Unlimited access >

MB update

Of course he can’t be “incarcerated in NJ.” Who said anything about incarceration?

People acquitted by NGRI can 1) remain involuntarily institutionalized, 2) be conditionally released, or 3) be unconditionally released.

Unless he is unconditionally released, he is still under the jurisdiction of the NJ criminal court system. Under a conditional release, the release would have “conditions”. One of the conditions might be that he remain in NJ.

My understanding is that the temporary suspension is a suspension pending the outcome of the SS investigation. Once the investigation is completed, the temporary suspension will be replaced with either 1) nothing, 2) a suspension of fixed length, or 3) a lifetime ban. He was acquitted in the criminal justice system. However, to SS I think the distinction between NGRI and NG may be important.

3 Likes

Someone asked the appropriate question: what was the reason for the most recent delay? Was it due to congestion in the courts, or because Barisone’s doctors or lawyers requested more time for evaluation?

If subsequent evaluation hearings are at six month intervals, he’s probably better off not rushing the initial hearing, if the additional weeks in treatment and evaluation will allow him to present a better profile.

2 Likes

Ok you are free to believe this.

I’ll chose to believe that he will be permitted to go home. As for the other stuff I’m afraid biased thinking has led you to an incorrect conclusion. There are many factors for my thinking as I do for both aspects of the situation. Good reasons.

As usual the confusion with NGRI and “guilty but insane” continues. I’m not wasting more time down that rabbit hole.

But anything can happen. The one person who will 100% be safe from SS sanction is MHG. She’s doing FANTASTIC winning and placing high in her classes. So at least one life is repaired.

I hope others are repaired too.

32 Likes

Are you asserting the bolded statement as truth?

3 Likes

Or it could be any other of a number of reasons. Unless you have inside information with those who make these decisions, I doubt you know any more than the rest of us. It would certainly be a shame if outside influence on the judicial system was the cause for the lengthy delay.

I’m told there have been absurd comments by particular individuals on the YouTube trial chats, even after three months, that could be considered troublesome in their tone and apparent malice (no, I don’t have screen prints and don’t frequent the YT threads to read the nonsense posted).

It would be nice if the court would explain the rescheduling of the initial Krol hearing. Without that hearing the court has zero information regarding Barisone’s mental state and whether he is a danger to himself or others.

11 Likes

Hmmmm, is he actually receiving treatment or simply being evaluated? One would think it wouldn’t take 90 days to evaluate his current condition, assuming professionals interact with him on a regular basis.

11 Likes

If CH is privy to some info that it was MBs attorneys who asked for more time so their client presents better, I’d like to know. If it’s just a libelous statement by CH and MBs attorneys did NOT ask for more time I’m sure others would like to know.

13 Likes

The problem with speculation, aside from it being non-productive, is that it introduces the possibility of manipulation.

For some reason, certain posters continue to try to manipulate the circumstances surrounding MB to meet a certain narrative.

The fact is, MB is still under Anne Klein’s care. Conditions to his release have not been established. Hypotheticals, such as MB won’t be allowed to leave NJ, or that he will be permanently banned by SS, are completely unnecessary and are counterproductive to the actual discovery of facts.

Facts are things proven to be true, in case anyone has forgotten.

ETA: Here is one of Mb’s drawings that I found on the GFM page. Thought you might enjoy -

57 Likes

Wow! It’s actually really good.

18 Likes

Curiosity got the better of me. Only dipped my toe in a little but someone is calling MB a “murderer.”

13 Likes

There are quite a few more interesting ones than that.

9 Likes

I honestly couldn’t stomach anymore. I just noticed that some postings were made an hour ago. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

From past examples over the years since the shooting, a sudden flurry of mad utterings on old social media feeds has usually meant that something’s about to happen, I wonder if that’s the case here?

23 Likes

True

1 Like

I admire that kind of ability to draw from memory or even a photo and make it so realistic yet artistic. Imagine what he could do if he had proper paper and pens/pencils.

@lazaret agreed, it would be interesting case law. Even with covid delays etc. this seems to be veering into egregious territory.

13 Likes

In this case, the ones from the last few days are directly due to the GFM update and his visit with Ms. Osborne. But there are several others that are real pieces of work. In the interest of keeping this thread positive and about MB, if anyone is curious I’m okay with taking the content of the YT comments to PM.

12 Likes

With this case, it seems like the utterings on social media might be happening whenever there is something procedural going on in the background. Maybe getting a court date for an August competency hearing triggered it? Who knows.

It’s all indicative of someone REALLY wanting to have some control over some part of this. Even just the public conversation. Just my opinion… :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Where on YT are these posts?

3 Likes

All over. Mostly in the ones with the psychologists, LK, and RG.

7 Likes

I too would like to, and plan on, keeping my posts in the positive direction of MB reclaiming his life rather than revisiting those I have no interest in either thinking of or talking about.

I see bright days for MBs future and I’m glad. I’m hopeful things go as smoothly as possible and that his release happens when it’s healthy for it to happen.

25 Likes