Unlimited access >

Looks like I might be the next kitten keeper. UPDATE #40-KITTEN PIC!

Even though they are scared their little faces are quite sweet. How old are they do you think?
And any progress on Mom?

1 Like

I’m guessing they’re about 7 weeks old. They’re still pretty scared but they haven’t been aggressive when handled.
They’re using the litter box and eating like champs. It was really stormy this morning, crazy loud thunder, they were in tight under the radiator so I left them alone. If it’s calmer when I get home I’ll sit with them.

Jen got in contact with a TNR group and borrowed a cage. Now it’s get an appointment and hopefully trap the day before. A friend of hers is experienced with TNR so it should go fine.

6 Likes

How precious!

1 Like

Get then addicted to canned food. The sit on the floor with a book and a spoonful of canned food and wait.

2 Likes

They are beautiful! :heart: They look healthy too. I love the long hair in the boy’s ears. Looks like he’s going to be fluffy. Maybe the girl too.

Spend as much time as you can with them. Playing with them, petting them, holding them, talking to them. I think they’ll come around.

1 Like

Aw, they’re darling! Thank you for the pictures (but you know we’re gonna want more)! :blush:

1 Like

They look real good and I am so glad you were able to catch them so quickly. Hopefully mom will be the same when her turn comes.

They are so pretty.

1 Like

The “shittens” tested my patience today.

They had a little loose poo yesterday and today they had a poo party! Got home from work and there was poo footprints/smears all over the bathroom! It was on the floor, on the edge of the tub, on the lid AND the back of the toilet! Now I know where all they can get to.
Got it all cleaned up and collect them from behind the toilet and there is not a bit on either of them! I couldn’t believe it but each of them got a wet washcloth wipe down just in case.
I’m pretty sure the looseness was a result of me giving them additional wet food. Not doing that again!

On the positive side, Lil, the female, seems a lot less afraid and more accepting of being handled. She still struggles when picked up but calms down once she’s up against me. She also sits and watches me after I put her down and doesn’t run until I get up.
Biggie, the male, is a handful! He hissed at me today when I picked him up, so scary. Lol! Struggled a lot but did settle a bit. He’s shedding like crazy, so much kitten fuzz! He also watches me after being let down but runs sooner than Lil does.

So far so good I guess.

12 Likes

Shittens indeed. How can something so little make such a huge mess? I don’t get it.

When I had my little kittens that I was caring for - lord, the messes. I would routinely come home to my bathroom destroyed and litter and poo everywhere. But after one look into those sweet little faces - well, you gotta forgive them.

4 Likes

It is hard to stay mad at them once you look at their tiny faces.
Luckily, they were good today and I only had the usual kitty litter and water to clean up which is easy.

Lesson learned. Less is more when it comes to kittens and wet food.

6 Likes

So you mean less wet food, more kittens, right? :wink:

2 Likes