Unlimited access >

Lisa's Booby Trap

Her colt will be one year old tomorrow. Any pictures of him? Have they named him?

Nothing?

don’t know about her yearling but she just had her Tale of the Cat foal on the 6th.

Equineline still has her 2016 foal as unnamed.

He is entered as hip 335 in the NY-bred sale at Saratoga.

Story about her colt that is selling August 12th:
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/223060/lisas-booby-traps-colt-offered-in-new-york-bred-sale

Good story.

he has a very good face…

Whoa! He looks a wee bit chubby in that photo.

Will be looking out for him. I hope he has his dam’s heart.

Hope he has his dam’s heart, his sire’s speed (but not his feet.)
As for him being chubby, a lot of yearlings look chubby. Fat can hide a multiple of flaws for the less knowledgeable.

$135,000
Beautiful guy–looks like his sire, but chestnut.

Tell us more about the buyer. They have handle some high end horses.

NY Yearlings Sale streaming at 6:30 EDT http://www.fasigtipton.com/fasig-tiptontv/StreamingVideo.php

Looks like he is a pinhooker. Keep an eye out for the colt next Spring at the Ocala sales.

Now he’s a stakes winner. Not That Brady won the Damon Runyon at Aqueduct on 12/31.

4 Likes

And now Not That Brady is graded stakes placed! 2nd in the Withers S.

2 Likes

Another of those another stride and the winner would have lost it races.

1 Like

Anyone know what happened to Not That Brady today in the Gotham? Race chart says “swung into the lane under a protective hold” and “pulled up quickly once over the finish line”.
:concern:

At 1:09:22 into the race his jockey was still using the whip.

When he crossed the finish line, last, at an easy canter he was arguing with the jockey.

Unfortunately the canter is not a gait to determine soundness, particularly with horse high on adrenaline All us Lisa lovers can do is wait and hope… Hope that the jockey saw no point in pushing an out of contention horse.

But looking at his workout history between the Withers where he was a close second, and his Gotham work out, history they cut it shorter in time and distance.

I haven’t stayed at Holiday Inn, I’m not a trainer, But, I cut my teeth on long format 3-Day. Some horses take longer to get fitter.

1 Like

Not that Brady did a 5 furlong workout yesterday, 3/25. So, I assume it’s business as usual.

1 Like

CVPeg [Quote]Not That Brady is running in The Wood. Won The Withers but stopped last race in The Gotham.
By Big Brown, he was the first foal for Lisa’s Booby Trap - the filly who won her first 3 races at Finger Lakes by a combination 36 lengths, then came to Saratoga to run in some real competition with mixed efforts. But at the time, her story was the talk of the town, especially concerning her beginnings. Crooked as all get out, and blind in one eye . A book written about her and her trainer who was hard on his luck, but kept her and named her after his wife and his favorite strip club which he frequented after his wife died. Lisa had told him she was returning as a racehorse.

Long odds, but Not That Brady’s best race on par with the others in this field.
Would be fun to see him do well. Saw his mother run and it was quite the story.[Quote]

Nope! He did far better than his last race, and there was actually hope until the final turn. Then he didn’t seem to have another gear.
A gear Tacitus displayed well.

Any word on his sister, Lisa’s Tale?