MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Ah yes, that gem of a discussion where LaLaPop tried to school me on how attorney-client privilege works. Even though only one of us is a lawyer. And not just a lawyer but a litigator who happens to teach Professional Responsibility (the class where that topic is taught in law school) and has written a Professional Responsibility textbook. Good times.

64 Likes

It’s too bad she didn’t listen.

13 Likes

She had/has an army of “blue chip” lawyers to advise her, so it’s really not my problem.

There’s a whole section of the textbook explaining exactly why her position is wrong.

But it did seem that engaging with her was very triggering and bad for both her mental health and her case so I stopped doing that entirely because it was clear she wasn’t able to step away from the discussion. Also the thread would have 1000s of replies between times that I checked in and it was just too much to follow and keep up with.

27 Likes

It’s very interesting reading that discussion now that attorney-client privilege is being litigated in discovery in the civil suit.

Many people advised her to back away from the keyboard. It’s really unfortunate that she didn’t heed any of your advice. Perhaps she and her army of lawyers will still prevail, but she certainly has made it more difficult.

22 Likes

Oh c’mon now. You know there is no “blue chip” army of lawyers. :smirk:

She’s got Bruce Nagel. I think I’ve seen Andrew O’Connor’s name on some of the filings as well. He’s a partner with Nagel Rice LLP. There may be an unlucky associate or two who are also working some on the case.

I am still wondering if Bruce Nagel might not attempt up withdraw from her case at some point in the not too distant future… it wouldn’t surprise me.

10 Likes

For them, but in a way easier for MB.
Which works for me

8 Likes

Yeah sure all that is nice and stuff but are you with a top world prestigious Blue Chip law firm? :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

LOL, No but I was. I’ve since moved on to greener (Bluer? Whiter?) pastures.

15 Likes

I’m fighting the urge to say something back which is childish but funny as hell. I won’t say it because if I joked ‘I bet LKs Blue Chip law firm could beat up your old Blue Chip law firm’ that would be messed up, right?

:rofl: :rofl:

Oops.

11 Likes

It was a special moment in my legal educational journey as well. Not only was I schooled in how law firms are structured, but my own status as a lawyer and/or a lawyer who ever worked at a large firm were called into question. I guess when one lies like a cheap rug, especially on SM, one expects others lie at the same breathless pace. It was good times.

Funny, she was going to get right back to you on the privilege issue after her top 5 global blue chip law firm partner on speed dial confirmed her understanding. Did I miss that? :rofl: :roll_eyes:

33 Likes

I posted this on the other thread, but I’ll put it here too, for all the Boyd fans. You know who you are. Lol.

15 Likes

I would have agreed until I saw him gleefully sitting with Jonathan Kanarek in the 48 hours episode.

4 Likes

It appears her attorney’s understanding, as well as hers, would have done well by paying attention to you guys. But now we have this:

19 Likes

Back to the task at hand after the excitement from the 48 Hours episode, what can we expect this week in the way of filings?

7 Likes

Was that footage from the April trial timeframe though?

2 Likes

Possible oral arguments this week. Originally the contempt motions were adjourned till the 23rd. I expect we’ll see something on those and the deposition by the end of the week.

17 Likes

I would think that footage was from some time ago. Isn’t the MB footage from right after the the trial? When he was still in jail?

2 Likes

The MB footage was immediately after the verdict. Other footage was taken at various times over the summer.

4 Likes

You could be very right, though he had no reason to be at the trial.
Now I wonder if he went and watched.

I have no idea when Jonathan Kanarek was interviewed and told his lies.
I wonder if Jonathan’s interview happened at Bruce’s office?

4 Likes

Thank you for keeping us informed.

I think we should start a pool on what shape you will have to pick next.

I am choosing bicycles.

It will be interesting to see if all of NJ’s court system are corrupt/clueless or just this one aspect of the criminal case.

8 Likes