Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Yeah, by the user’s fourth or fifth post it was clear to me that I’d be happier adding yet another user name to ignore. While doing so, I noticed all the names on my ignore list have one thing in common: aiming to close threads.

:owl: :owl: :owl:

17 Likes

@HoolieB, those owls are adorable.

7 Likes

Right? I am still waiting to see or hear from those friends of Lauren’s from her childhood or later telling the world all about how shocked they are at what happened to her, how uncharacteristic this behavior was of her, that the Lauren they know is just awesome, etc.

chirp-chirp

Only people who have never spent any length of time with her in person.

No barn friends. No friends from her youth. No former work friends.

30 Likes

Omg her buckskin pony… swoon

14 Likes

Phew!! Good to know.

4 Likes

You make a good point here that I hadn’t considered before. The horse world, especially the dressage community is quite small. I can understand a BO with a troublesome client reaching out to others to see if they had experience with that person and maybe see if someone had resolved issues - to find out what works, if she is all talk, can the Dad control her, etc. But instead of a few stories and maybe some encouragement (she’s all talk, ot speak to JK ) he gets story after story, people threatened with lawsuits, people driven or bullied to the point they are striking back, maybe with equally inappropriate behaviour. It must have been terrifying.

23 Likes

I’m a hot chocolate gal, or a big ole DD regular coffee.

Flavored coffee is an abomination to both God and country.

8 Likes

Or even just, you know, not alienate every single person in your orbit.

Some years back, I was at a horse show by myself where I didn’t happen to know anybody. The people in the stalls next to me offered to give me a hand if I needed anything since I was on my own. I didn’t actually need any help, but I thought it was extremely kind of them to offer.

People will even help perfect strangers. Thank goodness.

25 Likes

Thank you. I couldn’t remember.

Ugh. That sounds like a very rough stretch. So sorry for your loss. That stinks.

2 Likes

She had me at bourbon :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I know right! Love the pictures of him.

6 Likes

Me too! Pretty sure I’m under 17! Not real far under, but under, thank goodness!

4 Likes

Dear @Knights_Mom,

I have a dear friend who responds to all offers of flavored coffee with “No thanks, I prefer coffee flavored coffee.”

11 Likes

I cannot even imagine trying to cope with that situation. It’s enough of a challenge to do the annual migration to Florida with multiple horses under normal circumstances when you are planning to return to the same place, much less emptying out the home base in order to sell it.

On top of everything else that was going on at the time. Yikes.

12 Likes

Now that you mention it, that was yet another sign that they had no clue how a major league barn works.

It always takes a village to get anything done in those settings. It’s never just a one person operation. No matter whose name is on the door.

13 Likes

How great for her. And the horse!

6 Likes

I wonder if it also depends on the age of the subject when they occur, or if they are clustered one after another.
I had two bad ones before I was 7, the first occuring from a blow to the front of my head, and then the back.

3 Likes

Props to JH. He had already worked for MB for what, about 15 years before LK appeared on the scene? And he still works there to this day?

That is an incredibly long time to work at one place in the horse business even under the most normal circumstances. Much less what’s been going on there in the last few years. Wow.

24 Likes

I wonder where Mr McGrain is now. He really made an impression on me on the stand.

13 Likes