Unlimited access >

LIVESTREAM Safe Sport presentation from USHJA Annual Meeting - THIS afternoon/evening (Wednesday)

On the FB post of the CoTH article there is a woman spewing the usual. What is funny is she’s “loving” her own posts. Who does that?

2 Likes

Tackpud and MHM, I wish I had known you were there, would have liked to meet you and talk. I was only there Sunday and Monday, however. I was going to trek up there Wed afternoon , then saw that SS presentation was livestreamed.

1 Like

I think they should turn it into a label for wine, beer and booze bottles. :smiley:

I went to go look at the comments on the post (because I’m a glutton for punishment I guess?) and in the process saw that the most vocal “I Stand With George-r” in my area commented on the post saying she now supports SafeSport. To me, that speaks volumes about the impact of Mr. Henry’s presentation. I was on deadline last night for a work project and missed the livestream, but I’m very much looking forward to watching it once it’s available on demand.

17 Likes

“But you don’t understand our criminal justice system!!!”

“Love reaction to her own post”

CLASSIC

3 Likes

Once again, the comments make me understand there is a wide swath of the horse business that does not understand the legal system, the constitution, victim grooming, how safe sport works, life outside the horse show bubble, and the rest of the world.

I grant you, it doesn’t help that there are people who are supposedly lawyers giving out rafts of misinformation and others claiming to have been through the process and ‘that’s not how it happens at all!’

9 Likes

the same type of person who reports others for…?!

facepalm.

I tried to reason with her. I don’t even know why I bothered.

2 Likes

Shoot! I’m sorry we didn’t all meet up!

1 Like

That’s called “tilting at windmills”.

Do none of these people complaining because SS makes results of investigations public not realize that police departments do the same thing when someone is arrested for child molestation? They do not wait until the conclusion of the legal process.
I see such announcements (unfortunately) a couple/few times a week in the local paper. Most of the details are there in black and white except for one: the victim’s name. Depending on the number of alleged victims, such stories may even be reported on televised local or even national news.

Yet the ISWG people want everything kept secret except for the victim’s name and what the sex acts were.

5 Likes

You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into…

2 Likes

Well Duncan Macintosh believes they should use restorative justice instead and banning kiddie diddlers is barbaric and archaic.

1 Like

Duncan says he has a daughter. Would he be comfortable leaving her under the supervision/tutelage of someone who claims to be a reformed pedophile?

1 Like

He already stated in a public post yes because she takes karate lessons and she understands her actions have consequences. I wish I made that up.

And more recently this gem. Apparently screwing adults as a kid is “exploration.”

But it also doesn’t mean that I’m going to teach her, as she grows, and Finds herself in situations where she has choices and she can decide what exploration she wants to make or not make, that she will have an awareness of the consequences and she will have an awareness not to be a victim and to speak up.

1 Like

Specifically…

” I’m going to teach her, as she grows, and Finds herself in situations where she has choices and she can decide what exploration she wants to make or not make, that she will have an awareness of the consequences and she will have an awareness not to be a victim and to speak up.”

I am just stunned with this. Stunned. He is vaguely referencing girls aged 12-15… who had a trainer that was an adult male engaging in sexual acts with them. That’s what happened.

To those women who who were impacted as young teens. It wasnt your fault then. You did the best you could. You were a minor. And it wasn’t your fault that after Safe Sport looked into the facts of RGs prior conduct, and decided he should be banned for life, he chose to take his own life. That was HIS choice. It was t your fault for speaking up now, or not speaking up in the 1970’s and 1980’s when you were just a child. It’s a truly tragic situation… but none of this is the fault of women who were sexually exploited by an adult male coach when they were children.

And the answer is NOT to teach our children that they had a “choice” in terms of being abused by an adult. And that they are somehow responsible for the “consequences” of this “choice” or that “choice” they had way back when they were a child being subjected to sexual exploitation by their coach.

12 Likes

And… one other STUNNING public comment from Duncan that is just as bizarre. This one on the article itself, and referencing GMs victims, and pushing back on someone who was challenging the ISWG comments…

14 year old boys can not consent to sex with an adult male. PERIOD.

”There’s a principal in law that you ignore at all our peril. And that is if it hasn’t been proven through some kind of criminal proceeding you can’t state it as fact. I have my questions about some George’s earlier behavior but I know very well that he had abundant consensual behavior and I think that is more was being judged then what was questionable at the very beginning of his career. The thing that you want to do is sit on the sidelines and judge in a way that society has chosen not to. If he were this ongoing destroyer that you said he was, nobody would be signing up for his lessons. And that’s the point that so many of us make, there’s a term called restorative justice and you should familiarize yourself with that and it should be part of this process. If we want kids to be abused. And how dare you insinuate that! But we do want is to make the understanding that every human being alive has regrets about their behavior and makes choices they wish they didn’t. Justice is not only about a vengeance. You should go pick up your Bible and read that.”

I. Can’t. Even.

😳😳😳😳🤯🤯🤯🤯😱😡😥

7 Likes

What a vile human being.

8 Likes

"If he were this ongoing destroyer that you said he was, nobody would be signing up for his lessons."

That’s blowing my mind a little. Larry Nassar had HUNDREDS of victims and destroyed countless lives yet was still a very successful and popular doctor, right up until the end.

15 Likes

Exactly! People should be looking really hard at those who appear to be irrationally against Safesport. I’m not talking about those who sincerely have questions or concerns about the process. You know who they are. Maybe a couple outliers are actually mentally ill, drink too much or are desperate for their 15 seconds in the limelight. It’s the ones who protest too much, who say things that make you wonder about any children in their care. Think about it…

7 Likes

Mr. Henry could not have explained the Safe Sport process more clearly. He did a great job.
For those members that could not,or would not understand him, there will be simplified information to come from USEF.

@ponyflyer Mary, you’ve done a good job. Don’t let the antis get you down.

You’ve always been an advocate for kids and I admire you.

As difficult and painful as facing this problem may be, it’s time for USEF and USHJA to get the rot out. There is no room in this sport for people who molest children, and their apologists are nauseating to the vast majority of us.

Hang in there!

14 Likes