll email you.

If you are wanting frozen in Aus., I would think the German TBs might be the easiest. Thinking a higher likelihood of export qualified frozen.

I do have frozen on Sea Accounts, but not Aus. qualified…not saying that I couldn’t, but there would have to be sufficient interest to justify the cost.

If you know Christan Trainor, she competed Sea Accounts for about a year when she was in NC. I’ve chatted with her about potential interest for him down under, especially after his AHS/HV approval earlier this year and she didn’t think there was a big demand for TB stallions and there were plenty down there. Isn’t she involved with one? Can’t recall his name at the moment.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the TB stallions in North America (with the probable exception of Coconut Grove) has Aus. export qualified semen that I’ve ever heard about.

A few years ago, there was a TB stallion from Mexico who was competing at Pre/Int and seems like he and the owner worked out of Phyllis Dawson’s barn during the winter??? Anyone remember his name? I’m sure I can find it if you’re interested.

Orujo. I remember competing against him. Lovely boy. Really good mind. . Not sure where he is but he is still on her web site.

http://www.teamwindchase.com/OrujoStallionPage.htm

[QUOTE=kookicat;7683800]
Trying to think who else we have over here who might do frozen.

There’s Wickstead Didgeridoo who was gelded but has frozen.[/QUOTE]

Why is he for sale as a 1/2* horse if he has done 3* and is still young? Do you know why he was gelded?

Does anyone know anything about Cor Magnigique (or is it Magnifique?) progeny and what level has he competed to to date?

Over here we have a lot of coloured thoroughbred stallions, seems to be all the rage at the moment but none of them are really the quality that I am looking for in a stallion.

Has anyone had any experience using Aberjack or have/know any of his progeny? Or the young German stallion Chiron? Or the stallion Ghareeb? What has Orujo produced? If I am going to import semen I would like a stallion that preferably has a performance record, proven breeding as well as progeny out there competing or at the very least progeny that have proved themselves as performance horses or breeding that has proved itself…

I am trying to source stallions that have little to no Northern Dancer blood as it is very common over here and is inbred a lot…

I have an Aberjack mare out of a TB. Not sure there is any Frozen available.

[QUOTE=bornfreenowexpensive;7686486]
I have an Aberjack mare out of a TB. Not sure there is any Frozen available.[/QUOTE]

What is your mare like? Did she have a performance career? I had a quick look and found this site http://equine.unh.edu/stallion-auction
I think I might email them and see if the auction has been, seems like an opportunity to get some semen from some very good stallions…

OP, Denny’s frozen on his boys is not export qualified.

That is the challenge for you. It is VERY expensive to do export qualified semen, especially for Aus/NZ. Frankly, there is not even interest over there to justify the cost of doing for 99% of the stallions in NA. I don’t know if the export regs are the same for stallions standing in Europe.

We are talking thousands of dollars.

As for Cor Magnifique, according to USEA, he did two novices in 2012.

I know that Coconut Grove has European frozen available, not sure about Aus. It’s $950/dose

Have you asked Fred if she has Aus. qualified frozen on Fred?

Otherwise, I would look at the TBs approved by the German verbands in Germany and then contact the owners and see if they have Aus. qualified frozen.

One other possibility is Baatesh. He has no performance career and as far as I know, no plans for one. He did participate in the 70-day stallion test either last year or the year before (can’t remember which). He did complete it, but I don’t believe scored high enough to get any licenses…maybe OldNA as they have the lowest score requirement. He has no ND in the first 3 gen. (that’s as far back as the ped. I look glanced at went). The only reason I mention him is because he stands at Equine-Reproduction which is an export qualified facility, so while I highly doubt they have any frozen on him, they COULD get Aus. qualified frozen far easier 99% of other stallion owners. His info is at Avalon-Equine.com.

Just an FYI Last News stands at Ballyquirke Stud in Kilkenny Ireland. The same stud stands Jackaroo, Puissance, Hermes de Reve, Royale Concorde and a few others.
For eventing stallions we have used Willam Micklem’s Jackaroo (full brother to Mandiba and High Kingdom) and Loughehoe Guy this year on a Kings Master x Cavalier mare.

Definitely also consider Jackaroo and Puissance. Jackaroo is something like 87% or so TB. Puissance is simply a very well proved eventing sire.

I would also definitely contact Lucinda Fredericks about Brittania’s Mail. Since she rides for Australia, surely she would be more open than most about qualifying semen for Down Under.

Another thought would be to look at New Zealand TB stallions with eventing progeny. I know a huge number of NZ TBs are exported to Australia.

[QUOTE=G3myst3ry;7688025]
What is your mare like? Did she have a performance career? I had a quick look and found this site http://equine.unh.edu/stallion-auction
I think I might email them and see if the auction has been, seems like an opportunity to get some semen from some very good stallions…[/QUOTE]

She competed to the CCI* level. Enough jump to go Advanced. I have 3 half siblings (different sires) so I can see some of the differences in her. She has a lot more bone. I’d say he shorten the top line on the dam. She is the most downhill of all the siblings (others are up hill). One half sibling is running at the 3* level and may aim for a 4* next year (fingers crossed!). He has the jump for it. Other sibling is a full TB and one of my broodmares. She ran up to the 1* level and had the jump for more but is now having foals.

The Aberjack mare has the least nice gallop and canter but still a good jump. Trot is ok but she didn’t get the stellar movement of her half siblings. Extremely good jumping instintics. Not always great with her front end but she is when she needs to be–absolutely outstanding with her hind end. Bit straight behind. SOLID mare…looks like a cross bred instead of mostly TB—don’t know what she sucked up but I used to joke that Aberjack must have some stock horse in him :wink: She also really got her mama’s personality…which isn’t good! I call her my chain smoking biker chick to give you an idea…don’t turn your back on her. She isn’t mean if you leave her alone or have a peppermint:)

I own Silver Twist, please look for him now on Facebook, Dreamhorse, Equine Now, and Chronicle of the Horse featured stallion ads. I am not trying to plug my horse, just sorry (due to some old webpages and links still hanging around) that a few people have gotten misdirected or couldn’t find his info. Thanks for your interest.

Psst

May want to post something about Silver Twist in the Sporthorse Breeding forum, too.

[QUOTE=SusanForum;8074481]
I own Silver Twist, please look for him now on Facebook, Dreamhorse, Equine Now, and Chronicle of the Horse featured stallion ads. I am not trying to plug my horse, just sorry (due to some old webpages and links still hanging around) that a few people have gotten misdirected or couldn’t find his info. Thanks for your interest.[/QUOTE]

What sort of temperament does Silver Twist throw? Most of the Twist line are not famous for being easy, and Abdullah certainly wasn’t.