MB update

Doesn’t load. And I’m not mistaken.

9 Likes

Yawn, we’ve moved on already. Let’s get back to work on the piaffe and passage and not go back to the 20m circle.

14 Likes

NO.

11 Likes

Oh come on. There is zero bickering involved with that. It was a joke.

Have a sense of humor.

15 Likes

I would love to have a beer with the man!

6 Likes

The state psych witness said that MB was sane and not delusional when he shot LK.

Fair enough:-)

3 Likes

I always wonder when a crime occurs in a small community how everyone can remain impartial to conduct a fair trial for the defendants. It seems human nature could take over and color everyone’s perception of the event.

In another case I am following, the Rhoden family murder trial out of Pike County Ohio, one of the Wagner defendants, the eldest son, goes to trial next month. Two of the Wagners have already pled guilty and are to testify in the trial against the other two.

It is my understanding that this is a small community and an article said the potential jury pool is only 1300. I believe a change of venue was already declined. I don’t think I could be impartial if I was a member of the jury in this case. The 8 murders were horrific.

Thanks again for your contributions!

5 Likes

But, the jury ruled NGRI… correct?

Did you get a chance to review the posts on this thread from @ekat about the Krol hearing process? Some of the content was really well researched and very informative on a legal/procedural level.

19 Likes

Ok, now I want to learn about that case.

I think that you just have to trust that once the actual jury panel takes that oath and is sworn in, they’ll take it seriously. A lot of void dire weeds out so many. If they get through 1,300 and can’t find a jury, they’ll call in more.

You’ve done jury duty, right? I may be confused here…if I am, I’m sorry. But, if it was you, once you got into the meat of the case, so to speak, you kind of feel the weight of that oath and that duty, right? I tend to believe most people are like that. Or at least I like to hope that’s the case.

7 Likes

:roll_eyes: :rofl:

4 Likes

The jury disagreed. That opinion counted more than yours does now.

22 Likes

Yes I did serve on a jury for a civil case. It was a sad case but we did rule for the defendant.
I got dismissed for the criminal case as one of the peremptory challenges, the first one to go. :flushed:

1 Like

Hmmm….seems like another evasion in the works. Still waiting for an answer from our horseless companion. Maybe, should the question be asked of others, we could get an answer to it?

11 Likes

See, I like to believe that everyone serves as honestly and diligently as you, even if it means sometimes you are the one they strike.

4 Likes

This happens to my neighbors turkeys he’s raising.
It’s owls decapitating his.
They drop the skulls at my house,… after digesting. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Why do you even keep bringing up the idea of MB “expressing remorse?”
“AFAIK” means nothing. Even if he does, none of us will ever probably know about it.

16 Likes

If the link worked, this is a video of the other case I mentioned. It is supposed to air soon. If you google it, a bunch of articles come up as well.

4 Likes

It works! Thank you! That will be interesting for me to dig into.

Edit to add: I don’t mean to sound disrespectful when I say interesting. It sounds like a horrific tragedy. It’s always interesting to try to learn about why these things happen, and the legal process is also interesting.

4 Likes

The state psych witness provided more entertainment value than credibility, and he gave the state the answer they wanted in order to prove their case (which they clearly did not).

26 Likes