Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Sidenote: I am personally against piercing baby ears.

11 Likes

The request to amend from Deininger was a request to submit an amended answer and counter complaint by the end of the month, where he was previewing what the amended filing would look like.

So presumably Deininger will file the amended answer and counter complaint next.

Nagel was successful in getting both subpoenas quashed, so Silver and Deininger will need to serve revised, more focused subpoenas on JK and KK, although those will not be posted publicly.

It appears that there were no negative consequences from JK missing the original response date on the subpoenas, from LK requesting her deposition be conducted virtually, or from JKs email to the judge.

1 Like

my old man canine gets a weekly 6 piece nugget order and one nugget per day because his mom is a giant pushover. The girls at the local McDs know itā€™s for the dog and they ask how heā€™s doing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Iā€™ll never forget warming up for my lesson when I heard all hail breaking out in the trainerā€™s house. She had just taken a turkey out of the oven and put it on the counter. She went to answer the phone or something and yep, all over the floor with a Great Dane going at it. Even my horse was freaking a little.

I was like, oh dear, weā€™d better be really really good today. ('Cause even on a normal day she can rip you a new one.)

5 Likes

The place I get my coffee on the nearby local rez gives out dog bones when we go, weekend morning treat. Such a great service to add.

4 Likes

bahahahah whatā€™s worse, the ruined turkey or the dane farts in the aftermath LOL

4 Likes

I believe the counterclaim filing is just an update, kind of a technicality/formality. It has already been approved by the judge, it just needs to be filed as such.

3 Likes

@Knights_Mom, that is one adorable kid. Wow. I was thinking more along these lines, cute kid with cute pony and colorful hair bows that I am sad were not a thing when I was a kid (though I did not start riding until well after this age so it would not have mattered).
Random internet photo.

7 Likes

You could type lengthy chapters waiting for my young border terrier to finish his meals. He eats very slowly and is very meticulousā€¦ carefully picking up each kibble and thoughtfully eating it with great pleasure, slowly wagging his tail the whole time. He loves the toppings/sprinkles (vitamins etc.) on his mealsā€¦ and just the right amount of water. If the mix is not to his liking (not enough water, too much water, more sprinkles needed), he will just sit and stare at his dish.

As opposed to the older bt - who sees mealtimes as some sort of contact sport between her and the bottom of the dish. She has one of those bowls designed to slow down a gobbling dog - and it likely slows her down by about a nano-second.

One of the mysteries, to me, of this tragedy, is why none of the adults in LKā€™s circle stepped in to do anything to deescalate and resolve the situation - or any of her bizarre behavior. Between RG, JK and KK, apparently none of them realized she was acting very strangely, her behavior was not rational, and they seemed to egg her on and support that rather than attempt to deescalate and resolve the situation.

25 Likes

This is my opinion, I have no facts to prove it - but I think they not only did not try to deescalate, they actually encourage that she was right and that there was a reason to do this stuff, and she should continue to do this because there will be a benefit to her for doing this stuff. The adults in her life (she is an adult too, butā€¦ ) seem to be of the same user type mindset as Lauren is. This is clearly an example of like minds sticking together.

21 Likes

Yes, the impression I get is that her family actually promotes this.
It seems her father may have strong armed other trainers to take her on or keep her in the past.

15 Likes

It might simply be easier.
That sheā€™s doesnā€™t or isnā€™t allowed in the family home suggests that maybe they have thrown up their hands on this one, and go along with her nonsense to avoid the nonsense being directed at them.

13 Likes

That is typical enabler behavior.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve made homemade cream of mushroom soup since college so nigh on 35 years now and it is sooooooo yummy! This is a great reminder to me to make a batch as Iā€™ve not done it in years.

4 Likes

I had just finished Thanksgiving dinner with my 2 sons and my older sister when one of the boys noticed a loose horse. The three of us jumped up and went to capture the horse (my horse no less) that was galloping around madly and making all the other horses excited. It was a free-for-all! But, while the four of us were dealing with that, my German Shepherd talked her Schipperke boyfriend into getting on the table and dragging the turkey off onto the floor, where they both proceeded to devour it! As turkey skin and bones are very bad for dogs, I called the vet who advised me to give them hydrogen peroxide until they puked. I did. Worst. Thanksgiving. Ever. :roll_eyes:

23 Likes

Whenever my dog eats something untoward, I let the emergency vet handle this part.

Itā€™s worth the $130 to me to not be cleaning up peroxide barf in my garage. My old man has an affinity for those nightguards us humans wear to grind out our stress in our sleep - the local emergency vet has probably retrieved 6 of them :joy:

They say itā€™s good training for the new techs. I say better them than me and bless them all for doing it.

19 Likes

And oh the irony. Wasnā€™t he just so hopping mad when he found out he had been subjected to being recorded without his knowledge? He went from a jolly ā€œnothing to see hereā€ attitude to very fuming and belligerent in an instant.

15 Likes

Someone left my garden gate open and my old Rottie went on a post Christmas bin raid up the road.
When we found her she literally looked like sheā€™d swallowed a barrel :flushed:
One emergency vet visit and subsequent operation to remove FIVE festering undigestable turkey carcasses along with tin foil and everything else sheā€™d consumed, followed by a second op as she developed peritonitis and itā€™s safe to say that was my most expensive Christmas ever šŸ«£
This is the same dog that let herself out of the pen in the rescue centre I got her from and raided the feed room by knocking all the feed bins over and when I got her home I had to buy a new fridge freezer as she figured out how to open the doors and empty the fridge of anything and everything that was edible.
Her nickname was bin dog :rofl:

19 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

I have one of theseā€¦ā€¦

I also have one that is mouth perfect. She doesnā€™t get into food or the trash or chew the inappropriate things.

2 Likes