Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

If, as a juror, I thought the state had not made its case that he shot her, I would have voted straight NG on all charges and assumed that he could get better psychiatric care (inpatient or outpatient) as a NG acquittee than as a NGRI acquittee who is involuntarily committed and subject to the court process.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the jury was completely unconcerned with your opinion on it.

26 Likes

Ah, but I did make good, the same way Ryan made good on that threat to me, and Cummerbund to him before that. Itā€™s just a pirateā€™s welcome to stay aboard the Revenge.

But if you do stay on, you might have to help me light the masts and hang the boot socks for the impending holiday season where we worship our dressage lord and savior. And I canā€™t promise I wonā€™t make you help me with farm boy stuff like giving IM meds to a violently needle-shy horse (who is far more likely than I to follow through on the murdery part of our little pirate sign-off). If youā€™ve survived equestrian life piracy will be a breeze.

29 Likes

And a reminder for those non-seafaring folk among us: forecastle is pronounced focsel. (Sounds like folk sull, Not 4 Castle).
Love,
Mondo (raised by a sailor)

And now back to my Barisone worship. Oh, my aching elderly knees!

26 Likes

As for the nature of the 911 callā€¦

Coxā€™s testimony through 38:45 states that as a result of the waiver RG was agitated and threatening her and MB.

The actual 911 call, he says ā€œI feel threatened and in dangerā€ 41 seconds into the call while explaining why he is calling. Later you can hear in the background someone arguing with him. He alludes to one of them taking pictures. Then gives description of RG and LK. At 06:35, he states RG is threatening him and staring him down and that RC is with him (he speaks to her and then discusses her and their interpretation of RGā€™s behavior with the operator).

To say that he was calling 911 because they wouldnā€™t sign the release is disingenuous. He states more than once he is calling because he feels threatened.

43 Likes

Thank you! I was going to post this, but, you did it better and first. Thanks!

(As a side note, Iā€™d probably feel pretty threatened by what she testified RG said to MB, too.)

13 Likes

Iā€™m the one catching up, now, and I have to ask in all honesty: Is this where LK learned the whole bow to horses schtick? Iā€™ve never seen any of the Spirit movies but the girl bowing her head here is ringing a certain 48 hours bellā€¦

30 Likes

I do have a knack for holiday decorating, although this will be my first official Michaelmas. I dare say, I accept the challenge. I do conveniently have a way with a needle and with ill-mannered horses. Although do not tell my mare, as I injected her twice on Tuesday, and she isnā€™t apt to agree with my self-assessment. I look forward to our voyage. ā€˜Tis a pirateā€™s life for me!

17 Likes

Interesting that Taylor wouldnā€™t let RC discuss the 911 call hardly at all.

23 Likes

Itā€™s as good a theory as any!!

5 Likes

Hard to say who bowed first there. Maybe they were training each other.

6 Likes

I feel like Iā€™ve heard that word once or twice in passing, but I never would have imagined it was spelled that way.

You never know what youā€™re going to learn here on the BB.

6 Likes

But did she say ā€œCome, comeā€ first? And ā€œhalt, haltā€? Or does that part come after the bow? Must go watch the movie.

11 Likes

I donā€™t remember the horse bowing to LK. Was the horse not properly trained in how to pay homage, or was it being willfully disrespectful? :thinking:

11 Likes

Maybe it bowed and then rolled over, but 48 Hours omitted it for time constraints.

8 Likes

@HoolieB wins the Interwebz until the end of time!

Thank you HoolieB for making me laugh my ass off!

12 Likes

This recording makes me sad.

19 Likes

Frustration and manure with a whiff of collection?

13 Likes

But then we will definitely have to pee and there is no way I am wearing adult diapers!

7 Likes

ā€¦and add more leg.

11 Likes