Unlimited access >

Longines League of Nations at WEC

The live stream has been working for me on the WEC site. Fingers crossed, knock wood, etc., etc.

1 Like

Nice thank you!

I cannot wait to see the photos from tonight. The sky looks like it’s doing amazing things right now. I’m hoping for a low shot of the Liverpool after the water with the sunset and the purpleish lights in the stands in the background

1 Like

Double clear from Laura Kraut!

Go USA!

5 Likes

Only 2 or 3 clear rounds so far in round two

So LK is the only woman jumping in this competition? That’s a shame.

There were a few other women, but most of them did not have great first rounds

1 Like

He stayed on. Quite a few horses spooked after their clear rounds in that exact place. Including Laura’s. I was sitting right there and wish I had videoed McLain. If looks could kill. But it wasn’t anything anyone did. It most likely was the railing they put up for the event. It was a screen that went all of the way around the ring. And it flashed CLEAR with shooting stars after the clear rounds.

2 Likes

How did it go?

Never mind. U.S. 3rd tonight.

Watching from Ireland I thought the Irish team would win as they had such a strong squad out there, Irish course builder no harm either :wink::ireland:

3 Likes

The Irish are on fire this year! I’m hoping they have a great showing in Paris.

3 Likes

I don’t think they have ever had a better squad, the selection process won’t be tricky, all horses remaining sound the Paris team will be Cian, Daniel and Shane on James, last night was a good trial for them with that horrible water fence and all the shadows. Absolutely class every one of them.

3 Likes

I joined right after Laura’s last jump. She looked so thrilled! I’m so disappointed I missed her round.

1 Like

The Irish have enough depth these days to field two or three competitive teams!

4 Likes

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/ireland-wins-longines-league-of-nations-ocala/?fbclid=IwAR3cK0Sk4Ywbyel5jTzeQx-gesB4LjDexdjrsDZw-mgOpn4u9ASjN50eAFw

1 Like
1 Like

Anybody wonder why the Irish and the Swedes and the Swiss seem to be so much better than the US riders? I love Ward, Farrington, Kraut et al but somehow we don’t seem to be able to pull it off. Though, we did do well in the past Olympics so maybe we’re just in a lull???

What are you talking about? The US was one of three teams with zero faults after the first round yesterday.

And then in the second round… they’re horses. They don’t always do the same thing from one round to the next.

The US team finished third in a competition that included something like 16 of the top 20 riders in the world.

6 Likes

It was an amazing class. I was at the schooling area watching them warm up. The first horses went while the sun was still high enough for there to be no shadows. I’m sure that contributed to the number of clear rounds early on. As the sun started to set, shadows created problems and rails started to fall. Some unfortunate rails and misbehaviors - they are horses after all.

WEC did a great job hosting this event. It was difficult with a Premier / Level 6 show going on at the same time, but they dealt with the logistics well. It was harder to move around the show grounds, but possible if you planned your route once you knew what was closed off.

The crowd was encouraging and enjoying the evening. There were many rooting for all the teams along with rooting for the USA. Show jumping at that level is such a wonder to watch - these were truly the best in the world right now.

6 Likes