Unlimited access >

Lentenor Consigned to Keeneland December Digital Sale

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but do we know what happened to Lentenor after this? He seems to have fallen off the map

I hope that Jackson’s bought him, gelded him, and that he has a wonderful life!

He was withdrawn from the sale, as were all but two of the other stallions.

Zayat sold Paynter for 11K in the sale. Voting Control sold for 27K.

I liked Paynter- I thought he was a nice horse. At least he appears to have found a soft landing!

It looks like he’s still at Calumet

https://www.calumetfarm.com/stallions/lentenor/

2 Likes

Just to clarify it looks like one share of Paynter sold for $11k. Sorry, I had to do a double take, just having watched Knicks Go run yet another amazing race on Saturday

2 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense.

I’m pretty sure that both Gray Swallow (sent to Virginia) and Musketier (sent to Texas) died this past year.

That is super sad.

This is OT, but I do not want to devote another thread to it- does anyone know what is going in with Zenyatta’s son that was in the TB program, and was jumping a bit?

Isabel de Sousa still has Cozmic One in training. I saw a FB video of him jumping a couple of weeks ago. He’s getting some nice form and the jumps are getting higher.

5 Likes

[/quote]
4 Likes

Where was Musketier sent? I have 2 Musketier fillies. So sorry to hear both of them passed away. They were both lovely stallions. I noticed that Calumet has not consigned any horses to the November sale. Anyone know why? They have sold some horses with really nice European bloodlines.

I have no idea. Maybe @SPRINGBORO knows?

Dynaformer doesn’t seem to have passed on his prepotency as a sire; he has no sons who’ve distinguished themselves in the breeding shed. He has done somewhat better as a broodmare sire.

The Dynaformers currently standing don’t get the best books of mares, true. I was surprised that Americain didn’t stay in Australia or go to Japan, as breeders there put more of a premium on a stallion who can stay 12 furlongs and better.

1 Like

He was standing in Indiana in 2020.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-register/stallions/166120/lentenor

1 Like

Point of Entry has had some nice winners this year, incl. at least three stakes winners I believe. Point by Me won the Grade I Bruce D. Stakes at Arlington on what used to be Arlington Million Day. The tracks last big weekend, so sad to see it go. And Pt. of Entry has quite a few other winners and place/show progeny, esp. compared to Dynaformer’s other kids. ( Except maybe Temple City who has many more progeny)

Wish we had not lost Brilliant Speed due to a lightning strike a few yrs. ago. So awful.

2 Likes

What horses were a flop on the track and ended up being good sires?

Quite a few did not have super race records. Not necessarily “flops” but not stellar.

Into Mischief won a grade1 at 2 and was 2nd in a grade1 at 3. https://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-register/stallions/130614/into-mischief

Malibu Moon started twice before he was injured.

El Prado wasn’t a super racehorse.

There are quite a few horses that have had a much better stallion career than they had as a racehorse.

1 Like

Danzig only raced 3 times (a maiden race and 2 allowance races). He won all 3 races but had problems with his knees.