MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

So much for being happy MB is “just off the streets”…

Just based on the clip of the SM….it’s really going to make people scratch their heads as to why she would stay for so long if he was so horrible as a person….

15 Likes

Holy MOLY.

@avjudge - thanks for posting the link to the preview.

First thought - They seem to have a whole lot of Boyd Martin commentary for a dressage shooting related story.

Second thought - awww. Gotta love Boyd. Everyone loves Boyd.

Third thought - LK is screwed. Literally everyone loves Boyd. The general public who have no clue about horses? They’re going to be convinced by whatever Boyd says, with his likeable & low key demeanor, plus good looks and charming accent. If Boyd says MB is a good guy and the social media campaign LK waged was horrific? Average Joe Citizen watching 48 hours is going to think, “Yeah. What that guy said.”

Final thought - JK’s voice is very different than I imagined it to be. Quite interesting that 48 hours actually got commentary from him.

35 Likes

I imagine the Kanareks are furious! Might be a good time for another cruise or trip to Europe!

13 Likes

Looks like Jonathan is painting the picture that MB was close to bankruptcy and LK graciously bailed him out!

8 Likes

For those who don’t have direct access to watching 48 hours, could someone’s mom transcribe the episode?

(Asking for a friend).

39 Likes

You were doing so well and then you went off the rails when the final thought failed to include Boyd in any way. What the heck?

25 Likes

I come here for the court filings and stay for comments like yours.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

18 Likes

He can try… but no one is going to pay much attention to him. Frankly… his nasal voice is one of those things that make people automatically regard what he says with a little skepticism.

He also seemed to be talking fast in those clips, and have a slight New Jersey accent. No offense to any of the New Jersey-ites on the forums, but a fast talking person with a Jersey accent is not generally something the rest of the country relates to, or finds extra charming and likeable. Is what it is.

8 Likes

Yeah…Boyd Martin…swoon

17 Likes

I should have juxtaposed JKs voice with Boyd’s. :joy: If Boyd delivered the exact same words JK did… I MIGHT be more sympathetic to what the Ks are saying. Because, ya know… it’s Boyd.

12 Likes

So…it seems like we now know where the narrative from the last week or so has come from……MB has been “told” he shot LK….”told” to take the word of a liar who had a plot to destroy him….

24 Likes

Ignoring all that, the facts say otherwise too.
What she was paying was well under market and then she added more and more horses so there is no rational person who is going to believe she was bailing him out of anything. She is just another multi-horse client that needs to be gone.

29 Likes

Let’s hope somebody points that out!

14 Likes

The family seems to have a tacky obsession with talking publicly about their money, and trying to cultivate the impression they have lots of it.

It comes across poorly. Always has. If they did more of this during the 48 hours episode, it is yet another thing that average Joe Citizen is going to subconsciously consider negative about them.

12 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I was so glad to see that Michael Barisone was given a chance to speak. Also, VERY glad to hear from attorneys Bilinkas and Deininger.

27 Likes

So who do you think “told” Michael Barisone that he shot LK? His lawyers? His doctors?

1 Like

I believe that interview happened after the trial so the answer to who told him is - the whole freaking trial.

20 Likes

Plus I believe that article was written by a reporter who actually rides and shows, so she may have been more likely to include the specific names of horse publications and organizations than a non-horse related journalist.

7 Likes

Likely the police when they arrested him.

12 Likes