Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Two of the three were promoted to Corporal in the three years between the response and the trial.

1 Like

[quote=“hut-ho78, post:5095, topic:778966, full:true”]

Two of the three that first arrived were promoted to Corporal in the three years between the response and the trial. That would be Heymer and Wurtenberg.

Three years is a long time to be able to “clean up” your work record. There could have been a minor hand-slapping for the way the investigation was handled. Maybe those two delivered babies on a highway, participated in “shop with cops” events, organized money-raising endeavors for permanently injured officers.

There are a LOT of things that could be taken into account when a promotion is given. Just like, if you read the originally posted link to the disciplinary report, there are LOTS OF REASONS why police officers can be suspended or terminated from their jobs (like ‘not being a resident of New Jersey, as required’).

7 Likes

Your right, I missed that. It is not a common occurrence. Nor have I ever heard of a patient that needed that.

However, that is a fairly small incision, a couple of inches, it is not “stem to stern”. My C-section scar is bigger. You want stem to stern, my cousin has scars from chest to groin from being opened up to fix an aneurysm.

10 Likes

Listening to the surgeon like you suggested. I am glad you made me listen to that recording, it allowed to me know that you are not being fully accurate.

When I listen I hear different things than what you insisted.

The Thoracic surgeon was at the hospital, a minute away at most per him, I believe the term he used was ‘right down the hall’, had just finished his daily surgeries. So saying he was called in is kind of exaggerating what happened there.

I did not hear him say she had a collapsed lung.

The way the Thoracic surgeon describes things she did not have multiple surgeries at all.
In the trauma bay they attempted to access the aorta, were not successful and applied loose stitches before she was taken to surgery (Thoracic surgeon said it was just minutes at most). The trauma bay is not a surgery.
The Thoracic surgeon did his thing and while she was still in the surgery being watched they decided to make the opening in her abdomen.
All the same surgery…not multiple surgeries. Just because different doctors were cutting does not mean it is more than one surgery.
She had two chest tubes.
The Thoracic surgeon said her heart had stopped once (not flatlining at all, and not twice).
She was on the ventilator for EIGHT (8) days. Not the three weeks that likes to get tossed around.
The Thoracic surgeon stated that she had two follow up appointments with him and that she had no ongoing needs after her second appointment.

Bonus from this adventure, other than learning the facts of things, I learned how to spell thoracic, as that is not what I thought the word was before…and now I know what it is.

Are there any other videos I should be watching again to better understand the real facts?

37 Likes

There looks to be a midline incision along the linea alba which may be the result of a laparotomy to alleviate pressure causing abdominal compartment syndrome.

But yes, “stem to stern” is usually manubrium to pubis.

26 Likes

Oh dear…big mistake. I think @Sdel knows exactly what she’s talking about.

2 Likes

The 2019 report that you say is insufficient shows no disciplinary actions for Morris County as well as others in 2019.

Gosh, that certainly sounds familiar!

When a person is 5’2”? It looked plenty big to me.

So you’ve seen it in person? That’s kinda creepy.

7 Likes

It’s a small incision. The guide isn’t her height, it’s the anatomical features surrounding the scar.

21 Likes

Having worked my whole adult live I have learned that without a doubt, a promotion does not mean capable or the most capable or anything along those lines.

21 Likes

Wasn’t that same hand (RG’s) unbandaged the next day while he and Daddio were
banging on doors or whatever and threatening the barn people?

12 Likes

It must be an extremely low bar to reach to earn a promotion with this department. No wonder the entire place screams incompetence. I can imagine their school crossing guard duties must have been exemplary. (Yeah, I don’t have much respect for this so called police department.)

10 Likes

Or it might be like so many places in life that the promotions are not because you are the best at something but because you are the favorite person of the person making the decisions.
There is also the all important - no one else wants that job.

9 Likes

I guess someone who was there might know. However, the instagram picture of RG showing off without a cast, and the claims that because he had surgery the doc said he didn’t need a cast are quite circumspect. Especially he then needed a second surgery. My doctor actually cared about my continued use of my hand and had me wearing a cast for at minimum 8 weeks after he fixed it.

BTW, that suture line was interesting. Across the first knuckle of his right hand….

Maybe someone wouldn’t want to open the door to investigate that kind of repair job on a finger that would have gone through a trigger well of a gun. Otherwise, why not play up how you broke your hand during a heroic moment…

Instead we heard about how quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly MB was incapacitated on the porch.

11 Likes

Other factors that could affect promotions include vacancies at higher ranks created when officers retire or otherwise leave the department. Tenure can also play a part (this also happens in the military). “There is an open slot for a corporal and - Officer Jim Bob has been here for three years and is next in line for promotion.”

7 Likes

:joy:
Sure, that would have worked… Oh, wait…

10 Likes

Yes, the nature and cause of RG’s hand injury has always been intriguing. I am willing to bet that there is FAR more to that story than we were led to believe.

19 Likes