MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Ha! The New York Times… :joy:

That statement is quite interesting, isn’t it? Texts that relate to the incident, possibly covered by attorney-client privilege (by an attorney who didn’t even respond to the subpoena in a timely fashion) are factually irrelevant.

I imagine the responses will be quite entertaining.

6 Likes

Just you watch… now YOU may have conjured him yourself… Beetlejuice and all that. :rofl:

7 Likes

What this filing says to me is the Kanareks know they are in a world of manure!! So, they want to play the same game Taylor played by limiting evidence. Well, it didn’t work then and it won’t work now. [edit] Darling daughter brought the suits but now daddy is worried he and mommy might be dragged down with little Miss Innocent. I pray that Silver, Bilinkas, and Deininger respond with text book law and put Bruce and his client(s?) in their place. Next they will claim executive privilege!!! Shysters!

22 Likes

Do we think he’s going to show up and start flinging poop after that preview? That would be amusing, I guess.

4 Likes

Never say never… stranger things have happened!

4 Likes

Saw it live. Loved that horse!![quote=“McGurk, post:4940, topic:775980, full:true”]
Thank you for encouraging me to find this video on YouTube.

Wow! Just wow!
[/quote]

11 Likes

Nope, I don’t think he would dare show up here now or after the episode airs. He’s done, stick a fork in him.

6 Likes

I don’t know. That group seems to show a remarkable inability to recognize when they’re done.

24 Likes

No kidding. Voldemort also comes to mind

4 Likes

Watching this video causes me to despise the Kanareks for what they did to Michael and, as a result, so many others indirectly! I believe in Karma and know eventually they all will pay.

10 Likes

Amen.

So, I wonder. Now that there is an official claim that “documents do not exist”……will SGF now make claims that they can provide evidence that they do? Maybe show proof by giving a sample document in the reply exhibits?

2 Likes

What a tangled web we weave…

I believe the humiliation has got to be crushing for them.

3 Likes

Hmm. Maybe.

Why does the attorney for LK believe that MB won an Olympic medal in Beijing?
Medal results for the Dressage competition in 2008 are just a google away… The American team was disqualified and Steffan Peters was 4th individually, the best American result.

There is so much wrong with that filing. I agree, the typos are horrible as is the grammar.

Is there some difference between criminal and civil procedure that allows the plaintiff’s attorney to attempt to quash the subpoenas of third parties, at all, or if too late? The entire filing seems very bizarre.

I do hope that the defense attorneys point out the basic factual error of the “Olympic medalist in 2008.” Such sloppy work by Nagel’s office.

17 Likes

Maybe he was following the lead of the prosecutor, who also got that basic fact wrong in the trailer.

17 Likes

Right? This isn’t hard people!
I mean, isn’t attention to detail an important trait in a prosecutor?

12 Likes

And I think accuracy should be important for an attorney attempting to win damages for his client.

Starting on the wrong foot aren’t they, with this, and the fact that their client doesn’t want to show up for a deposition in a case that they filed, in the jurisdiction in which they filed?

Did the T.V. show make the same mistake about the Olympic medal?

8 Likes

Gauging by how often JK and KK were described as “elderly,” I’d say he is trying to create a certain “environment.” Portray MB as a powerful dressage rider (or something) that took advantage of poor, pitiful LK.

That’s the most sense I can make out of it at least.

4 Likes