Unlimited access >

Marco our newly adopted stray/feral

We lost our old cat about four months ago and have been waiting for a cat to come our way. All of our cats have found us, just wandered in and stayed. But no cat has come…so we actively sought. We aren’t particular as-to color, gender, age…just that there be some serendipity involved. Our feelers have been out-there for a few weeks and Sat morning got the call that there was a new cat that needed to be relocated out of the area. Sight unseen, we said: Sure!
So I met the transporter woman at the gas station and now we have this new little guy… Marco.

Here’s a little bit of backstory as-told by the lady who brought him 50 miles to get to us:
“Looks like Marco struck gold! You two are amazing helping this poor guy out! Don’t know if you heard but he wandered up a county road in Vichy then was taken and dumped behind the Kroger grocery store in Rolla but then was somehow returned to the county road in Vichy!”

Here’s hoping he likes it here because we are a long long way from Vichy!

He has a droopy eyelid. He has an abscess on his chest that is healing and he has been neutered. He’s on antibiotics. Is rather friendly and verrrry talkative. We let him out of the crate for a little facetime twice a day for maybe 5 minutes. Today he a) climbed on my lap on the floor and b) curled upside down and invited me to pet his belly, with i did a little bit without getting a hint of him wanting to take claws to me. I think the little guys’ gonna work out fine :slight_smile: !!

24 Likes

Love Marco ! Thanks for ‘welcoming’ him HOME !

2 Likes

Welcome home, Marco! What a cutie!

3 Likes

He is very handsome. I love his nose marking. So glad you are giving him the great home he deserves.
Now how about some pictures when he is not behind bars? lol

4 Likes

Adorable! Sounds like you got a winner!

2 Likes

He’s precious and it sounds like he’s going to be a sweetheart. I love his name too. Thanks for taking him in. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The vet puts him at 4-5 yrs old. He has some missing teeth, and he came with earmites. He’ll be able to have some more freedom in a few days, i just want his abscess to heal up some more, and make sure those earmites are dead and gone.

6 Likes

What a handsome boy! He sounds like he’s going to be a lovey type. So happy for you both. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Welcome, Marco. I love his nose.

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:Marco
Keep us updated @eightpondfarm. He is so lucky to have found the perfect home.

2 Likes

Marco struck the Uranium Mine!!! I love the talkative ones that you can have an actual conversation with.
Sounds like he is a doll baby.
Lucky times for both of you. Yes more pics please, unincarcerated. :rofl:

4 Likes

How is Mr Marco doing? Is he still in Jail?

:heart:Marco :heart: has a double crate…(2 big ones hooked together), one has a blanket over it and a litterbox, the other a lounging box and his water and food bowls. He is out whenever one of us is there to supervise. (which is pretty much all day long). He has been encouraged to walk out the front door but he wanted right back in. He lays beside my SO at her feet, with our old dog while she’s at her desk all day. If she gets up to do anything, they both follow her. He is having his dream come true. Well…even better, he didnt’ even know to dream this! He loves being a domestic cat. A house cat. A pampered pet cat :heart:

and…the TNR lady who placed him with us, connected us to a foster home that works for a nokill shelter, and this woman has 5 cats that she feels would be happiest as barn cats. So, they have all been S/N and FeLV and FIV tested. And because of our wonderful Marco, we are taking all five.

15 Likes

oh YAY! I am so glad he is doing well and bless you for taking the other kitties to live with you. Even thought they will be barn cats I am sure they will be plenty spoiled.

1 Like

if i can tame mustangs, i think maybe i might succeed with one or two of them…? If they can get gentle enough that i can pick them up, then they can come into the house any time they want. And i will let them come into the house and stay in the bathroom by the door when it gets really cold during winter.
2 all-black females
1 tortie female
1 white w/gray splotches male
1 tanish with faint stripes male (that she called a siamese, but doesn’t look like it to me)

image0 image2 image1 image4

6 Likes

You just made my day. Beautiful new crew. Thanks so much to you and your SO. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

She had another one, a gorgeous big tabby…he was FIV pos. We decided we did not want to put him outside as a barncat. Too much risk, anything could cause him to get an infection and then…a potential for a short little life. Plus, though he would be coming with his crew that he knows and has lived in a garage with for a while, and probably wouldn’t fight and sink teeth into any of them…what if a stray were to wander in. Plus, there is our new little guy Marco. I feel bad to have said no.
He might just haunt me into it though…
wanna see (or would he haunt you guys too then??)

1 Like

Oh I’m so happy for you all! Yay!!!

1 Like

I’m afraid it would haunt me, too. Poor little guy. :cry:

he is living in a garage …has food, water, litterbox…shelter. And my guess is now that i’ve taken all but him, she has room to foster some new ones. He will be getting new friends soon.

1 Like