MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Would someone mind putting the link to the court filings at the top of the documents list? I seem to have no trouble getting in but keep losing that link . It somewhere deep in this thread at the moment.

3 Likes

Wish I did!

2 Likes

@ekat, you are the original poster so I think you are the only one who can do this.

3 Likes

Done!

11 Likes

This response had me cackling. Just “no” is one of the funniest things I’ve read on this board.

13 Likes

So, it’s well past COB Friday there, is it not? I guess that means no news today?

7 Likes

It appears not. I checked a few of the other cases that were on the judge’s calendar and there’s no updates there either, including the easy Withdrawn Motions.

8 Likes

I am neither a legal expert nor a math whiz, but I am appalled at the thought of how many days MB has spent so far in multiple facilities after he was supposed to be moved to a different place that would be more helpful to him.

And those days are continuing to add up even now.

35 Likes

@Mondo can’t reply on the closed topic… but Geoducks are hysterical. There is actually a song.

9 Likes

That was so important to share. You are a good doo-bee. Very nice indeed.

1 Like

Someone was vacuming and didn’t realize court was over and it was TIME TO POST THE MOTIONS!

7 Likes

Yep, nothing new posted overnight.

Legal eagles - what is the difference between the Filed Date and the Entry Date? This screenshot just shows the last four filings, but for every item on the list the two dates are the same.

3 Likes

Also, these entries are confusing. Why does the one filed on 9/2 say the motion filed on 8/24 has been rescheduled to 9/23, but the one filed six days later (9/8) say the motion has been rescheduled to 9/9? There were three motions filed on 8/24. Are the 9/2 and 9/8 entries referring to different motions? And nothing happened on 9/9 - the next entry was the Cross Motion to Quash filed by Nagel on 9/15.

Exactly!!! Sure does seem like punitive delays to me!!!

12 Likes

Filed date is the date the doc was filed with the court. Entry date is the date it was entered into the online case file. You can see it a few times where there’s an original document that was filed and had to be scanned into the system as opposed to an e-filing.

7 Likes

The first one you listed was the motion for Jonathan Kanarek, which was moved to yesterday.

The second one is the motion to compel Lauren up to NJ.

There’s no similar notice re: the motion for Kirby but I think that’s because Bruce’s Motion to Quash never really specified whose subpoena he was trying to quash.

15 Likes

Thanks, I was trying to open the links but kept getting that pesky message about exceeding the maximum number of concurrent users.

But the 9/9 hearing never happened - correct?

4 Likes

Correct. The motions for Jonathan and Kirby were adjourned, even though only Jonathan’s showed up on the calendar.

The motion for Lauren says they’ll be noticed when oral arguments are scheduled.

4 Likes

In other words, delay, Delay, DELAY? That seems to be standard for the Trifecta and Morris County.

10 Likes

Does that mean Sceusi started to review them but decided to not rule on them until later?
So “adjourn” has a slightly different meaning than “rescheduled”? But in both cases, it means “postponed”?

Sorry for all the questions but I’m trying to understand the process. And thanks again to you and KM and others who are so patiently explaining things. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes