Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

At this point, I’ve resorted to a nice petite sirah.

8 Likes

A couple I worked for bought a new farm 15 minutes from their former property, I remember what a process it was to move the broodmares, foals and young horses and there weren’t that many. It would take multiple people on both ends to get a stable the size of MBs moved states away, especially without him to lead the team. Anyone who doesn’t realize this hasn’t tried to move more than one horse if they’ve even done that. The logistic of moving as many horses that were in NJ to Florida would take a good team, with someone staying behind to make sure everything was taken care of at that end.

18 Likes

It would be a Herculean task. I shiver just thinking about the prep.

9 Likes

This ^

9 Likes

Beer for me, I forgot to pick up my favorite red today.

5 Likes

I’m enjoying a glass of Lambrusco reminiscing of my last trip to Bologna.

6 Likes

I think she meant left to relocate.
JH still works there last I looked.
The people I know who worked (or rode with) with MB have not abandoned him.

21 Likes

Yup, the last WS position I had, my horse died (his board and training was my pay for work on the farm) and then a day later the BO/trainer had a cardiac event… Boarders called me and I ended up covering the barn for the three months as BO recovered from a bypass. While we were under quarantine from state vet, no less, because my horse died of EHV neuro. And obviously since my horse was dead, I was not compensated.

21 Likes

Wow that’s a lot to deal with. You’re a good person.

15 Likes

Was this a serious comment? If so I think I’ll go insane refraining from replying.

24 Likes

The extra fun/extra incompetent part was, when I responded, s/she tried to be all ‘anyone who brings up education is insecure; I’m sooooo embarrassed for you’.

Forgetting in a mere 6 hours that the person who introduced the topic was yourself made that a particularly hilarious/humiliating self own for that poster.

:rofl:

24 Likes

In other news, MH just won her GP on DeeDee. Guess she’s doing quite well.

53 Likes

Or as Jonathan put it, “the name on the door”!

16 Likes

We had great boarders and such well behaved horses. I couldn’t abandon them.

15 Likes

Didn’t Lauren actually admit to this in one of her long drawn out posts somewhere? I feel like I remember her saying that. Was it part of the manifesto?

14 Likes

And this is exactly what happened!!! Everyone helped moving the horses and equipment to the FL facility except MH. LO stayed and packed up and cleaned out the barn while it was on the market, commuting to and from her home in another state and running her own business. That’s what friends and support people do. Everyone involved is still with Barisone Dressage in a manor of speaking except for MH who is doing alright by herself with her business and recent marriage.

How did anyone think all of Michael’s belongings got packed up and moved? Magic?

I’m sure LO knows the many, many people all over the East Coast who offered to help in any way possible. Far from running away from Michael, dozens of people ran TO him to help.

33 Likes

Clearly there are people posting on this thread who have never benefitted from a friend, neighbor or colleague offering to help in some manner. Of course, you have to have a friend IRL, be a decent neighbor or a respected colleague in order to receive a kindness.

30 Likes

And it’s pretty clear based on those who came to speak on MB’s behalf that he is well liked and respected.

17 Likes

For me, straight Keemun, loose, milk no sugar

3 Likes

Last I saw, JH was coaching/training LO’s daughter and she was very happy with the results.

18 Likes