Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

There it is. The surgeon who testified at the trial stated she required no further surgeries, other than one after the one he performed. Repair of an implant is an IDGAF in the greater scheme of things to me, unless the requirement was due to negligence on the part of the doctor who did the initial implant. Implants fall into vanity surgery as far as I’m concerned unless done by a cancer patient.

18 Likes

Asystole is treated with drugs and CPR, not defibrillation.

29 Likes

That’s awful - I’m so sorry for your loss. Doesn’t matter if it happened years ago.

6 Likes

I’m really sorry. It sucks to lose a brother.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.

3 Likes

So sorry, I can’t imagine losing one of my brothers like that. Virtual hugs to you.

3 Likes

I’m so very sorry. How awful!

3 Likes

I am so very sorry Warnblood1

2 Likes

:performing_arts::llama:

11 Likes

The agreement was to board two. Both horses showing which is where trainers make their money. There were comments in the first thread that implied that the third horse arrived with no notice. A horse with chronic cellulitis which may have prevented the horse from showing.

Then there was another mare in quarantine. I’m not going to include JayT in this because I don’t have any inkling of that status.

I don’t know why it is so hard for people to understand that boarding is a loss leader. Training, horse shows and sales are where trainers make profits.

21 Likes

:grinning:

https://youtube.com/shorts/zvw-CI4woZ4?feature=share

5 Likes

7 Likes

I think it’s pretty unlikely that Michael would have gone back to the barn and shot others after he shot Lauren, but I do think that his shooting Lauren happened really fast and I’m not convinced that he meant to do it, so I wonder if he had the opportunity, if he might have turned the gun on himself after realizing what he had done. He had become insane, but he’s not a homicidal maniac by any stretch of the imagination. It’s possible that Rob might have saved him from harming himself, but obviously we’ll never know.

4 Likes

I think the technical term is perky. :laughing:

7 Likes

Is this documented somewhere?

I already posted this article but I’ll post it again because it is quite eye-opening regarding the use of insanity as a defense:

From the link:

" When a person is convicted of a crime, they serve a set amount of time in jail or prison and that’s it. When their sentence is over, they’re released. However, there are no sentencing guidelines for NGRI pleas. What would have been a one-year sentence in jail can turn into a lifetime sentence at a hospital.

Many attorneys don’t understand NGRI and believe they’re presenting clients with their best option. Mr. Key commented that his attorney “didn’t give me a formal education on the NGRI process and what it would look like. He only said ‘you can vote [in political elections] with NGRI process,’ but nothing about the rest.” Unfortunately, it’s a very common statement to hear among NGRI patients.

Only after accepting NGRI does the person finally start to learn about all the hoops they must jump through to get released. “I didn’t know I’d have to go through a lot of obstacles and hurdles. It’s overwhelming; when you think you’re done, something always comes up to put you back down,” Mr. Key explained. What he refers to are the many meetings, evaluations, court dates, and other processes that can take years to get through in order to re-enter the community."

" At any time, throughout this process, a patient can face a setback – sometimes at no fault of their own. If staff doesn’t like a patient, if there’s a misunderstanding, if a patient has one bad day, this could mean starting the whole process all over again. There’s not much a patient can do if they disagree.

In addition, unlike sentencing guidelines where the person gets a set release date, under NGRI, the Court decides if a person is ready to re-enter society. This can make those in charge of the decision (judges, clinicians, etc.) nervous to release patients.

This responsibility can also lead to such a strict oversight of the person that anything might be seen as a problem, making it impossible to ever leave the NGRI cycle. With reputations and licenses at risk, it’s no wonder why patients get stuck in the NGRI system."

Thank goodness the jury was looking out for Michael’s well being when they came to that NGRI verdict and sent him to a state mandated mental hospital right?

Is it normal for an Olympic dressage rider to advertise horses for sale on Facebook? I’ve never seen that before, but I’m only familiar with the jumping disciplines. None of the top trainers, Olympics or not, advertise horses anywhere on the internet, let alone Facebook.

It was posted by MHG and JH. And yes, some do and some don’t. Why don’t you join one of the sales groups and poke around yourself?

14 Likes

I had VATS surgery. My scars are like this. My big scar is a bit longer than this big scar. I’m sure this gal can still wear a bikini. This is what lung surgery scars look like nowadays. My big scar is as long as my pointer finger. Maybe a smidge more.

7 Likes

Additionally, LK and RG made living onsite, which I assume is part of the staff compensation, difficult for the staff.
If you start losing staff, its going to be hard to keep boarders happy.

6 Likes