Unlimited access >

Leroidesanimaux Mare "Guanabara Gal" at Bowie Auction

In case anyone knows her or her breeder. She is Guanabara Gal not “Girl”.

6 Likes

Questions: I tried looking her up on Equineline with that name and date and there is no match. And…looking at the Bowie site, if you can’t bring a 1 or 2-horse trailer—WTH is that about? Hw are you supposed to take her?

Someone on the thread (DHH for Jumping) said that they run many feral horses through the auction so they want large trailers. I have no idea if that is the case.

1 Like

Here she is. It’s “Gal " not Girl”. I’ll correct the thread title.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/guanabara+gal

2 Likes

Had a ‘23 Cross Traffic filly. Before that, she was barren in ‘22 and had a ‘21 Tourist colt. Her other two babies were winners (a Goldencents & a Pollards Vision). :confused:. Absolutely shameful.

3 Likes

She had 13 starts. 3 wins. 3 times placed, 2 times show. She won $68,028.

She’s quite ribby. It’s a shame.

1 Like

Did a quick search for the breeder, didn’t find anything on them from recent years.

From Equibase

1 Like

Ken J. Graham bred her 2021 Tourist colt who was foaled in Oklahoma. No record of public sale since then.

1 Like

He also bred the ‘23 Cross Traffic.

They get a lot of feral horses who don’t lead or load, so you need to bring a stock trailer so they can run the horses onto it.

I hope someone gets this mare. She’s well bred for sport.

Oh that makes sense. She looks like a nice horse. I’ve only ever had geldings—all OTTBs—but she’s nice. So quiet in that environment too. The daughter that he pointed out looks like a nice mare too and tall. I wish my gelding was’t such a jerk around mares. She deserves a better home.

3 Likes

That’s a fairly nice pedigree for sport. I would happily send a dribble to any party that picks her up. Just PM me.

5 Likes

Same here.

4 Likes

Same here.
And she would be eligible for the RRP broodmare division this year.

4 Likes

I’m in for a dribble, too, if anyone can get her. She’s too nice to see shipped.

2 Likes

Howdy! I just purchased her and saved her from slaughter! Yay! We are having her shipped to us in Volant, Pennsylvania, along with another rescue :slight_smile: I found this site by google searching her name to see what kind of history I could come up with. I will post pics when she arrives! We are excited to meet her!

71 Likes

Whats a dribble mean? Sorry for the silly question…haha

Still trying to figure out the PM interface :slight_smile:

Means people were willing to help contribute $$ to assist with the purchase price. Welcome and thank you for saving her!

5 Likes

Gotcha…Thanks for explaining. I can cover the purchase price but some extra help with feed and treats $ would be welcome :slight_smile: I will wait until we get her and show some photos of her being loved on first :slight_smile:

15 Likes