Unlimited access >

Luhmuehlen entries

Much smaller field of course, but it’s still such an accomplishment to finish on your dressage score or just add a little time somewhere. Congrats to all!

I don’t know Ariel Grald but DAMN that is impressive!

1 Like

And she beat The Terminator too!

1 Like

soo now, she has ridden Kentucky, Burghley, (toughest course ever,*) and now Luhmuehlen clear! Great job.

*my opinion

2 Likes

Does anyone know what happened with the Prices? I’m guessing maybe they pulled up to save their horses for the Olympics?

Bad day in the office!

1 Like

Jonelle had a bad fall at a table, apparently faceplanted. Tim had a run out or two at the skinny in the water. He had an awkward jump near the end on his other horse, and couldn’t get set up for the next jump.

What happened to Jennie? The EN articles are so long - I don’t have the bandwidth to read them!

She and Simon have had no xc jumping penalties in their three five-stars to date. And they both debuted at the level at Kentucky 2019. They’re absolutely the real deal.

7 Likes

Oof I’ll say! Shocked to hear it, but I guess it happens to everyone.

2 Likes

I’m so impressed how consistent she and Simon are. To be able to travel to Europe twice and lay down those kind of performances is beyond impressive, especially in your debuts on these courses.

6 Likes

She’s a lovely rider with a great support team and a top notch owner. The horse has been very intelligently prepared. Thrilled for her and her connections.

2 Likes

Fell off at the corners.

1 Like

I have been going on and on about Ariel and driving everyone nuts for years now. Especially given the lack of drop score, I really believed they should have been in the conversation for Tokyo (and near the top of the list, at that). I’m hoping that the only reason they were not is whatever stopped them from running this year until now, not that they were overlooked.

This combination is, in my opinion, one of the absolute brightest hopes for the US at the moment, and I think they already deserve their pinque coat for the WEG next year. They really put some polish on the performance this weekend with the big step forward in xc time and by proving they can keep all the poles up on the final day even under pressure, but they’ve been demonstrating their exceptional consistency across the country (even on very hard days, even when things go wrong, no exceptions) for years now. They are both still young but they are performers and they more than hold their own against the best in the US right now as far as I’m concerned. It’s nice to have someone to be properly excited about in this country!

ETA: apparently they’ve said their next target is Badminton, and I absolutely can’t wait to watch them tackle that track. It’s wonderful to see such a deserving young person with the backing to do what she needs to do to make everyone sit up and pay attention!

11 Likes