Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Tenancy rights doesn’t make them legal tenants so you would be wrong. Sure it’s a convenience for you to slip misleading terms in there. If a squatter breaks into an abandoned house and is there over 30 days the law gives them tenancy rights, but they are not legal tenants.

Don’t mislead.

40 Likes

You are misleading as to MHGs testimony. She said they always made it work. That would imply there was no great financial emergency.

But here’s the kicker: IT DOESN’T MATTER EVEN IF THERE WAS. LK doesn’t get additional relevancy because she paid MB for services. It didn’t buy her extra rights. I don’t understand the obsession by you and a few posters to present that it does.

LK was a horrible student/boarder/occupant. Her narcissistic behavior and tendencies (she wrote on COTH she’s a narcissist) made her continued presence there untenable. She violated law (testified to), abused people, filed false reports, etc.

And not for nothing, she could have been paying MB $5 million a month and it still wouldn’t be worth it to put up with her crap.

IMHO

41 Likes

In the 48 Hours interview, Michael Barisone himself stated that he gave LK a sweet deal and that he did so because he had bills to pay.

This idea that JK threatened MB and coerced him into offering LK the apartment is something made up to attempt to excuse MB from having set up the arrangement that he did with LK.

MB is not criminally responsible for having shot her. Why is it important to you to ridiculously claim that he’s not responsible for taking her on as a client and permitting her to live in the apartment?

2 Likes

This ^ :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

14 Likes

So what? Even if we say OK he was broke what difference does it make? Even if we assume he took her because he needed the money (lord knows it wasn’t her talent or work ethic which got her in) that doesn’t give her license to do all the reprehensible things she did.

31 Likes

Well, keep trying. :wink:

8 Likes

… JK and KK

11 Likes

OK, KM. I think I understand the distinction. Thank you.

They had tenancy rights because they had been there over thirty days.

I believe they were also legal tenants because MB agreed to let them reside in the apartment, as he stated in the 48 Hours interview.

$5 million. That’s an interesting figure.

Can you have legal tenants without a lease in NJ? I’m not sure on that.

Can you have legal tenants in a domicile that isn’t a multi occupancy (2+ family) dwelling in NJ? Not sure.

Are they legal tenants if there is no lease and they overstayed after being told to leave in NJ? Not sure.

Can they be legal tenants in a domicile deemed unfit for human habitation? Don’t know.

Are they legal tenants without the permission, knowledge and authorization of ALL owners? Don’t know.

I’m not assuming they were legal tenants as I’m not versed in NJ law and there are so many elements to the situation to be sure.

19 Likes

Oh yes it’s indicative of some super secret knowledge which you obviously find provocative which actually would out you more than I. But hey, go for it. Assume away!

18 Likes

So what?

1. It contradicts your nasty claim that JK threatened MB in order to coerce him into letting LK live in the apartment.
  2. While $5,000 a month is not huge amount, if it made the difference between barely covering bills and racking up more debt each month, it potentially explains why he would not want her to leave until he had other boarders to replace that income. Not want her to leave despite the intense pressure from MHG to get rid of her.
1 Like

How so? What do you find so interesting about it?

9 Likes

Listening to it, interesting to note that maybe everyone who said the basement apartment only had one means of egress should too, as MHG testified that there was access to the main living area for the upstairs and the working student area in the basement.

3 Likes

The same way you read the police report mentioned earlier? Or some other way?

Just CH insisting they are not going to answer that question.

Wow, that would be a unique and different way for the Kanarek family to do somthing.

15 Likes

Bolding mine.

30 Likes

And because CH is currently horseless, it seems she has no clue how much a BNT charges for monthly board. I suggest CH shop around for board rates. BNT for H/J will be charging a minimum of 5k per month PER HORSE in Wellington. That would be to the tune of $30k per month for Ms. K.

27 Likes

What is the documentation that JK threatened MB to force him to let LK live in the apartment? I admit I missed that.

3 Likes

Honestly, if I was on the verge of financial ruin, losing everything, etc? I’d choose that over having a tenant/boarder/client like LK and her sidekick.

And just based on average board, lessons, training - much less a facility like HH - you’re looking at $2-3,000 per horse per month. Variables do apply, how many lessons, training rides, etc. But $5k for 3-4 horses is a bargain. He wasn’t paying off debt on the “profit” at that rate.

27 Likes

MHG has whatever authority MB grants her when it comes the barn. He can put anyone in change of any aspect of the business he wants to.

33 Likes