Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Elvis and Radar. They are groomed once a month and never shed.

33 Likes

I used to take my dogs to a park that had a lake. Two of the dogs would wade, and one would swim a little bit, but just briefly, and then come back out.

Until one day when he got his eye on a duck that was paddling around near him. And he swam out after it, and kept going and going and going and going and going until he was out of sight. I called him and called him and called him, I tried to find somebody with a boat who would take me out to retrieve him, no luck in any direction. Eventually, I went up the side of the lake a bit to see if he had emerged up there, but still nothing.

Finally I really thought he had drowned, and I had one less dog, which made me extremely sad. But I took one more walk around the area where he had gone in, and he came flying out of the tall grass and plowed into the back of my legs, almost knocking me over. Super, super, super naughty, but I was still extremely glad to see him.

I will say that for the rest of the week, he could barely move his tail. I think it was sore from all that swimming. And I donā€™t think he ever decided to swim off after a duck again. Lol.

6 Likes

I once took my dog out to a dog park. They had a little swimming area that was filled by a creek with a barrier to keep them in the park. Well, it was extra full that day and my dog just swim out of the parkā€¦.

It was not fun trying to find her since there was no exit near the place where she swam out.

We didnā€™t go back.

4 Likes

My friend had a greyhound she had ā€œrescuedā€ after its racing days were done. Most polite dog. Apparently required a release in order to eat, but even she didnā€™t realize it, and when she was saying ā€œgood dogā€ after putting down the food, it was the release it needed.

THey both came to visit one day; we lived in a house on a river, and we had guinea pigs in a big pen in the spare-oom which didnā€™t have a top on the cage. THe dog took a tour around the house, looked at the guineapigs, then came into the living room, where his owner said, ā€œoh, good dogā€. The dog got up and left, and returned with Mr. Wheeks, his neck snapped and eyes dialating in front of us. Can you imagine the horror? I could see and understand what had happened, nobody wanted to say ā€œIts OK.ā€ but I knew it really was not the dogs fault, it was his nature and how he was trained. To him, the only thing he saw when he looked at the Pigs was supper. Perhaps he had even been trained to run by having to kill his own food, not sure how that works.

We put Mr. Wheeks in a shoebox with his favorite foods, fresh grass and Carrots (Carrots with a lisp, because all guinea pigs lisp) and rowed him in the canoe out into the river, where the ocean tide meets the river and gave him a viking funeral where he sank beneath the waves (hopefully) and surfed back to the house. Big lesson about ā€œreleasesā€ learned that day.

11 Likes

They look like characters. Wow.

1 Like

24 Likes

23 Likes

I had a dachshund who would swim put in our pond and try to catch a goose. They would go back and forth, the goose swimming just out of reach until the dog gave up

2 Likes

Yep, itā€™s called dead tail. My brotherā€™s Lab did the same thing (donā€™t remember if it was the English Lab or the American Lab before her). My parents were dog-sitting her for the first time, and took her to my sisterā€™s, where there was a pond. With ducks. So out went doggo, not to return, just swimming after the ducks who were too smart to go near shore, just kept paddling in a circle. My parents thought, ā€œGreat. First time sitting the dog, and sheā€™s going to drown!ā€ Had to get the flatboat and go out and get her. Her tail was dead for a week, too.

4 Likes

It is interesting to go back and read what some people posted in the very first thread on this situation and see how very wrong they were.
Hard to believe that some posters even posted that they thought the death penalty would be a thing, and how Michael should just take a plea so he does not get the death penalty or life in prison.
(I admit that I was kind of shocked that some people thought the death penalty applied when no one died.)

16 Likes

My dog and food story was when I first moved into a new house. Iā€™d been there a week or so, so the house was still full of boxes. After work one day, I was in the mood for a bagel, but when I went to the kitchen, no bagels. I knew I had bought some a few days before, so where in the world could they be?

Happened to glance into the living room, and there in a corner made by two boxes was part of a bagel. A bagel. Started looking around, and in several rooms, in little nooks and corners, were either partially eaten bagels (only one per spot), or crumbs where a bagel had been. My dog, a Cocker/Aussie cross best I could tell (she had been a stray), so not very big, somehow had jumped up to the kitchen counter and snagged a brand new bag of bagels. I had to laugh at how she had hidden bagel bits all over the house. But it wasnā€™t until several weeks later that I found the actual plastic bag, with one moldy bagel in it, in the very back corner of my walk-in closet.

8 Likes

Unlike others here, I think minor failures in adulting and scant non-violent arrest records arenā€™t necessarily pearl clutch inducing eventsā€¦there are plenty of functional adults who have made mistakes. Assault/violence and multiple arrests are a different story, but even then I can find empathy if the event is isolated (ETA: or the multiple arrests are non-violent). There are often more than one side to a story. I also have empathy for addicts and their families, as I have been the family member of an addict who put us through hellā€¦

But if this is true, putting aside the lengthy arrest record, itā€™s adulting failure on a whole other level. You failed so hard you had to have your girlfriend/fiancĆ©ā€™s dad call and they stopped taking the calls? Yikes.

8 Likes

If it werenā€™t for the horrific brachycephalic syndrome, I would highly recommend bullies - English and French. They are lovely companions. I just cannot abide by what we have done to them, or I would have a million more. They do make terrible barn dogs, though!

6 Likes

Would you consider sharing. That sounds fabulous as I also scratch cook, bake etc.
Thanks

I love standard poodles, had one growing up!! My hubby did a beautiful commissioned painting for someone with white poodles

34 Likes

Love Standard Poodles. Iā€™ve had 2. Wonderful family dogs. Currently have a corgi and love them, tooā€¦but the shedding!

1 Like

11 Likes

I scratch cook all the timeā€¦baking however is another level that I have not mastered

1 Like

I went back to the first thread again because I donā€™t remember the death penalty being discussed. I couldnā€™t find it anywhere.

Appreciate the doggie thanksgivings stories. I thought mine had pulled off some memorable food capers but they appear to be amateurs compared to these tales.

Then you did not read very well.

Edit to add:
@hut-ho78 here is a screen shot from the original thread. The ID of the poster has been removed.

4 Likes