Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

I am guessing that at this point, Mr. D and Mr. B are not worried about the incorrect wording in the background of the case wording because they know that they can easily set the record straight to jurors if needed if this case goes to trial.

IMO, if Mr. N would make any legally incorrect statements to jurors, it would just make him look unprepared and not knowledgeable about the case to the jurors.

4 Likes

Similar to calling MB an Olympic medalist.

5 Likes

My bet is they set the record straight immediately.

13 Likes

Not a big believer in coincidence :wink:

The fact that they go to such great lengths and devote so much time to spit their narrative is telling to me.

Also, I believe it was RG (and probably LK under RGā€™s FB account) who said on maybe RGā€™s FB page that they were posting on COTH. Interpret that as you will but there are ways to hide IPs and such to create accounts on COTH. JMHO.

22 Likes

Fear not. We are watching.

37 Likes

While I hope they do, would they risk making the judge mad? Would it make a judge mad?

1 Like

Yes judge will be mad. But I have no doubt the other side will eventually make him madder. And itā€™s so early in the game thereā€™s time for redemption.

8 Likes

Re first bolded sentence. Iā€™m glad youā€™re going on record along with @Knights_Mom as saying Judge Sceusi made ā€œan errorā€ in the way he described the background of the case.

Will this error of the judgeā€™s be corrected before the case goes to trial, or will it be tried without correction, necessitating a costly appeal by Barisone? Surely Deininger and Bilinkas will file motions objecting to ā€œthe errorā€, if they, like you and KM, consider it an error. If it is an error, as you and KM assert, it would seem to preclude their relitigating the issue of whether MB shot her, and therefore a fairly important error.

Re second bolded sentence: No, Iā€™m not going to say that.

1 Like

Maybe the IEM can all mail Holiday Greeting cards to Judge Sā€™s office with a copy of the acquittal form in them. :smile:

13 Likes

I think Nagel looks like an asshat as is. Evidentially he lost his cool with a judge many years ago and there was disciplinary action which can be found online. I donā€™t see him as the type to have a great deal of finesse and control. JMHO.

But I completely agree with you as far as setting the record straight in the actual civil trial. Lots of things will be presented that werenā€™t allowed in the criminal trial, I think the possibility for self defense being one of them.

I really hope we can be flies on the wall for the civil trial because Iā€™m looking forward to the questioning of LK. She will not have victimā€™s rights and will be allowed to be questioned much further than she was previously. I also think itā€™s impossible to keep lies straight when questioned by a competent lawyer. I predict that MBā€™s legal team will be able to convey a pretty intense and demonstrative story WRT how this entire fiasco played out - EB is very good at building a narrative and storyline as seen with criminal trial and the unicorn NGRI verdict.

21 Likes

I do not feel compelled to debate you. Time will tell. And Iā€™m good with that.

Your reaction and clinging to an obvious error actually makes me feel good as it shows how desperate you were for something positive in your belief systems favor.

33 Likes

I think thatā€™s a wonderful idea.

If the IEM is working on a mailing list, maybe there could be a group request to the tech department here to finally fix the ignore function.

8 Likes

I expect next month weā€™ll see new contempt charges. Maybe January, considering all the holidays.

5 Likes

January. Early.

3 Likes

I hope the Kā€™s winterized before they left. I wonder if theyā€™ll be home soon.

5 Likes

Based on the Judgeā€™s current rulings are we likely to see any filings from the attorneys?

Iā€™m practically positive we will be seeing that

7 Likes

Other than knowing how expensive they are for the client, I sure enjoy reading them.

3 Likes

I donā€™t care what they are worth other than for what Michael Barisone can take from them when he wins his suit. For the Kanareks and everyone else, money doesnā€™t by class.

14 Likes