Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

No debtors prison.

They’d file bankruptcy is my bet.

15 Likes

What about mom & dad?

2 Likes

Possible. Difficult to prove. LK posted her acts 1000 times. Others didn’t. So getting proof more difficult.

4 Likes

@lazaret, for over three years, and actually longer than that, I have waited for information like this! This must be Karma getting ready to pay a visit!

Is this why Lauren doesn’t want to return to NJ or can NJ go after them in FL?

10 Likes

As long as you don’t put it in the bed of your truck…

8 Likes

So I’m guessing SS knows they were given transcripts of illegal recordings?

10 Likes

Dang!!! Come USEF, whatcha gonna do now? This is getting real!! Seems there should be several phone calls made tomorrow!

I still want to know why Schellhorn and/or his boss didn’t act on this law breaking years ago!!!

14 Likes

What if the claim is made that the attorney ED told them that the recordings were legal? Would that matter at all?

2 Likes

You may be right. However, I think it depend on how Nee Jersey looks at it.

New Jersey law allows for one party content and in a public area where privacy is not expected. Key to the second is how New Jersey has set precedence for public area where privacy is not expected.
The term “public” can have have very different meanings. I’m interested in seeing how that is interpreted for the court case if it even comes up.

I don’t think there were any illegal recordings. If they don’t settle, we may find out.

Not sure they were all illegal if some were done by one of the working students who were asked to leave before the end of July. The comment by lk above hints that some of the recordings may have been made by an accomplice who wasn’t suspected of recording conversations she was part of. Like at a staff meeting or something.
But that doesn’t mean other recordings weren’t done with out meeting the consent laws.

8 Likes

They might have a malpractice case against him, but it wouldn’t absolve them of liability.

9 Likes

So the sister working students could be in serious trouble now too?

4 Likes

I just remember Judge T saying they wouldn’t be charged because an attorney told them they were legal.

I would guess the attorney could say they didn’t follow his guidelines.

1 Like

No. Well, it doesn’t matter if you are acting on the advice of an attorney in committing a crime via a vis your guilt or innocence in a court of law.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense, as it were.

Judge T doesn’t get to decide who is charged, that’s up to the state. Probably many reasons why they weren’t. However that also doesn’t really matter as civil penalties can attach for the act in question regardless.

31 Likes

Isn’t that interesting! Judge T is involved in everything isn’t he?

13 Likes

Thanks!

Not if they were part of the conversation, no. If they recorded convos they weren’t involved in then possibly. But as you can see, the fact a law was broken is not a guarantee there will be a prosecution.

7 Likes

Did you ever find out if he faced any repercussions for his Krol comments?

No, and ironically the lawyer for the police basically argued that the police were not obligated to “investigate” a crime.

6 Likes

Are we likely to see any new filings this week or maybe after the holiday? They are interesting. Even more so once the legal peeps explain them for those of us who can’t make heads or tails out of them. :grin:

2 Likes