Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

I signed a waiver when I signed the boarding lease where I board. And there is a sign posted. And if I bring a visitor they sign one as soon as they’re on the property. Good business practice. And I’m happy to say they haven’t murdered me yet!

27 Likes

Yep, same.

I ride a horse for a someone at a place where I don’t board and I signed a waiver the first day. Same with the barn where my personal horse is boarded.

I really don’t think that MB, MHG, RC, et al. thought that they could get LK & RG to sign a waiver and then kill them and not be held liable. I’m just not convinced. Maybe I will be convinced as the civil case procedes. Maybe I’ll also win the lotto (I don’t play).

14 Likes

Have @CurrentlyHorseless or @hut-ho78 ever signed the standard release we have all signed? Can they agree that its existence is in no way nefarious?

19 Likes

Judging by the comments on Law & Crime youtube videos, there was no positive impression of LK.

21 Likes

I tend to believe that you are the company you keep. Perfectly fine with certain posters disliking me. :wink:

I got called mean for pointing out that while LK’s horses are lovely horses for dressage amateurs, they aren’t horses that competitive international level riders are going to kill for. Glamourdale, on the other hand…

There is nothing wrong with being realistic and calling a spade a spade IMO.

36 Likes

I remember being warned many years ago to never feed a horse anything with poppyseeds on it, since it could result in a positive drug test.

6 Likes

That’s ok, more for me! Horses for courses and all that…

4 Likes

You have to say, “halt, halt,” and then “bow.”

25 Likes

How about LaLaPop’sPop Bagel?

7 Likes

Well most of the bakeries now use Nigella seeds instead of poppy seed so there is that too.

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of those.

Also known as St. Catherine,s Wheel, a device torture. Beautiful true blue early spring annual. Looks spectacular next to my California poppies but over seeds like crazy.

2 Likes

When I went to look up Bagel types I saw poppyseed which reminded me of LKs logon here LaLaPopRider.

6 Likes

No. You are wrong. It depends on the state.

You cannot be the “one party consent” in a one party state if you are not part of the conversation either. You cannot record someone else’s conversation in the background and then claim you’re the consenting party.

25 Likes

This has been explained so many times that I’m flabbergasted anyone still doesn’t understand. Orrrrr, they understand and are just pot stirring. Could it be?

28 Likes

Doh!!! Now I shall be able to halt squarely, I do believe you bow first to show no harm, then comes the “halt, halt.” I may be mistaken.

9 Likes

In NJ it is a felony to record someone without their permission (first part) and a secondary charge to then share that recording with others (second part)

The damages for such are in the statute. It’s very clear. Making a recording of a conversation you were not a part of and then sharing that with another person is a felony.

But civil penalties aren’t up to the state. They’re up to whoever wants to bring someone to the mat for their bad acts.

ETA: each occurrence counts. Each recording, and each sharing of each individual recording, and each individual recorded - each combination is its own occurrence.

43 Likes

This is a completely normal thing for a lawyer to do. A letter on legal letterhead does a lot to resolve disputes. In a landlord tenant dispute it is par for the course; it’s not evidence of some nefarious plan.

If a letter gets someone to comply with the terms of their agreement then both sides save a bunch of money in legal and court fees. There’s no downside.

40 Likes

Seems enough to cover MBs legal fees.

81 recordings was it?

MULTIPLIED BY 2 - ONCE FOR THE INITIAL RECORDING, ONCE FOR THE SHARING OF EACH

$2,430,000.00

38 Likes

Wow!!!

So this could be big time, major trouble for Miss Kanarek and her buddy, Rob?? Is prison a possibility?

Why has The State of New Jersey not acted already? What media outlets need to be made aware of this bombshell?

18 Likes