Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Thank you!

1 Like

That was where they held MB for medical treatment. And LK and RG both testified to MB as having fired the gun while standing by the bush next to the porch. In that drawing, the truck is not near the porch (the one at the far end of the the house). Also, the trajectory drawn for the only known bullet hole was drawn to the front of the truck. But there are still a lot of assumptions and unknowns surrounding that.

Remember, she was supposed to have been shot within a 4 ft range, so, probably not from the front of the truck with the locations shown.
Measurements would have been helpful, but perhaps they would have provided a different picture than what the prosecution wanted to show.

3 Likes

By all three do you mean two shell casings and Lauren Kanarek or are you implying there are three shell casings?

6 Likes

Beat me to it by this/much.

2 Likes

That diagram us interesting.
So, its meant to show where everyone was when Heymer got there?

So was MB trying to get to his truck to flee, his truck is the crooked ine, correct, like the previous time when LK went at him and tried to stop him leaving.

5 Likes

I worked at a Level I trauma center ER with a Life Flight helicopter. It was the only one at the time that could accept helicopters from Santa Cruz to SF. And I concur, except where traffic is prohibitory for ground transport. To dispatch, land, fly and land again would likely take longer than an ambulance ride in LKā€™s case.

12 Likes

No. The location that MB/RG were found is not shown.

2 Likes

MBā€™s truck is this one:

You can sort of tell by this photo from day 2 testimony. That evidence marker #1 is the empty magazine.

6 Likes

Replying to self, itā€™s actually about a 40 minute drive, although I am sure an ambulance could get there faster.

It was testified to that RG and MB were on the porch when RG jumped on MBā€™s back put him in a cloak hold. LK may have been reaching for MBā€™s arm to keep him from shooting again and they fell to the ground from there.

Paraphrasing, as I donā€™t feel like going back and listening

3 Likes

I was assuming middle of the day, running lights and sirens.

Here is another photo that shows casing #1. It is evidence marker 2. It gives you an idea of how far away from the porch/bush it was.

2 Likes

I would imagine another factor would be how close they can land the helicopter. I know that in Wellington, anybody who gets hurt at the horse show and needs a helicopter gets loaded into an ambulance, and then driven up to the open field down at the corner by the traffic light and the Tackeria.

Come to think of it, that might also be related to the fact that they probably donā€™t want to land a helicopter right at the showgrounds, even if they had the room for it. That might result in even more people falling off and needing helicopter rides.

Just out of curiosity, I asked the EMTs at the H/J horse show in Wellington a few years ago how often they sent somebody off in the helicopter, and they said basically every day during the season.

That amazed me. I realize there are a lot of rings at that horse show, but still.

5 Likes

Fair, but it was raining and it looks like a fair bit of the route (nearly 9 miles) is on West Mill Road (a ā€œwinding, country roadā€ according to the below NJ.com article).

:scream: Donā€™t tell me such things! Especially after my helmet got one star in the Virginia Tech study! (Seriously, though. Thatā€™s horrifying how frequently they send someone off in a helicopter!)

10 Likes

So this was when LK had already been shot, according to their story? Even though in a previous version of their story, she said she had to go in the house to get RG after MB showed up?

6 Likes

I meanā€¦ on the one hand it is.

On the other hand, they have something like a dozen show rings, and then a schooling ring for just about every show ring. And they go all day long most days.

So thatā€™s a lot of horses and riders on the grounds, at all levels from little kids on ponies to Grand Prix riders. It could also include people who get hurt back in the barn as well. That happens once in a while.

I donā€™t know what the criteria would be for getting a helicopter ride. Iā€™m guessing any sort of head injury that involves a loss of consciousness, maybe? And probably some other things.

3 Likes

Phone wonā€™t rotate, so I canā€™t quote. I guess I am shocked, because although I have a friend who died riding, and another who was paralyzed, and I have had and have seen some bad falls, I donā€™t know anyone airlifted. Of course, I know it happens (Kevin Babbington springs to mind), but I didnā€™t realize it was so frequent. Sorry to derail.

ETA: And oops, didnā€™t reply directly to you @MHM! Am failing all around today on navigating CoTH from a technical standpoint!

1 Like

You have to remember that those horse shows in Wellington have been going on for decades, and growing every year. So I think they have a protocol in place for just about every possible situation. Iā€™m sure that includes putting people in a helicopter, even if sometimes they are erring on the side of caution when they do it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry. I should have said ā€œall yā€™all.ā€ Oops!

1 Like