Unlimited access >

Luhmuhlen 2022

@Sticky_Situation indeed you are correct. If there are no consequences, then the aberrant behavior is actually approved! So… expect more of it

@Sticky_Situation by the way, there are laws in Germany, France, etc. about personal negligence which causes injury, or disruption to an event, etc… The woman who let her dog run out the non-retractable (!) leash clearly violated one of those laws IMHO. This is what got the woman who caused the crash at the Tour d’France in legal hot water. The French were so mad they chased her down back in Germany.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I also know entitled people that own large, poorly trained dogs that seem not to hate retractable leashes. Doesn’t make them any more appealing in my eyes, of course.

Do we live in the same neighborhood? Surely there can’t be multiple people who think this is a good idea…

1 Like

Seriously, some of these retractable leash people should buy kites, not dogs. Because that’s what they really seem to enjoy.

2 Likes

Did I miss the Chronicle mentioning the dog incident at Luhmulen, or did they leave it out of their coverage?

It seems newsworthy to me.

1 Like

I am curious to know if the dog owner came forward to apologize to Tom. I mean, if you are the owner, you have to do something, right? Surely many saw the incident. Did they quietly leave the show by the back gate with their tail between their legs?

1 Like

If I was the dog owner I would have given him time to cool down before I apologized. He had to be very angry.

I would get his contact information and write a sincere letter of apology that included my promise never to bring a dog to an event ever again, especially on that type of leash. Maybe a gift card to a fancy restaurant would be in order as well.

1 Like

People use retractable leads to absolve themselves of the need to train their dogs, and pick up their waste. What they really need is a fenced yard and a poop picking fairy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It’s disappointing that COTH has no article or opinion piece about the dog incident that ruined Tom McEwen’s cross country ride.

7 Likes

Shows I went to always allowed dogs on leads no longer than 6 ft. Seems sensible.

4 Likes