Unlimited access >

Luhmuehlen entries

Your puter had a brain fart then. This is the “naked” link; https://www.britisheventing.com/compete/fixtures-and-results/BICTON-ARENA-INTERNATIONAL-(X)

That would be my phone :joy:

Yes that’s quite the line up!

Only 2 Brits left on the entry list; David Doel and Molly Sommerland.

Both very good young riders so this might be the time for them to shine. They’re certainly showing determination!

Bicton TV; https://horseandcountry.tv/en-us/liveevents/

I just read this from Eventing Nation, the work they (Molly Sommerland with an EN journalist) are having to do to get to Luhmuhlen from the UK is incredible. Just reading what they have done has tired me out.

1 Like

Just checked the entries and there’s lots of changes! I bet one of the Prices will win.

Scores etc;
https://www.longinestiming.com/equestrian/2021/longines-luhmuhlen-horse-trials-luhmuhlen

1 French horse (Ultramaille and Clara Loisea) didn’t make it through the trot up today. (Wed 16th)

1 Like

Scores are super tight at the top of both the 4* and 5*! Going to be exciting tomorrow!

1 Like

The course is here: thoughts?

That line in the first water looks awfully tricky. Maybe it’s just the drone angle, but you see the boat and the bank right behind it but you’re not going up the bank. There seems to be enough space between it all to get organized though, so maybe it won’t be an issue.

1 Like

Did you see the second water too :neutral_face: can’t wait to see how that rides!

Wow - no Prices left ! Well done Molly Sommerland.

1 Like

Let’s talk about Ariel Grald! Way to rock that course!!! Where’s her spot to Tokyo???

5 Likes

Couldn’t bring myself to wake up at 4 AM so didn’t see the 5* XC but I did watch the dressage yesterday. Some very inconsistent judging and some bias which is par for the course in Germany (at least in my opinion). I thought Ariel was marked particularly harshly, but the horse put in by far the best 5* test I’ve ever seen him do. Just a little tight at times but his changes looked solid. I think he’s just one of those horses that’s going to need another year or so to really get strong enough for the first phase. I think they’re well in the discussion for WEG next year.

Absolutely gutted for Jennie. I really love that mare, but the horse falls are starting to become a bit of a trend. Also found her post-dressage comment below from EN’s article interesting:

“She’s quite big for me, to be honest — she’s more of a Boyd Martin-sized horse, really. I’ve always said that he should ride her, not me! She’s long, too, so she’s a lot of horse for me, to be honest. It’s been all about getting her a bit more rideable so I can hang onto her.”

3 Likes

Jennie can ride anything, so I wonder if she’s making a joke, being humble, or if the horse truly is that much of a behemoth!

1 Like

I know it was a bitty field and all… but way to go Ariel!!! Third!!!

A top 10 at Burghley and now a 3rd place finish!

4 Likes

I think she finished 3rd, it’s equally impressive. Finished on her dressage score plus a little time. Amazing finish.

1 Like

Whoops! Editing my post. The scoreboard on mobile wasn’t loading Mollie at the top correctly. Thank you!

1 Like

How would one watch the replay? H&H is giving me a media error.