Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

I was just answering the questions you addressed to me, @trubandloki. If you’re not interested in the answers, why pose the questions?

Even so - the patient could take enough of the med to satisfy the test requirements and still sell the surplus. IIRC from the previous thread, it seems that it was not terribly difficult to get scripts for suboxone, esp. for users who knew which doctors to patronize. So a user could obtain multiple scripts from multiple doctors, maybe in different states, and filled by multiple pharmacies in multiple states, and voilà - they manage to procure multiple boxes at the same time to sell or trade.

And I would hope that with all the recent focus on the opioid crisis, things have tightened up and it is not as easy as it was in past years to circumvent the rules.

4 Likes

What are the other stars on that constellation? I’m thinking that there are more stress factors caused by LK than you are allowing for.

I don’t need to remember that- I didn’t forget it. I do understand the nature of counter claims.

5 Likes

Here is a clip for you and @Rubyroo

Start at around 17:19. Commentators is saying LK’s testimony was just unbelievable. Analyst is pretty much saying she thinks the jury didn’t like LK/RG and that the jury sympathized with MB felt they would need to bring a gun to defend themselves against them too.

https://youtu.be/ubufL2hkuWU](https://youtu.be/ubufL2hkuWU)

Guess it’s not so far fetched of an idea if it’s being broadcast on a national television channel.

14 Likes

Maybe because they - unlike the prosecution’s two “star witnesses” - are empathetic and caring people, who recognized that a good and decent member of society had been targeted and preyed upon by drug addict grifters who were aided and abetted by an equally callous parent who - as a retired attorney - should KNOW BETTER and should certainly BEHAVE BETTER.

15 Likes

Clearly some people go thru life differently than others. (And I am not talking Kanarek family different, that is a whole new scale.)
I am with you on this. If I knew someone on a personal level from years back and something was going on in their life that was horrible that I might be able to help them with (moving a horse, etc) I would for sure reach out and offer support.
To some people here that is clearly a weird thing to do.
Society has all sorts. Those willing to help, those willing to find being helpful as nefarious.

23 Likes

Well, that is a strange response to my question that was never actually answered.

:hatched_chick:

:penguin:

11 Likes

It was Bilinkas’s job to make MB look sympathetic and to make LK and RG look unsympathetic. He was quite effective in doing his job.

Making the defendant appear very sympathetic and the victims unsympathetic is what you want to do to set the stage for jury nullification. Bilinkas set the stage well. That’s what your quotes illustrate.

Whether the jury did or did not then engage in jury nullification is a separate question.

I have no way of knowing for a fact whether there was jury nullification at play here.

I find it absolutely absurd to think that a jury sympathetic to MB would have engaged in jury nullification to change the verdict from NG to NGRI. If they thought the prosecutor had not met his burden on actus reus, the jury did MB a horrible injustice if they returned a verdict of NGRI instead of NG.

1 Like

It’s also the prosecutors job to present evidence to get someone convicted. As the commentators said, there wasn’t even evidence for the attempted murder of RG so it shouldn’t have been charged. The prosecutors case was flimsy, the witnesses unlikeable.

26 Likes

And this is supported in that the prosecutor was willing to drop the charges for RG when offering the rejected plea deal.

13 Likes

But they could be all these things without deciding that if they didn’t protect the defendant, no one else would.

What? The amount of evidence required to charge someone and get a grand jury indictment is less than the amount of evidence required to convince a jury that the crime was committed to the standard of “beyond a reasonable doubt”.

It is absurd that you cannot grasp the concept that the jury may very well have realized that MB needed help from mental health professionals, and may very well have realized that he needed protection from the K-Klan.

Those two factors would have weighed heavily on my mind, and after considering all the options, I think I would have realized that NGRI covered all the bases:

1. NGRI was an acquittal;
  2. NGRI would help ensure that he got help before he was released;
  3. NGRI would mean he would not be “in the community” where he would be vulnerable to continued attacks by LK.
6 Likes

More arguing with lawyers….actual criminal defense lawyers in this case.

14 Likes

There is so much repetitive crap posted here, can I request on more?

I can’t find how to put someone on ignore. Tell me how, please. I was anticipating some legal stuff when I woke up to 97 new posts. Nope, same ol’ same ol’ except with a new poster who hasn’t read/watched the history before posting.

I’m not usually snarky, and I’m not really trying to be. But it’s disappointing.

Come on @ekat…find us something new :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I agree with this - I don’t think anyone was surprised that Michael was found not guilty of the charges for Rob. I certainly wasn’t.

1 Like

To clarify something, Sdel is NOT stating that MB’s criminal defense lawyers are participating on this thread. Sdel is pointing out that there are criminal defense lawyers who are members of CotH posting here to clarify things for the readers.

Carry on.

14 Likes

Hilarious!! No help was needed to make LK and RG unsympathetic. None. At all. Whatsoever. Ever.

29 Likes

Who is “an actual defense lawyer”?

Is there an actual defense lawyer who thinks that no one is indicted unless there is enough evidence to get a conviction 100% of the time?

Very important - after you have added a name (use the drop down - do not type in name yourself) and chosen length of time you have to “save changes”

ETA: I realized one of the screen shots was unclear - choose “preferences” to get to “notifications” and “users”

9 Likes